May Favorites

Alright gang, please post your favorites from the weekend here.

Well, now that I have ceased incessantly perspiring and have taken about ten showers, I feel it is appropriate to post my favorites. Of which there were many.

AHEM, FRIENDS:

1. Beginning the weekend enslaved and bloody. And having them be completely unrelated events. I will be getting corn syrup out of my clothing for events yet to come, but the memories made that evening were PRICELESS. It has been a really, really long time since I have gone to sleep at an event with the sun coming up and the birds singing. After running my hands over a flayed elf's spine. NO REGRETS.
2. LOSING EVERYTHING EVER. Within ten minutes of game on I had both successfully traveled the woods in pitch blackness and lost ALL OF MY MONEY. And then I went out to find the lost pouch and lost ANOTHER pouch. At the time it frustrated me to no end; now I'm just sort of amused, and someone out there is considerably richer. EPIC FAIL.
3. Losing my scorpion to petulance and a poor trade agreement. At least I finally convinced someone to take a bloody, eviscerated rabbit as valid currency. KERGANI PRIDE.
4. Having so many emotionally distraught moments, whether over having another kergani in town (and hot DAMN was Rali pissed to find out she actually LIKED Cuar, despite him being a filthy animal-lover...) or long talks with V by the water (Cannibrofest 2013: Not the Tea Party We Expected). Finally, the entire event culminating in both her revealing her DARKEST SECRET (sort of) as well as realizing that she had perhaps compromised more than she'd intended. ALL THE FEELS.
5. Disarming Luka's bean, enduring Cadeis's Silence, and dancing around V struck by her own paralysis. NO MAGIC LEFT BEHIND.
6. Receiving visits from all of the tribal animals at various points during the day Saturday :) GOOD OMENS.
7. Ending the weekend as bloody as it began. DOING IT RIGHT.

And of course, eluding those pesky necromancers in the woods at the end of the event...

ELF LIFE.

Addendum: Not being at fault for ANY of the wine-spilling mishaps in the tavern this event!!! ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: ADULT.

BLUH BLUH, I AM EXHAUSTED. Thank you NPCs (there were so many of you!), plot staff, Rich, Mandy, Tyson, and food crew. You are all integral parts of what makes this game tick and I appreciate everything you do.

-Did you all have sweet, pleasant dreams this weekend? Uninterrupted slumber? YOU'RE ALL WELCOME.

-I wish I could put into words the way my stomach turned when Dave as Cadeius entered the tavern on Friday night. It was a purely out-of-game reaction because I knew, from that moment on, something terrible was going to happen to V. And, oh, such horrible things did happen. Despite her best efforts to appear unphased/grateful for the first part of her "education", she is absolutely never going to be the same again.
-I know about an earth circle that Kabuk doesn't! It's in my cabin in the woods made out of pulsating flesh that oozes blood! Suck it, cousin!
-"You are touching V's spine. No, her ACTUAL spine."
-Contingent upon that, the amusement in Dave's voice when, mid-torture, with hooks in me, my ribs missing, and covered in blood, I laughed at Cadeius and told him I had an itch and asked if he'd scratch it.
-Also contingent upon that, handling people's reactions to V's no longer wearing the veil all the time is really fun and I love handling her realization that she doesn't have to hide her sadness as a weakness.

-Knowing you are playing your character right when people are unnerved by her being happy/relaxed. "SHE IS LOUNGING. V DOES NOT LOUNGE, YOU GUYS."
-Consonant continents of continental consonance with Tim Curry.
-Cannibrofest 2013: Not the Tea Party We Expected and, after a lengthy conversation about their similarities borne of their dissimilarities, turning around to see a massive - MASSIVE! - grey spider sitting beside me on the docks. In and out of game, it was such a cool experience.
-Strong-arming Rali into giving me Heinrich. V loves her new pet. :]
-Tavern sodomy bean-flicking time with Luka, Rali, Cadeius, V, the Duchess, and Ren (to his chagrin) was the source of so many of my favorite quotes of the weekend. I am pleased at the speed and efficiency with which Luka has supplanted the coin economy and replaced it with a beans and water chestnut exchange.
-Presents from Ocean and frustrating, ridiculous RP with Tim Cray's necromancer. And being chastised by Balls afterwards for not cleaning up the mess.
-"I simply cannot allow a waste of perfectly good magical resources." /paralyzes self

