To Players and Staff

Celebolwa

Scholar
Hello Everyone,

Ray (Tabin) Here. I am writing this after weeks of trying to find the words, so here goes:

I have to take at least this season off. ( I may, MAY be able to attend the closer, but at this point it seems unlikely) This makes me deeply sad and frustrated. I have moved to New Orleans for career opportunities- YAY TATTOOING! The distance is such that flight is really the only way to and from the events; unfortunately, my cardiologist has forbid me from flying. So I regrettably, have to go on hiatus.

For 13+ years I have been able to interact with an amazing setting built by my friends. I have (imaginarily) struggled with the other players. Battles, storylines,enemies, defeats and failures too numerous to count. I have run around in every type of weather, sun, rain, hurricane force winds, hail, snow, sleet chest high snow drifts, muddy fields. I have seen my fair share of scrapes, pulled muscles, twisted ankles, poked eyes/groin/throat, bruises, etc. Tabin, has seen far worse.

Here are just some of the most memorable enemies, I have gotten to battle against(and converse with as well):
Grimfang (and his many deaths),The Sandman,The original Doom Brigade,Nevekolos,Red Death,The Cerebral Devourers,Skylar,The Blood Dragons,The Kenoridl,Dumorinin,Mithrako,Detenshi,Avalik,Morgryym,War,The Quiet ones,The pure lords,Good Father,Bjorn,The liche Queen,The Fouled Unicorn,Fever Grey,and lets not forget Lord Emperor Zahnikar of Teshvar and his faithful (Perhaps not so faithful guardian and servant) Orshaln, death knight and now redeemed knight of Life , as well as so many others.

The creators of said villains ( and those left out) are to be commended as being some of the most creative and fun spirited people I have ever benefited from interacting with.

A list of heroes (NPC) that I have been able to intreract with over the years has been extensive as well:
Bjorn (when he was a good guy) Lord Admirial Galloway, Lady Ember Brunswick, Paladin Norhelm, Baron Stormblade, The Jester (sorry Shane, my memory is failing today) Lord Justicar Crowe, Starstone,Princess Arianne of Eire, Lord Paladin Octiv Malblik,Dame Julia Tavistock, Daisy, Nivek, King Moreth,Sir Landon and of course Tari Fianna, Aran Anteris

I have been able to play roles and hopefully scare/annoy/enrage/challenge you all as an NPC as well:
The Malachide, Meighbak, Trokah, Lord Orin, Count Vigilance, Thomas (the little boy, with a beard) countless kobolds/goblins/skeletons/undead horrors/planar beings/monsters with no names/things from beyond space and time.

I have also been: Tabin, Thod, 'dred g'ost, Praetarian

I have been: a plot member, new player contact, new player trainer, rules guy, builder and to many of you I hope you would call me friend.

I have laughed with everyone about the "Shoe Thief" and Glorius Red, Frypan: the King of Breakfast, teased Rhianna Nil;the mistress of the hounds. I have crept around the woods and paths for so many years, the thought of not being there makes me feel ill.

I hope to be able to return next season. I am going to implore Plot to allow me to be off stage, not retired.

I love everyone of you and can only hope you are as fond of me as I am you,

Ray "Rabies" Roberge
aka

Thod, Orkish-thug and (yes) Necromancy loving thug
'dred g'ost- naked elf, speaker of my own language
Praetarian- Sarr and friend to the ratkin known as Scourge
and last but certainly not least-

Tabin Silverbough- Arato,Squire (several times over), Celestial Guildmaster, Lord Ambassidor, Long term Hollower (past,present, future, far future) Member of the adventuring company/family The G.O.T.E.C. The Guardians of the Endless Cycle, Paladinic Squire, Head of the commoners house " House Silverbough; the Leaves of Imirie, and the Founder of the guardians known as Kyr Shadaer (the blades of Ghosts), sworn guardians of Imirie and the tree of Life of Laerathan.

ps. I miss you guys already.

pps. write to me. Visit me. yeah.

oh Ray...I miss you already...and now who's gonna fix my tattooo?????

you will just have to come down here :)

Ray,

You have always been an inspiring player to game with. Its been a excellent 5 years that I have had a chance to play with you. I look forward to your triumphant return. If Zenyu found a way to make a surprise appearance from all the way across the country, I know its only a matter of time before Tabin randomly pops up again. In the mean time have a great time in New Orleans!

- Jeremy

Ray,
it saddends me greatly that i might not see you this year.
but id rather have you well.
you always made the game great, no awesome.
you sir are awesome.
Ig and oog.
like everytime i go to the walmart i think about when me and you
went for breakfast lol.
please take care of yourself ray. i heart you very much.

