What's up in-game?

Polare

Count
Good afternoon,

I'm planning on making it to the event (hooray!). At the moment, however, my *character* certainly isn't. Unless I've missed something, I've seen no in-game postings (either here or in the Fortannis forum) explaining anything about there even being a National Event - yet characters are obviously wanting to post things in-game (to coordinate visits, trading, etc.). Has there in fact been some in-game comments announcing the event, or are characters just jumping the gun and trying to coordinate in-game for an event that ... doesn't yet exist in-game? If there have not yet been any announcements, can we get one put up ASAP so characters can start jawing about it appropriately (including my own!)?

Thanks,
Bryan Gregory

The current situation is that things are slowly going into motion but nothing major has been announced as of yet "officially". This is because in a time-line sense some things that would prompt a "call through the mists" haven't fully occurred... Chapters are running plot lines which are leading into the National and Ohio has their last pre-National event on August 13th-- after that Event it is my expectation things will start moving fast and furious on the IG forums. :)

For now however, there are rumors but little else coming in from all over. My expectation is astute scholars and researchers may be noticing some disturbing signs but nothing concrete?

I'm all for letting things get done when they need to get done, and however long it takes so be it, but since you've put out a "first come first serve" notice on the cabin groupings, kinda hard to not metagame the hell out of grouping up early inter-chapter groups without having some IG impetus to do so, ya know?

You can make the OOG plans before your "characters" find the motivation to make the IG ones...

Dreamingfurther said:
You can make the OOG plans before your "characters" find the motivation to make the IG ones...

This lol.
As I said chapters are already running plotlines which are leading to this and hints/rumors have gone out. On an OOG level people should have an idea if they are attending and if so who they are going to want to play and stay with etc lol. If their characters need IG motivation to go beyond "ooh look adventure- maybe there's treasure" then that will come... I promise. :)

Hopefully my players arn't too vigilant, but we'll be dropping the IG ultimate hooks in Southern MN this weekend, and I know Chicago recently drop their hooks. (my personal toon has started sending out private missives to prepare and will get more public soon as he was at the Chicago game)

I'm sure things will ramp up fairly quickly as word spread through the lands and more chapters encounter the fragmented plotlines (Props to Paul for putting it together by the by)

Aye.... I would like to iterate the props to Paul, because I do have an IN-GAME reason to go and know some exciting things already.

Traverse has not neglected this either, so two of the chapters I play have given in-game motivation to go. Get your chapter more involved!!!

Most characters would probably just want to be there to see Bob the Blacksmith.

Daver

So, last event before the National is over... any chance we can get a little plot love? :mrgreen:

Either way, we're two and a half weeks out. Getting a bit late for anything to matter, really, but it would be nice to have more of a reason to show up IG than 'It's the national event!', no?

For In-Game information look at the Ohio In-Game forum. Things are starting to roll and since the National event is taking place in thier lands, we are using the Ohio's In-Game forum for giving people's characters reasons to go there.

Matt - National Plot Team

That and we are also using the Fortannis In-Game forum for alliance wide plot broadcasts. :D
Check it out!

Matt - National Plot Team

Back