-Thank you so much to Donna, Emily, Emily D., Frisco, and all the PCs who took interest in what happened at the end of the event (Cuar, Simon, Balls, Kantil, Laguna, Rayna, etc.). :] Good guy, bad guy, I'm just the guy with the broken hands and the ability to make myself cry and hyperventilate at will.
-My conversation with Zara just before game-off and her asking me if I'd done the thing. Promising her that I'd protect her as I would one of my children, etc. So delicious. So evil.

Thanks, y'all!

A few highlights from a weekend of heat!

*Remembering to drink so much water I never had dehydration problems. My legs and neck and shoulders were mincemeat all weekend, but at least I was not a heat casualty!

*Omlette!!! (And someones expression when I coined the phrase. You only made the nick name stick!)

* Fighting Justin and Tim all weekend. You are pleasures to play with gentlemen!

* Talking to staff about the wonderful scaling uses of low body high damage swinging monsters...and then seeing them on the field.

* Having to decide whether to life one or both of the corpses left when the rest of the party bailed on the weekends first module. Deadwalk was being to nice...guess we had it coming.

* Remembering how to diagnose and triage forgets.

* Having to Fight Chris and Coggins...while berserked. Man does not being able to take a step back ruin my groove.

* Realizing what the mechanic for the above mentioned fight was and being right

* Realizing my being right would only last so long and making a second good guess about how to bail on the mod

* Talks with Colin about this hobby of ours.

* I think me and Emily were trying to have a "guess what you are in for" contest. This should be fun.

* Not dying of heat.

* Justin Coggins and Tim on my sword side, shield side half blocked by a bed, fighting 6-7 in an arc in a doorway because I was the only shield. What the heck is wrong with me.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with me. I was beat up this weekend with bad legs bad shoulders and a hand that was busted up a bit too. I promise to try and get some of my percision back for next time. Till then, kill ya at HQ!!

Joe S.
Resident Jerk

This event was full of a whole lot of emotion for Zara. Thank you Rich, Emily, and Dave for rolling with my writeup and even going so far as to open the event with it -- it was incredibly humbling, and what an amazing in-game experience. Thank you so much.

- Thank you to Tim and Sarah for being wonderful companions on the drive down and back, even when we were sitting motionless on I-81.
- Aalok, Wellorg, and the angry tree. I've never gotten to start an event like that, and it was so, so awesome. How many people does it take to get an ogreathi out of a tree? Apparently all of them.
- Friday's deadwalk was a pleasure for a lowbie like me, especially when I got my very own pantherghast for the first time. Justin played it perfectly for me and Simon helped keep me from falling, which was really great.
- Despite the heat, sitting by the docks and drinking daiquiris with everyone on Saturday was awesome, relaxing, and so much fun. Larpcation for the win.
- Water balloon mod. "4 Elemental Flame!" -splash.-
- The little undead family mod was deeply touching for Zara, though she couldn't express it. Too close to home.
- The craziness on Sunday. It's a good thing we have a break until the next event, because Zara needs a lot of time to recenter herself and recover from the trauma of being made undead.

Thanks for making and breaking my character in one fell swoop, guys. It was awesome and I can't wait to see how this develops her.

Woooo it was a long one for Tvard! Long, but wonderful.