Ray,

We may have only gotten to play together a handful of times, but they were always amazing.

Keep working hard. Get well. You'll find your way back.

In the meantime.... do what Jeremy said... ENJOY YOURSELF. You're in freakin' New Orleans! Party it up! (I'd say to catch a Saints game... but... well their season is gonna be awkward.)

Stephen

Hey Ray,

I know how you feel. I will be lucky to make 1-2 events this year. For you it is the distance and travel restrictions. For me it is work and travel obligations. We will just have to make due remotely.

We must plot when I am down in NOLA in May.

Oh and I thought I was going to make June & July but now it is just looking like July. My client tells me today he wants me to run a program over that weekend in Chicago. /whimper I would rather be in NH playing.

Ah... the sacrifices we make for pursuing career dreams. Cheer up Ray! It is just a year and there are amazing talented minds at work that will continue to entertain us as soon as we can return.

Jessica

Amtrak from New Orleans (NOL) to Boston (BOS), through New York, is only 36 hours of traveling and around $300.

Just Sayin' :ninja:

-Luke

Warlok said:
Amtrak from New Orleans (NOL) to Boston (BOS), through New York, is only 36 hours of traveling and around $300.

Just Sayin' :ninja:

-Luke

It's actually 36 hours of fighting international spies and sleeping with exotic women. I saw a documentary on it once.

Ray, you will be missed, but I know you'll feel the itch soon enough and tell that Dr. to shove it, and then we'll see you, and all will be well.

Gary

PS. Don't forget to wear a tux.

It's been a few years since I've seen you already, and yet I miss you even more now. I hope you are well and prosperous down in NOLA, and have a great time at it. Too bad the first season you won't be playing is one I'm determined to get my *** back up to the chapter that started my love for this crazy game.

Take care of yourself.

~Dee

I'll miss you, man. At least there's the face books to keep in touch, right? Please to be enjoying yourself and keeping well. I've got a lot of good memories of hanging out in-game, and while we might not have gotten much chance to chill out of game, it's still awesome to see you at events. I hope everything goes well for you, and hopefully we'll be seeing each other soon enough.
~Zack

while we're on a "we're-sad-ray-won't-be-here" moment...I wanted to post some of my favorite Ray moments...

Savin' your life with two grilled cheese sammiches...thomas...yeah!
Thomas...where'd you get that beard? Stole it, glued it to m'face.
first aiding Tabin and getting like 7 holds during the 60 seconds...laughing thinking it was the longest first aid ever.
Tabin's speech of acceptance to Squirehood getting interrupted.
Tabin and Geebus calming down two pissed of screaming gypsy women.
Tabin always being so diplomatic to his answers and listening.
all things Lord Orin my favorite noble besides Sir Wynn
out of game conversations with Ray on the way to the store one morning for breakfast - breaking centuries old traditions of christians and pagans not getting along (also deb, mark, brivar and sandy)
alchemical badgers in Thelucia...heheh

as for coming down there to LA...we want to as soon as possible...that might not be until next income tax refund time HAHAH but I still want my tattoo fixed!

oh jena, speaking of lord orin

remember me and you crouched outside looking in the window for the moment where
justicar crowe and orin had it out over laurens npc.
ha! that was so awesome

"Conversation...Chota..." (Ray outta get that)
<sigh>...well now I'm really really glad I managed to come up for last season right at the end, I would'v been crushed if we didn't get to hang out one last time...gonna be weird up there w/ no Ray...I am obviously still looking forward to the opener, but now a good bit less, you shall be missed...I am sad...

I don't do any of the friend-y websites, hell I'm barely competent at email, but email me and I'll do my best...
gothzilla138@comcast.net

later man, take care...

Like I have said ill be back next season. Though I do miss everyine. Workingbon tattos, artwork, a dugeons and dragons setting, a comic book, a comic strip as well as a new iteration of Worlds of Ether (my larp)

Even with all of this I am not bisy enough to not miss my friends

I love you all so much. And miss nerding with you all. Im trying to figire out a way to play from afar fromboffbstage...perhaps plot will allow me to steer Tabin from here until I can be there

...well I'm gonna hold you to it Ray...one season that's all you get!
Don't know 'bout anyone else, but I got all sad in the pants because I'm used to "taking some time away" becoming "nice knowing you, gone for good, or at least a really long time"...hell I had some stuff that I thought would take me away for a few months or so, I was gone for, what four years?..

see you in a year, maybe less, but no more <finger wagging>

Back