The Shattering

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
(OOG: On the night of June 1st, the entire sky above Terna turned a dark green, such as that of the dream realm. High above land, the last symbol, of the constellation Cancer flashed a blinding light. A large blue crystal descended from the sky. Across the entire continent, a large shattering sound was heard as the crystal shattered into dozens of pieces and falls towards various parts of the land. Within the once large crystal, an orb of green, blue and purple swirling light flashes an image of your deepest, darkest fear, then shoots West, in a near blinding green light)

Hey. Was I the only one that saw that blinding light thingy in the sky?! This image of a giant spider looked directly at me before I was blinded again. Can someone please explain what that was?!

- Samuel Turner

I will pay 1 gold for each crystal located as I wish to collect them for I will never be a pauper as they suggested.

Solomon Keys

I never thought I'd see that face again, but there it was... Targus. That thing and his monsters killed me thrice over back in the war. I don't think I'll be getting much sleep for a while.

Sergeant Adam Kendrick, retired

Targus? I saw my daughter being ripped apart by Gnolls. I had to run to see if she was okay, and luckily slept through the entire thing...

Jeremy Daniels

Such loss! Was this the image I would have seen upon bringing Kazzik to the world? To see my beloved Eternal Leaf Crown obliterated in front of me and my sisters. Is this truly what I would have seen that night not too long ago? If this was the price of seeking his help, then I am glad my sisters and I were stopped by the Adventurers! Oh Kazzik, you're no longer needed, for our love, my love is forever gone!

Agathaw Cromwell

Mebbe I shouldn't be talking with the lot of ya, but it's just a dream, right? It was like I was back there again, in the old Spine keep watching this glowing white... thing tear through everything we had, every circle and every ward. By the time I'd found anywhere to hide he was right in my face shouting that I was guilty, and the next thing I knew I was waking up in some stranger's circle. That musta been a year ago now, almost to the day.

Dirk Stoneforge

I saw HER again, the banshee, tearing through the farm, and heard her terrible scream... But this time our Ward didn't protect my family... I saw their spirits leave their bodies and felt my flesh rip from my bones. Whoever made this happen, I'll kill you with my bare hands before I let anything happen to my children, or die trying.

Priscilla Saret

An interesting experience to say the least. I saw myself bound in chains watching as my family was forced to do hard labor by the menials. An inversion of our order would certainly fit the pattern you all have seemed to establish. Perhaps I should meditate on this for a while.

Sarek Roganis

The Ravens came to kill the last of Sparrow. I fought them with last of my strength but could not save high shaman. Necromancy only magic worse than sky magic. But I was reborn to take back what they took and no nightmare stand between me and my vengeance. Great Phoenix guide me and give me strength.

Kypria

That was wonderful, I have not feed so well since time before time, time of dragons, You wonderful twinkling star of fear have my thanks and know I now seek you....come my sweet. Coming,

Father Boemanne, Mrs Siril

That sound, the deafening shattering noise... It was just like the night of the fire, every piece of glass exploding from the heat, and all those people trapped inside. I can still hear the screams!

--Willam Forsythe

Quite the unnatural phenomenon. Never have I seen the skies open up like that except for the Day of the Comet over a year ago. For a brief moment I saw...that does not matter.

I shall be offering a reward of 15g to any person who delivers one of these blue shards of considerable size to one of my towers within the Northlunds. I will provide transporation of said shard at my expense once you have contacted me or my 2 apprentices. I look forward to studying these shards that may further magical research within Terna.

- Iago Pax

Whatever this was, if all of you heard it up there in the north, this disaster is more widespread than we thought. When the crystals first fell I thought that there were dragons in or sky, raining ice and fire and destruction down on our precious forest, and my husband said he thought the barriers between planes had broken and we were being pulled through the Void into nothingness. I just hope there's some way to keep these nightmares from coming true...

Aarindarius, 697th Diplos of the Eternal Empire

It's Thonesh, he's returned to claim his revenge! I'm just glad I got off Ca La Dorn before it was too late!

Kronen

For me it is no dream, the nightmare is still happening. The GFW came through, our caravan destroyed... The salt, the blood... Across all Targosia... Why did no one come save us? Why does no one answer our calls for help?

--Katarina Dumari

My clan... the town... all burning in horrible flame... what looks to be an alpha staring straight at me with cold dead eyes as the flames dance over his body... I look down and I am the one holding the torch...

In my dreams the magistrates came to arrest me, to have me obliterated for casting that ritual. How did they find out?! I never told a soul! Please don't kill me, I'm so sorry! I was afraid he'd kill my family if I didn't help him, that's what his kind do, isn't it? And we needed the money after the winter or my children would go hungry. I'm so sorry... Please have mercy... My family needs me...

--Breton Morris

IT'S THE BLUE DESTROYER HE'S COMING TO KILL US ALL

Gordo

There is truly nothing to fear. The Shattering of the Eternal Prison was not a sign of despair, but the harbinger for complete unity across Terna. Conflict, War, Mistrust. All plagues upon the people of these lands, all races of this land. A world where your lost ones return to you, where your greatest desire came true, where there is no war, no hunger, no fear. I bring you a Utopia, for Humans, Romani, Orcs, Trolls, Kobolds, Sarr, all races of Fortanis.

Know, that Terna can be saved, you all can be saved, and I shall save you again.

- A hundred voices speaking in unison, all of which sound familiar to each individual listening, even voices of friends, family, loved ones long deceased.

Back