Not in order of importance
1: Muh fuckin lakeside daqueris and dat sexy MWE bringin em. Awwww yeeeeee, livin dat quest lyfe.
2: All of the interest and support for Tvard's crazy, nonsense surgical experimentation. And then getting the Dutchess to support it! BEST THING EVAR.
3: Having my bone saw checked no less than 5 times to ensure the duct tape blade wasn't real
4: Completing the smarmy "rennaissance man" trifecta by being a mortician/doctor/lawyer
5: Being recognized for my work with the Flames of Cremation. I know it was small, but it really meant a lot to both Tvard and me to get a little tip of the cap.
6: Consequently being able to scream out a terrifyied "CLOAK," for the first time ever as a necromancer chased me down tossing Deaths.
7: fighting the one woman wrecking team SUZIE LEEEEEE
8: Meeting Maggie and Miles and their PCs was awesome. Dudes are awesome.
9: Getting grumpy orc advice. Grumpy prc is best orc.
10: Learning I am the only active member of the Sages' guild in the area. I will definately be the Guild master SO MUCH MORE THAN V EVER WILL. YOU HEAR THAT V? I WILL BE SAGE GUILD MASTER.
11: Accidentally making money like I always do.
12: I know she was already crying the whole time, but when V cried after I said, "Sometimes those who deserve love the least need it the most."
13: Finding more crosses for Tvard to nail himself to.
14: Capturing and dis-arming the necromancer with previously afmentioned bonesaw.
15: Gathering a pile of evidence in V's case to support her account.
16: actually killing stuff during Deadwalka WOO LOWBIE UNDEAD
17: Giving massages and getting a bit of triggerpoint practice. Glad I could help a few of you (but a few of you guys need some serious work. Seriously.
18: "STOP FLICKING YOUR BEAN AT ME!"
19: All the fun fights (despite Whippy the Glaive being impossible to fight hard with)
20: Being able to RP an alcoholic subtly and people actually starting to notice
21: WATER BALOON MOOOOOOD!!! So much fun! I haven't had a water balloon fight since I was a kid and it was just so lighthearted and awesome. Thanks Cole!
22: The undead house was a great thing for Tvard, it's something great for him to be able to help somebody like that.

More more, SO MUCH MORE! Thanks so much Plot and staff! I can't wait to play with you all again soon!

Permanent death can't keep me down! Apparently the heat can though.

-Major Thanks to everyone who checked in on me when I went down. It really means a lot to me and I truly appreciate it all. Love all of you.

-Thank you NPCs! For the time I did fight, I enjoyed getting death'd, create'd and beaten down by all of you.
-Thank you PCs! For all the saving of my corpse. Seriously, you guys should just tie me to a leash so you can pull my dead body back!
-Behaving like my Sister would want me too! And making new family in my weird human ways.
-Deadwatch : We Refuse to Hide - I'm going to make this a thing now.
-I HAVE A PERMANENT FLOWER
-Sugar Sun Festival! I don't call them Locust Tribe, I call them "Cousins of Malrohiren" like it's some kind of NA group of elves. Even though he was totally a different tribe >_<
-Calling on the Lady even if I was very reluctant to. Kantil's not a talker so he did what he could. Start out nice and calm and then really let loose and add in a few choice swears.
-Saving the ogre! I <3 me some Zara.
-Murders, murders everywhere.
-Prison Storms : When it absolutely needs to come back alive.
-Lakeside fun with everyone. The spider paint job.
-In-depth discussions about Chaos and Necromancy and the difference between the two.
-Watching Cuar shoot down an undead from his bed.
-Susie Lee Special Mention! Playing her little hobling townie, we gave her weapons, coin, taught her and her sister to fight and I think I managed to get her an actual town guard job. It's easy to take adventuring for granted, but there are those little moments like chatting with a small town townie that let's you see the bigger picture.
-Ocassional BA Laguna. Discussing rates and invoices.
-The food. Always. Food. <3

That's all my poor cooked brain can think of for now. Thank you again so much. Without my LARP family, I'd be nothing :)

Not usually a 'favorites' kind of guy, but whatever. We'll give it a go.

All of the pre-game. Getting a ride to the event - yay for not driving 2+ hours alone. Sheetz! Having an easy logistics setup, courtesy of this shiny laptop. All the preparation and pre-registration leading to this:
I GOT TO PLAY FRIDAY NIGHT!

