Special offer for the 2012 SoMN Season

Lurin

Duke
Tired of having to blanket events one by one? Want to buy someone the gift that keeps on giving all year (who doesn't want an extra build or two per month?!) For a limited time we are offering a special offer called the 'SoMN season pass!'

Here is how it works.

For $75 you get to blanket every single SoMN event in a year, for example last year this would have been a $150 value! Even better for any event you physically attend you get 60 goblin stamps just for coming and being on the program. (Note: This includes if you physically attend an event in another chapter that prevents you from recieving credit!)

While we haven't posted our Schedule for 2012 yet, we have been averaging 8 weekend events per year and expect to have the equivalent this coming season!

This offer is only Avaiable until March 15th 2012, and covers all events in the 2012 calendar year (including off season!)

To create the greatest Ease possible here is a link to click that will lead you right to our paypal item for this offer!

jpariury said:
What happens if you are attending some other event, thereby negating your ability to blanket a SoMN event?

Ditto. I'm all for this, but I expect scheduling conflicts...

jpariury said:
What happens if you are attending some other event, thereby negating your ability to blanket a SoMN event?

Lurin said:
Even better for any event you physically attend you get 60 goblin stamps just for coming and being on the program. (Note: This includes if you physically attend an event in another chapter that prevents you from recieving credit!)

:hahaha:

To answer another question we've received the blankets will be handled as below.

You give us your Full name, Home Chapter and Character you wanted blanketed.

no more than 3-5 days AFTER each event our logistics team will finish processing all blankets for an event, everyone on our list for this promotion will have an e-mail sent to their home chapter's logistics with a CC to them.

If you wish to change which character to credit at any time, just let our logistics team know (asap if you forget and the e-mail goes out for credit), similarly if there is a conflict please let us know so we can credit you the Goblins/let the home chapter know.

Does the $75 price include a SoMN membership, or will an additional membership be required?

-Luke

Warlok said:
Does the $75 price include a SoMN membership, or will an additional membership be required?

-Luke

It does not, however Memberships are only required in SoMN to physically attend games and to purchase monthly blankets, so I guess 'no additional purchase required' is the direct answer.

Does this include the offseason events (such as the November event this weekend)?

EricMarsters said:
Does this include the offseason events (such as the November event this weekend)?
Lurin said:
This offer is only Avaiable until March 15th 2012, and covers all events in the 2012 calendar year (including off season!)

Hope that helps!

-Luke

edit: added emphasis

As a helper to those who like to have more information, our currently scheduling efforts are looking at seeing a total of 6 weekend events, with 2 one-day events next year, possibly with an extra module or faire day mid summer. This also excludes any end of year banquets which we always seem to decide to need at the end of the year ^.^.

Remember this offer expires in Mid March, so don't leave it to the last minute, pick up yours today!

Hey, I saw this offer, and I'm seriously interested, but I just want one more clarification.

I'm in the Seattle chapter. Does that mean I

1) Automatically get a blanket for each of SoMN's events for the entire year as long as an event doesn't conflict with an event I'm attending at the same time

PLUS

2) Automatically get 60 gobbies for each event I -do- physically attend? Does this include Game Days + Faires? Or is this just Weekend Events?

3) Also, will I be able to use any unused Gobbies to blanket events past this year -without- buying a membership? Because I'd only use Gobbies for blankets anyways.

Draven said:
Hey, I saw this offer, and I'm seriously interested, but I just want one more clarification.

I'm in the Seattle chapter. Does that mean I

1) Automatically get a blanket for each of SoMN's events for the entire year as long as an event doesn't conflict with an event I'm attending at the same time

PLUS

2) Automatically get 60 gobbies for each event I -do- physically attend? Does this include Game Days + Faires? Or is this just Weekend Events?

3) Also, will I be able to use any unused Gobbies to blanket events past this year -without- buying a membership? Because I'd only use Gobbies for blankets anyways.

1) Yes
2) Yes, this is only for events that you WOULD have gotten credit for under item one, basically you get 60 goblin Stamps anytime this offer conflicts with a game you get to go to (we don't want to discourage people from actually coming to games is the idea!)
3) Yes, For event blankets only, SoMN does not require memberships to blanket events, but we DO require membership if you wish to do monthly blankets here.

Wanted to pop in and thank the folks that have already taken us up on our special offer, and remind folks that the cut off for this promotion is March 15th at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time. Any purchases that come in after our February 25th one day, will instantly be granted credit (or the goblins as appropriate) for that event!

A mere ten days remain on this special offer, we do intend to cut this off exactly on time, so don't tempt that deadline folks!

Do you care to divulge how many people have taken you up on it so far? I am curious.

Looks like 7 people have expressed their interest in this thread. And at least 2 of us have taken advantage of it so far :) I'd be interested to know how many others go in on this, too. Seems like a great fundraising idea!

-Luke

While I won't divulge specific numbers, I will note that while we are not buying the Larp Cruiser One Larping Yacht, we have been very happy with the response from both this offer and our new membership levels (which have been taken advantage of more locally, for good reason.) This has dramatically reduced the yearly 'no interest loan' the local owner makes to the chapter and all proceeds have gone to one of three places.

1.) Insurance Costs - We prepay at the beginning of the year, since our events now average 45-50 folks, this is starting to get significant indeed
2.) Coins - Thanks to these offers, we were able to replenish our coin stock (our addition of gold to our order saved the Alliance Owners 500 bucks collectively as we get a discount past a certain point)
3.) Site Costs - Deposits on sites can be killer so a significant fund is always needed here.

What I will say is so far about 2/3rds of the folks interested are on the West Coast, 1/3rd from the East Coast, and the Midwest folks seem to prefer to save their money and come to our games, or the fantastic events of Alliance Chicago/SoMI/Traverse City instead (a wise choice really)

I will also note that not everyone expressing interest in this thread has purchased, and some purchases of course came from folks not posting on this thread.

That's it folks, the Promotion is over, big thanks to everyone who participated! We are extremely pleased with the turn out for this promotion and it's a big help getting us on play-worthy footing as we head into 2012!

As an aside, the button has been disabled, but I cannot delete if from quotes, so don't feel too bad if you try to sneak in at the last minute and the gate is closed ^.^

Back