Ascension of the Southwest Spire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar nods "thank you for your help master ixit at least now I know in which direction to look" he says bowing "Perhaps next month i'll pay a visit to faybridge and see if their scholars know more" he carefully takes the drawing "perhaps i'll get lucky and one will be old enough to help me" Mar adds smling slightly "I shant take anymore of your time thank you and your staff again for all you have done" having said his bit mar moves out of ixits way and prepares to leave.

Looking up the mass amount of steps she has yet to climb, Illandra sighs and looks behind her. 'If I had known there would me this many stairs I may have brought my staff with me. Maybe as a walking stick. Ooh...maybe I could have used it to vault myself a few stairs at a time!' She continues climbing, rethinking her thoughts as she goes. If she were true to herself, even if she did use her staff to go multiple steps at a time her luck would surely have run out and she would trip, or miss a step resulting in injury. She flinches, imagining her various clumsy misfortunes in the past, nearling missing a step in the process. 'I just hope climbing these stairs doesn't take too long...'

"Finally!" she exclaimed. The last few steps were in sight. It had taken her forever, with a few breaks in between but she'd finally made it to the top. Giving a large sigh of relief, she looks herself over before fixing her hair, and dabbing at a few loose beads of sweat. With a final fluff of her hair, she moves forward and knocks on the door.

The doors swing open easily. Inside is a sight to behold. The Library towers above this entryway, spanning what must be 5 or more storeys. The tower is a hollow tube, each level having a wagon wheel of walkways that connect to s central hub on each floor. A massive staircase winds its way along the outer wall stretching up farther than can be seen.

The noise is peculiar to say the least, each Initiate, Seeker, Teacher and others move along at a quiet hustle, a beehive of activity. Everyone is trying to remain as quiet as possible, but none are achieving this goal well, and some Scholars that are trying to concentrate on their readings shush others or glare at them annoyingly. A few floors up you here the thud and echo of an apparently very heavy tome upon a desk followed by a chorus of "ssshhhhhh'es"

In the midst of the organized chaos is the most peculiar goblin! He wears fine robes, the color of the Arcane Sanctum and has its crest emblazoned upon it. His hair is pulled up into a topknot and his hands are ink stained with many apparent paper cuts on them. He seems to actually be in charge of this as many of the scholars stop before him, show him books, scrolls or tomes before he points to certain piles on desks and sends them along their way up the many stairs.

Noticing you standing there he looks up over his glasses "Yes? Wat can I do fer you? Wat iz it you need? Please be quick about it, I 'ave much to do for de Arch Maj."

"Hello. My name is Illandra. Are you Ixit? I asked the Arch Mage if I could help with the research of the two crystals that were found, and he directed me here." she said quietly, smiling at the goblin.

"Yas, I am 'e. You are 'ear to 'elp? Fantaztik!" the little goblin seems to be quite happy for the extra pair of hands. "Tell me young one. Wat iz your speciality? Dat way I can put you to good use."

Illandra rattles off her recent achievements of becoming a journeymen scroll maker and a librarian in hopes that either will be of any use.

Ixit's eyes widen and his ears perk up a bit with the word "librarian". "Oh! Dat is grate! I 'ave need of someone to 'elp organize the top 3 stories. Can you make your way up t'ere and try to put de books dat de Initiates leave all over da place? We are shelving them by subject den by alphabet. Dis is vary important to make sure we can find da books we need quickly." Ixit whirls back to his desk and admonishes a Lore Seeker for crashing into a pile of scrolls ans scattering them across the 4 winds.

Illandra gives a quick nod and scurries towards the staircase, eager to begin her task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back