Settling a bet

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Good people of Westhaven!

I am Maximillian Samwell Studebaker and my dear brother and I have quite the issue. He claims his celestial formal is quite superior in casting rituals, but I dare say it fails to deliver compared to Earthen magic!

I ask the dear adventuring community to let my brother know the truth when he arrives to prove his method better.

- Maximillian

Now wait a minute Maximillian!

Truly you think because you asked first those would see your point, but you're quite wrong dear brother! The Sun, the moon, the stars and the planets all resonate and align to clearly show that celestial formal is the one true way to cast rituals!

Therefore, let us have these good people decide in a contest of sorts! A Ritual off! Winner gets the glory that their form of magic is superior. The loser has to live in shame!

Unless you are scared....

- Jonathan Wellington Studebaker

Oh really Johny!? Well then, we shall indeed like the town decide who is superior. I'll bring the scrolls, you bring the components and we'll let the best Earthen Mage win!

- Maximillian

You mean Celestial Mage brother! It's on. I hope you brought something to wipe away all your tears for when you lose!

- Jonathan

Maximilian, Jonathan...

I think I am uniquely qualified to settle your bet, as I can cast formal magics from both schools of magic. Due to this knowledge, I'll be able to understand the nuances in each of your casting, and will be able to give a detailed opinion. I will be in Fairfax next weekend - we can speak more about this in person, if you like.

Eric Marsters

A solid plan!

- Maximillian

Of course you'd like a member of the Greater Earth Guild of Terna judge. Bias at all my dear brother? I see your game.

Very well, I'm fine with you being a judge in this matter Eric.

- Jonathan

What are the rituals to be cast if you are able to share?
-Aramis Seablade

Well, my brother attended a recent party where a half dozen ritual scrolls were used as mats for the dishes. We were allowed to keep them so it will be Foresee the Weather as the Ritual off of choice!

- Maximillian

Thank you for the clarification.
-Aramis

As she is a rehabilitated celestialist I would personally nominate Liddia Fallingstar to take up the cause of the very magic that fills the length and breath of Fortannis with well being. She who has looked upon the faces of the stars themselves will surely be able to show the power and grace of the magic that sustains us all in good health and strength by representing Earth Magic in this endeavor.

-Lord Barrister Enan Bluewater

Apparently your fellow Celestialist are far and few. Lord Bluewater, Journeymen Marsters and Lady Fallingstar know the grace of Earthen Magics. Your move little brother.

- Maximillian

Should you need someone more Celestial minded to assist in judging, I would be willing.

~Ahlana

Ahlana,

I think what they need is someone of a celestial nature to participate, perhaps you can take up the gauge? I could make sure Lu has a flimsy scarf of some type to tie around your wand to show our support if you need some encouragement?

-Lord Barrister Enan Bluewater

I am not a master ritualist by an means, but if more casters are what they want, I will lend aid to the cause.

I can provide my own scarves and wands!

~Ahlana

I think you missed the idea... they are looking for people to judge which of the two of them are the better ritualist. The remark was, I believe, because of the three ritualists that had commented so far, we all cast formal Earthen magic, while I was the only one that could cast formal Celestial magics.

Eric

I have a few ranks in Celestial formal. I'd be willing to observe, or help out.

~Asura Akuma

Ooh, we COULD get a bunch of Foresee the Weather scrolls (or other not-very-wanted scrolls, like Mist Sense) and have a bunch of people cast 'em to show off that they're the best ritual caster! I think it'd be fun, and we'd learn a lot about the weather!

What do you guys think? Anyone else got some of those scrolls?

~ Silp

Ooh, wait! I got it! You can have multiple people link together and work together to cast the same ritual, right? How about Maximilian and Jonathan form teams of Earth casters and Celestial casters and do two big, multi-caster super showdown rituals?

~ Silp

Woah there, this is between my brother and I. I couldn't possibly imagine more than 4 being cast at the same time; that's so unnecessary. Though...I can't say I'm not...intrigued.

-Maximillian

Back