Teacher Cards

It's been several months and I hadn't gotten an answer from my home chapter on whether or not one is allowed to gobbie for teacher cards you get when you NPC. I wanted to know what other chapters do, if they allow it or not. I'm sure that it's been brought up at some point and just want to hear some input.

Thank you,

~Jesse

Both HQ and NJ allow NPCs to pick one skill to be taught to a character of your choice in addition to the event blanket you receive for NPCing.

It does not require goblin stamps.

In HQ, NJ & OH it is an added reward for people who NPC.

Also, if you are adding events to an unplayed character, you do not need to get teacher cards for them until they are played. So, if you start a blank character and decide not to play them until they have 60 build, you can spend all 60 without needing any teacher cards.

So the teacher cards would only be need if the character was played once, correct?

Pyro727 said:
So the teacher cards would only be need if the character was played once, correct?

Yes.

The first time you play your character, even if he/she has 40 BP saved up from NPCing, you don't need teacher cards. Any time after that, you do.

Marcena said:
I mean, if you don't NPC, but still have gobbies to spend, can you get teacher cards?

You can't buy teacher cards with gobbies. You only get teacher cards (a) from another PC while you are PCing OR (b) a single card for NPCing an event.

Not that you are out here, but Seattle also gives a teacher card in addition to gobbies for NPCing an event.

You can also be taught in-game by an NPC (it doesn't have to be another PC.) Generally this is best done by submitting a plot writeup that you're searching for a teacher for X skill. Then your plot team is aware you're looking for it and just might send out an NPC to teach it. :)

Tyson, quit trying to talk the girl into roleplaying! :D

I hate NPCing b/c of my gypsies outfit. SO many baubles have been lost in the wake of NPCing. Monster camp ate my baubles! :(

So... don't bring your PC's costuming to NPC?

No, when I NPC just to get a teacher card. I wish I could just donate stuff and gobbie for them. That's all I'm saying.

Marcena said:
No, when I NPC just to get a teacher card. I wish I could just donate stuff and gobbie for them. That's all I'm saying.

The question remains. IF you are NPCing, why are you bringing your PCs costuming?

I think she's talking about just doing a shift as an NPC...

normally a teacher card (and any other applicable rewards) is only given out when you NPC an entire weekend... not just a portion of it.

I've always just gotten a teacher card if I NPC'd a shift or two. I didn't know it had to be for an entire weekend.

IF NPC numbers are low then I feel local staff tossing in an incentive, like a teacher card, isn't a bad thing.

Its not really an across the board system so some chapters have different policies.

In other words, YMMV

Back