Stone Elfs

Villig Marcaragnus said:
I played one with a NERO larp up in georgia, alas he was killed three times in one event and then dragged through a portal by rifting vampire barbarians. long story short his lifeless body was rifted back to a table in the tavern. It was very brutal and dramatic. :|
That seriously sounds amazing.

I PC a Stone Elf in Vandlar and am constantly submitted to emotional torture and terror. I'm not even factoring in the other PC's. :p
It took a month or two to nail down the exact make-up and roleplay, but I find it in the end to be a very rewarding RP experience. Being able to bring emotions upon yourself from others to find out things can open up new paths for encounters. Or drive you emotionally insane and then wait for another Stone Elf to come fix you.
I play a Celestial Scholar but I'm experimenting with other options. So glad I retrained Staff over to Archery after my first weekend.

Libras said:
It took a month or two to nail down the exact make-up

This should be translated as "My first two events I was silver."

tieran said:
Libras said:
It took a month or two to nail down the exact make-up

This should be translated as "My first two events I was silver."
I was only silver my second event thanks to a Mehron color read-out not saying that kind applied silver, as it appears white in the pad.
The first time, Amanda was kind enough to take me up to the NPC shack and get appropriate make-up.

To contribute to the topic, it would be nice to meet more Stone Elfs in-game, especially in Zarden, seeing as how they could be an ideal researcher. Then again, NPC Costuming has its limits.

I am curious if anyone would like to expound upon the Stone Elf RP more than is alluded to in the current rulebook? I have a few specific questions.

Is it reasonable for the Stone Elf to get animated about something? (animated in the sense of loud and perhaps intense, not picturesque or jumping around or anything) For example can a Stone Elf be a leader in battle and shout serious commands?

Also would a Stone Elf be willing to engage in regular conversation with people generally speaking? Or would this be looked on as perhaps a week and not racially honest Stone Elf.

Can a Stone Elf get into a serious argument about something they care about or would their commitment to logic and unemotional reason direct them to perhaps stop because there is no particular reason to argue?

To all ya Stone Elves out there I'm seriously considering this race (this or either a Dark Elf)... (as a Celestial Scholar of course. =D) I am a very serious person normally and I have and plan on being a serious RP. I don't think that a Stone Elf would mean you couldn't have fun in fact the emotional control seems cool I'm just more curious. =)

And there is way to much friken talk only about Gypsys and MWE's on this forum!! *playful growl* Elves of any kind FTW! :D

1. Yes, most definitely. Stone elves can be very intense when they want to be. Even Ghandi got animated about passive resistance. "Animated" here meaning intense and resolute, of course. Stone elves can shout, but would do so to make their voices heard, not as an emotional response. They would make great commanding officers, IMHO.

2. Sure. You really can't survive in the Alliance without talking to people, especially as a new player. Most stone elves don't hold anything against the other races just because they're weak minded and governed by their unstable emotions ;) .

3. They would call it a "debate". But sure they would. Even Spock and Sarek got into rows. Just because you don't get angry doesn't mean you don't think your way is better or more logical.

Just my two coppers. Like any race, you could play them different ways. SEs range from the very yoga-esque to the intense, star-trekky in serious need of psychological help.

I would concur on the fact of a Stone Elf making a very good leader on many counts.
1) They put thought behind almost all actions, and actions affecting others will carry an extra weight.
2) Honestly brutal tactics. Most Stone Elves believe in not lying and/or sugar-coating things. If they know there's a chance of people resurrecting, they'll say it. People that back out due to this have far too much priority for themselves, anyways.
3) Least likely to be mentally controlled. Not only in the crunch sense, but of emotions leading to brash and inefficient moves.
4) Mainly support role keeps them alive. Almost all Stone Elves are Celestial Scholars and a lot dip into Archery for the 6BP of never having to memorize damage spells for most situations. This makes them not only an artillery piece and a focal point but a toolbox. In addition, being able to Break Command means your heavy hitters have a lesser chance of breaking off or being a swing for the enemy upon a Domination effect.
5) Easy to spot. If your formation breaks and your Stone Elf commander orders a regroup, you don't need to look hard to see their white skin screaming in the darkness and clutter of most wave battles.
The only kicker I can think of is emotional insanity; in which you better have another Stone Elf that knows how to perform therapeutic emotion-melding. The only thing that could be worse is two emotionally insane Stone Elves due to a failed melding.
/end_rant :ugeek:

Yea that’s sweet. I am especially attracted because of the possibilities of leading a battle while being a celestial scholar. And to be honest although I dearly love them Dark Elves are disliked and looked askance at too much so that I'm afraid they couldn't really rise to that sort of position. Allot of them are ultra nationalist anyways. Plus the Break Command gives you a nice way to help your troops even if your not an Earth Scholar. And I have to admit in Start Treck I absolutely LOVE Vulcan’s, and I don't think anyone would say that Stone Elves aren't the Alliance equivalence. =)

I had another question about the makeup though. Obviously everyone fully whites up their face and ears and neck. It is also a big plus to me that they can roll with any hair pretty much. But what about other exposed skin? If arms or something is exposed am I right to assume that it should get whitened as well?

As for MWE... well the book says it and I feel it. humph they're hardly elves... should be named satyrs! =P

Sorry mate, SEs can't "roll with any hair". They need black, brown, or red hair. Blondes like me :cry: are out of luck.

And yes, any and all exposed skin has got to be white. Leggings and fitted white turtlenecks are your friend.

I agree... I didn't think you could make that character creepier... but you did...

I got tired of spray dyeing my hair every event so I just turned it black. Although I still liked it that spray also acted as basically a hair sealant and kept it in place, just at any sign of moisture it starts to run the color you sprayed it.
Another Stone Elf question. I haven't seen a single Stone Elf with facial hair. Do they not grow it like many other elves, or is it a choice? I personally shave before every event since a lack of facial hair just seems more "elf".

Libras said:
Another Stone Elf question. I haven't seen a single Stone Elf with facial hair. Do they not grow it like many other elves, or is it a choice? I personally shave before every event since a lack of facial hair just seems more "elf".

I'm going to be shaving before each event also and for the same reason. I didn't see anything about not being able to have it if you wish to.

well me with dark brown hair is happy. =) I likewise would shave it, it just doesn't seem stone elf to grow a beard if you know what I mean... =)

IvanDrake said:
Amelia,

You're blonde??!?

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Yeah! You obviously didn't know Kade very well... Blonde + MWE. But I dyed my hair for Ren and just kept it. I like it darker anyway.

And thank you, Alor. You just made my day.

Back