The Name Ris'sunus....

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
People of Atupal,

I thank you again for my rescue from the vile Sahuagin, and I send this word to you after our new alliance in the hopes that you can once again offer your aid. The words of this “Tidewalker” man have reached not only your lands, but our realm as well, and if what he has said about Ris’sunus is true, then there is a cause for great concern.

You see, centuries ago, the creature known as Ris’sunus was a terror upon the seas, but it was defeated, and its light - the legendary source of its power and the great storms caused across the seas - extinguished forever. I do not know how it has returned and rekindled the light, but if it has indeed happened, Ris’sunus will become an extraordinary threat to both our peoples. The storm above the seas has been growing steadily, and I am certain it is doing so as Ris’sunus’ strength swells.

Sadly, we Tritons rely on an oral history and do not have records far enough back to tell us how the beast was defeated before. There are stories of Ris’sunus’ loss, but they are varied and inconsistent, and none go into enough detail anyway to of any real help now. But, I know a location that may have some answers. My home city of Calleia had a sister city, long-destroyed and abandoned, where more concrete historical accounts were kept. Perhaps it is there that clues may be found to uncover how Ris’sunus was defeated prior, and if it can be repeated once more.

Unfortunately, the Tritons do not currently have enough might to spare to safely enter the ruined city. The place rests in the Sahuagin’s territory of the sea, and our soldiers’ numbers are diminished and already stretched thin as they struggle to defend our homes from the Sahuagin’s ever-increasing raiders.

You have already done so much for me recently, but can I once again ask for your help in venturing to this lost city in search of the history of Ris’sunus’ fall? From what I witnessed of you, your people are valiant and strong, and I understand there are magics to make your kind breath underwater. If you can find a way for your people to function underwater, I am certain your community is up to the task of fending off the Sahuagin long enough to find what we need, and I would be happy to have one of our scouts guide you to the location.

I hope the light can be extinguished once more, and the threat of Ris’sunus once again purged from the ocean.

Qora Calleia
Second Princess of the Tritons

Adventurers, and Princess Qora,

I believe I have something that can help. As some of you have experienced before, I am able to alter an Endure Elements Ritual into that of an Aquatic Adaptation, giving you the ability to breath, fight, move and cast spells under the water as if you were on land. It will only last around an hour, though, so it’s best to not enter the water until it’s absolutely time to do so.

I’ll need to gather some materials to do so on such a large number of individuals, so perhaps a group of you can assist me with that prior to this casting.

I feel we’re on the right path to stopping this storm for good!

- Anivia Amberheart, The Tempest
Court Wizard of Cinem

Court Wizard Amberheart,

I am interested in assisting in both the preparation and execution of this Ritual. What can you reveal about the necessary reagents? I can gather a cadre of folk to locate and harvest them during the approaching Market Day.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Dear Princess Qora and Court Wizard Amberheart,

Thank you for sharing your information and efforts in keeping innocent people safe. I would like to assist you into finding out more information from the lost city. Please consider me at your disposal.

A ritual that will let adventurers breath, fight, move and cast spells under the water as if we were on land sounds critical for all fighting this. I hope to help as many people as possible to get access to this advantage.

Thank you,
Tuli Harper

Back