Banquet Feasting Foods

LARP Mom

Artisan
Now that everyone has had a weekend of feasting with relatives..

Dig out your favorite recipe and bring a Dish to Share at the Banquet this weekend. There will be judging and prizes for the winning dishes. I will have to defer to our mighty leader as to what the "prizes" will entail. :yummy:

I will be providing your main dishes (Turkey, ham, dressing and gravy).

I am leaving it up to all of you to bring (or make on site) your favorite side dishes and/or deserts. So everyone start thinking and planning. :yes:

PS.. I hear that I will be making you all a brunch on Sunday morning ;)

Short Note - Carrot Cake will not guarantee victory

I'm tempted to go up there w/ the ingredients to make my mother's Grasshopper pie. Rabbits like insects, don't they? :p

Not that it actually contains insects, and unfortunately it contains a god awful amount of sugar...

There is a birthday on Sunday, Nathan's. I'm gonna try to do a cake but I would love some back up for midnight birthday snack.

2 questions on the contest.

1) Are we limitted to 1 entry or could we do 2?
2) If we can do more than 1, does anyone have a slow cooker I could borrow since our car is packed super tight already?

I have a couple crockpots I could bring with me. I have a large 7-ish quart one that I've never used but should work fine and a smaller one that's seen a little more use. I'm not sure of the exact size, but it's one of those older small cylinder ones.

tennyo.san said:
2 questions on the contest.

1) Are we limitted to 1 entry or could we do 2?
2) If we can do more than 1, does anyone have a slow cooker I could borrow since our car is packed super tight already?

No one will be allowed more than 13 entries or a total volume of prepared food that exceeds 1.5 tons.

No one will be allowed more than 13 entries or a total volume of prepared food that exceeds 1.5 tons.

Scratch my plans for 2 ton carrot cake....

KyleSchmelz said:
I have a couple crockpots I could bring with me. I have a large 7-ish quart one that I've never used but should work fine and a smaller one that's seen a little more use. I'm not sure of the exact size, but it's one of those older small cylinder ones.

That would be Awesome! If you have room, I would appreciate you bringing it in.

I'm coming, and so is my dessert :D It'll be pre-made due to it's not something that I can just make at the campsite and wait for it to cooldown. Instead it needs to be cooled up, and would need to sit in a fridge for several hours.

Which one?

I have the corn bread ready to go.
Black Wolf Brewery will make a special batch of drink.

Back