... which consisted of fighting some undead, sitting down against a tree and not helping while a pantherghast attacked Laguna, and watching a mod go horribly wrong. I might have done more, but I don't really care about any of you.

Constantly being called "old man" even when I do bother to tell you my name. Yeah, that's going to make me not like you any less. "Hi old man Noldrik." "Hi little girl Zara."

Necromancer fight on Saturday. "there's a whole lot more undead coming." Not sure if that was meant as a wave/town battle, but a few of us march down and meet them on the path. All whole lot of them. Awesome zombie horde fight. After some of us run off chasing necromancers, I'm at one point alone on the trail (vomiting Kantil doesn't count) while the undead keep pouring out of the ground on all sides. I had that epic kind of moment where it's you against the world, and I'm cleaving zombies and ghouls left and right. (I just hope it was fun for the NPCs to get killed in 1-2 hits.)

Then I went and sat down. Because I'm old. So old that I really am growing cobwebs.

Summary of nearly every conversation this weekend: "Hey, old man do you want to-" "NO." ... "Hi, would you like--" "NO." ... "Do you want to go to a chaos party?" "I hate parties. No." "We kill stuff there." "Yes."

The heat finally caught up to me Saturday. Between a shower and sitting at logistics from 8 to 10pm, once I got back to my bed I was done. I tried to get up and back to game; it was an epic struggle of Homeric proportions. Then I woke up and it was Sunday. Sigh.

Having two people discuss, right in front of me, very important matters that they were keeping very much to themselves. After one leaves, turning to the other "Don't worry. I don't care enough to mention any of this."

Not having a steak in anything, anywhere. And all of Simon's bad puns that followed. "This is why I hate all of your words."

Healing V, then 10 seconds later gets cut down by Zara. "Aww. I just healed that!" Mutter, mutter, wander off. Continue not caring about any of you.

Team polearm chasing down the necromancer in the final battle. It is a bad sign for you when I/Noldrik run anything down. Luckily I had Tvard as a chase hound/distraction so I could get in there and drop slays. First time that I can remember being the one to take down the main bad guy. High five.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but whatever. I don't care about you.

Grumpy old orc.

PS. NPCs you all rocked! So many shambles! Super good sports about me beating you up. (But seriously, guard that right shoulder would you? Too easy!)
PPS. FOOD you all rocked! There's a party in my tummy. So yummy, so yummy. And Charlais's drinks. Got the Urah'cha (whatever's in the skull bottle) that was syrupy concentrated at the bottom, ice cold. "It's kicking me in the forehead. This is good stuff."

Undrask said:
3: Having my bone saw checked no less than 5 times to ensure the duct tape blade wasn't real.

"HUMAN! HUMAN, CUT OFF MY LEG THIS INSTANT! WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG?! CUT. OFF. MY. LEG! WHY ARE YOU APPLYING A TOURNIQUET?! IT'S RIGHT THERE! JUST CUT IT OFF! CUT. OFF. MY. LEG! I WANT TO SEE THE BLOOD!"

Tyson said:
Constantly being called "old man" even when I do bother to tell you my name. Yeah, that's going to make me not like you any less. "Hi old man Noldrik." "Hi little girl Zara."

Noldrik is legitimately my favorite character. He's just so old and crotchety and Zara is wildly entertained by it. Especially the moment when an actual spider was about to set up shop on him.

I have to say this event was filled with soooooooo much stuff I knew nothing about......But that tends to happen a lot when I play Lanna.

NPCs You guys rocked the house! So close to a 1-1 ratio! It was intense!

So here we go!

~Cuar- Christopher I tend to forget how much Cuar is like you! Oh man. There were times during the event that I really didn't know if I was talking to you or to Cuar. And like you said.... Can we please never fight for real? I really don't think I could handle you being mad at me..... Those fights were pretty intense. :unsure: All in all I think everything is gonna work out though. I mean it's not like Lanna and Cuar are THAT different.......right? :sweat:

~Rali- Emily you had Lanna doubting things left and right just from the shot glances and snarky comments she heard and saw. Not to mention Raven asking Lanna if she would be okay with a race change so that the other Kergani would accept her.....WTF! And then the long conversation with Cuar that followed down by the river. Thanks Emily! You B*%(#...

