June Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Not even downpour could keep us from the end of the road! After another solid event, what are some of your favorites?

- dah Rooooots!
- Biata RP while NPCing. Made 4 verses of the Luna Blade to "Cuban Pete"
- Briar yelling at Vaughn's undead when we were doing the auction. Poor guy didn't have a chance.
- failing on the Smartz mod and truly knowing nothing if the sheltered lands.
- Vile Taint, and breaking Carly , thus keeping the streak alive.
- more as I'll remember them.

Holy crud mosquitoes! But despite that...

--Freaking out Artemis with High Ogre banter and his 2h weapon... "He's a dude, that's why he needs both hands to use his stick..."
--Linko being the smartest and the most stick, as well as the tallest (I had to restrain myself from making Invader Zim references there)
--Splitting the town into the "A Team" and "Team 1: the fighting mongooses"
--"Briar, you more than anyone loathe these vile taints." Sorry I always ruin your serious moments, Ryan. :p
--Emperor's Road: hooray for potion makers!
--Kyle yelling "Noooooooope!" every time I started the sand crab joke... (Don't ask about that unless you're prepared to be profoundly disappointed, by the way)
--Making poor Alexander and Raeker stay up extra late to let us kill a giant pile of undead (in piles)
--Poor Moonbeam... That's Spycraft 101 ;)
--Dure'dhel being a cool Vornae and not killing me and/or refusing to acknowledge me for being such a flippant jerk
--"Gectis, biological family is overrated." Other PCs: "It really is!"

Last edited:
my favorites were getting to the eight challeges in the metheran tower and node hopping to meet with one of the lords who had information for us that was important.

Oh lord.It was great. with the slight inconvenience of being maced by mother nature Saturday night I had an absolute blast! In No particular order:

- Taint. Nuff said.
- Continuing the proud tradition of leaving a stick in the corrupt lands!
- Satuday night. Me: they've been gone a while, are we sure they aren't dead? York: Nah they're fine. 20 minutes later Rags shows up begging for help.
- The TOTALLY WELL THOUGHT THROUGH RESCUE PLAN of Lily, Tal, Artemis and Jemina.
- Node bustin' mods. Those were GREAT!
- All the stick jokes
- Sunday morning Magic Storm baseball

I keep telling myself i'm gonna write stuff down as it happens but that never actually is a thing. :/

Just a blast. To much to remember all the great times here. In no particular order:
  • Ilana is the worst ritualist ever. Period. End of story. She made my sword celestial.
  • I recognize the chair into the circle.
  • Gecits. Im sorry. Im so, so sorry.
  • I never should have gone with to Bomae. Never again. I take it all back. Bad ideas all around. To much disjunction.
  • First barbarian rage in a long time. Bloody nose and all. Im coming for you little Bomaen punks.
  • Maybe the Ice Chimeric spirit was a bad idea. I never even got to call reduced to necro. :(
  • Fining out Kit was both reverse life forced AND Immune to necro...
  • Even though we don't HAVE the last stone, we have a guy that wants to give it to us.
  • Late at night. Its weird but important stuff gets done. Like killing 150 skeletons. took us THAT long to just circle beat the big ones.
  • I've been having issues with nausea and not being able to eat lately. Of course RIGHT when I pick up the vessel of decay I feel sick to my stomach IRL.
  • Story time. good thing I brushed up too. I had completely forgotten about stringers.
  • Dure'Dhel... Is the scariest thing I have ever met. Forever.
  • And finally,... The Researcher, "Any more questions?" Raggles, "Will there be cake when I get home?"
wonderful event plot team!

- Being put to the task of helping a new player sort out their character's build... and doing it wrong.
- Nobody was able to figure out how to braid my hair, but it was probably for the best.
- Scouting, even though it was sort of a horrible failure. I'm glad Lily came along to process the necessary information while I was busy kicking myself.
- Korva(?), poor, strange old lady.
- The Emperor's Road, even though it felt like it got cut short. (Did it? Or did we really make it through all 10 nodes? It was just getting good when the rain started.) Having all those boosts made it feel like we were almost over-prepared. (Which was good, but weird.) And nobody died! :)
- Thinking that I recognized the barbarian shaman's necklace, and then finding out why, out-of-game, later.
- Casting a Circle of Power was pretty cool.
- Taking down the corrupt that was guarding a dying/dead Von Gryphon, with a Bind and an Assassinate.
- I got to experience a lot this game how awesome bindomancy is.
- That racial assassinate potion! I almost ate the tag. (The racial prof one was kind of cool, too.)
- I bought a fancy little MI bracelet, and I'm told the money went toward more racial potions.
- Poking the Unicorn with a few 110 Assassinates. (110's!)
- Ragnarok's bloodied-nose barbarian rage. (It's sometimes hard not to feel cool when you're actually bleeding during a fight...)
- The whitest tacos I've ever eaten.
- Something about York keeping all his cleverness in his beard.
- Asher's stake-of-woe ritual castings.
- New afters place is rad.

Probably more. The last couple events were remarkably better than they have been for some time.

Good event all, really enjoyed a lot about it.

Few favorites-
-Giving Raggles all he needs to render his sword for free...but having illana cast it...oh celestial gifts for barbarians...special place in Kits heart
-Corrupt info drop love it
-Blue Facefingerfang guy interrogation
-Late night Romani talks
-Being crazy busy helping with prep and the prep paying off
-The simple things in life with York, Durehdel,
Lots more but brain jumbles all together.

-Node popping was pretty dang fun.
-Trying to get Dave to let me hug him on the emperor's road when I was pinned.
-Not being left behind on the emperor's road.
-Putting Raggles to sleep for shits and gigs.

Back