Welcome to Alliance Video Series

evi1r0n

Baron
Greetings,
I want to do a welcome to Alliance video series. It would be a few short videos: Getting started (basic rules), melee combat, and packet combat. I would need a camera man who could bring their own video camera and actors with high quality weapons and costuming.

Writer, director, editor, voice over: Ron L.
Grip: Phil B.

Videos and the roles available:

BASICS (GETTING STARTED)
Interview Subject 1
Interview Subject 2
Interview Subject 3

BASICS OF MELEE COMBAT
Combatant 1
Combatant 2

BASICS OF PACKET COMBAT
Combatant 1 Barb M.
Combatant 2

Let me know what role you would like and respond on this thread. These videos will be put up on youtube and the Alliance Seattle website, so if you are bashful about LARPing, this may not be the project for you. Once the project is complete, gobbies and/or other potential awards will be given.

This is an excellent idea, it was tough to find information as a starting character.

I would be interested in being a combatant for the video but I am getting married in seven short weeks and my time will be limited until after November. I don't know what your schedule is like. Additionally, I live in Beaverton and I do not know where you are planning on shooting these videos.

I totally want to volunteer to help with this. Are there still spots open?

Gabe

I'll help in any way you guys need.

I might not be the best interview, but I have done lots of camera work.

Erik
tpo: Rothgar

I'll help homie. Whacha still looking for?

Alrighty, I have enough interest to get the ball rolling. I will get a location and set a date. I am still looking for a camera. Nothing super fancy, just something digital and reasonable quality.

Once I get the date set and commitments from people, I will set a cast list.

I'm totally in if I'm needed :)

So this project has not been abandoned, we just don't have the equipment to do it right... We will at minimum need a really good camera.

evi1r0n said:
So this project has not been abandoned, we just don't have the equipment to do it right... We will at minimum need a really good camera.

I think that's a hint. No?

Ever look into your local cable company about public access TV?

They supply the equipment and stage. Granted, it will not be in the woods (or maybe they have mobile equipment now).

Don't we have any college kids with access to equipment? I mean, at some point when final papers are finished, I'll go look into it at UW. But if there're other kids who are actually in media programs, they could also help us out.

My sister (not Lizzy, the non-LARPer) has a near professional-grade camera, but she lives in Cali. I'll see if she'd be willing to bring it up when she's around next.

That'd be awesome. I have directed before but I am not director of photography. We would need someone to run it.

Well, she's an amateur filmmaker, so she might be down for it. She's not a LARPer, tho, so she might not be so big on that. I'll chat with her and see what she thinks.

Not that it would matter but I can pay her goblin stamps. In fact, anyone who ends up helping will be compensated with goblin stamps. If the videos get accepted by nationals, more could be in order but that's a big if.

I know it can be a little expensive, but there are camera rental shops we could look into to get ourselves equipped.

I can also ask my girlfriend if she'd be willing to do some photography as well, I don't think cinematography is her specialty though. It could be neat to have someone around to take "making of" pictures (if only so we can share them amongst ourselves as a nice memory).

I'd be willing to help with this if you need me. I am an aspiring film maker and trying to get a short film of my own off the ground. My problem has been funding at the moment to get a really good camera. All I have is a handheld at the moment.

But if you need help and I can offer it, no problem. I can do anything from filming to interviews. I also know a really awesome sound guy (pro-level) who I can connect you to. He lives in Salem though so that might be a problem.

Back