~Raven- Dave as always raven is SOOOOOOOOO much fun to hang out with. Sorry that Lanna did what she did. But she'd rather be able to raise her child with the man she loves than to have him worrying about if Raven is gonna pop up or not. Though I'm really wondering if this whole thing is gonna come back and bite me later...... We shall see next year.....

~Trickster!!!!!- T- "Lanna-Raven babies?" L- "I already have babies you can play with" T-*Jumps up and down*
>.< And why me!!!!! Just cause I'm good at reading mime does not mean Lanna needs to be your translator!!!! LMAO! It was fun though! I love it!

~Kantil- Dave you are wonderful. It was fun to watch the relationship between Kantil and Lanna unfold the way it did. Now you're my 'brother'............Yup......I'm gonna leave that one alone. hehehehehe

~Being effective during dead walk! OMG Lanna has never been able to two shot anything during dead walk! It was awesome to actually NOT have to hide in the cabin!

~Even though i hates them....Spider mod 1.... Oh man. I kinda freaked out in the middle of it. Had two of the three necromancers trapped....and then I panicked cause I was covered in "Webs" thanks Frank for getting them offa me.

~SUSIE!!!!!! Lanna had a moment where she was Eff this and just started chucking spells at your necromancer! I loved it. You had me soooooo winded for a moment. I finally had you and then Mike enflamed me.......*Grumbles*

~FINNALLY SEEING SOME OF MY PLOT IG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mandy! I loved it! All the Gypsie fun! YES! The Matron still has people in Lanna's "Family" to meet. But for now I think things are going well....Even if the "hook" was a bit out of sorts......
Raven- "Lanna there's someone in the tavern that wants to meet you."
L- "Like this?" Motions to being half dressed and dripping wet.*
R- "Well....You might want to get dressed. She's kinda important."
L- *sigh* "Give me a minute. I'll be right there..."

~LUKA!!!!- Maggie I love you sooooooo much! And Ren is one classy man......
Luka- "Ren did you just say you feel classy?!"
Everyone- *Dies laughing*

~The Lake! I don't care what anyone says. I'm still going to the lake even if the pool is open. I can't do pools. They make my skin burn..... :zonks:

~Another Fey party.....and oh wait.....Lanna's what?! Yup....that totally happened

Oh boy.....I'm sure there is more but the heat fried my brain and I need MORE recovery time. I can't wait to NPC next event!

Fist time in gburg....wont be my last can tell you that much! Had a lot of fun on both sides of the fence.

-Lanna, Angel intense rp and im sure more to come. loves you <3

-Rali, not sure if Cuar is going to hate her or if she is going to bring out his true Kirigani that is buried deep under layers upon layer of biata voodoo crap. i look forward to august!

-Dead Watcher will Dave and Colin. "19 normal"... "Cuar you just took that things head off!" "It s what I do"

- Laying in bed and having an undead walk into the cabin. I reach up grab my bow and go back to sleep.

- Friday mod where i almost died! it made me laugh.

-Fighting with Frank and Jcoggs against Joe S. good fighting buddy no matter how you feel about it I say you did well ^.^

-RP with the trickster... so much fun!

-Cutting Donna out of the tree while everyone was fighting the bad stuff. Cuar's just like "la tee da ima go and save the ogre."

- Getting to use my tracking IG and OOG. Shouldn't wear sneakers to a larp =P just playing!

-The lake! even though i got burned gah so refreshing! and I was the first one all the way in...go figure the kirigani jumps in first!

-Breakfast with Tim! it was awesome getting to know you oog bud!

-Jcoggs wild elf! i was dieing inside!

im sure there are more but my brain has the dumb! see everyone soon i hope!

Back