The heat is too damn high!

Ezri

Knight
Hey there HQ players!

It's summer, and as you know the temps up at site can get pretty intense. Given that, please note the following:

1. It's highly likely we will call No Armor for Saturday. We'll announce at breakfast once we've checked the most recent forecast. So if you're typically "But... my armor IS my costume!" Talk to folks and see what you may be able to borrow or put together so you can be in period and not roast inside your armor.
  2. The hottest part of the day will largely be "choose your own adventure." Yes, I know the entire game is supposed to be that way, but this is taking it to a slightly different place - there will be opportunities for you to choose to go on mods - or not.
  3. There will be opportunities for water encounters, and encounters down in the woods where it is typically significantly cooler. If you'd be into these types of encounters but don't want to ruin your expensive garb, be sure to bring things you don't mind getting wet.

Overall, gentle reminder to keep an eye on your temperature level and that of those around you. Heat exhaustion is more dangerous than people think, and it can creep up on you. Make sure you're hydrating and resting as needed. The new hospital in town is way nicer than the old one, but you don't REALLY want a tour... do you?

That said, please remember to stock up on beverages for yourself, and please consider donating water or Gatorade to NPC camp.

Thanks in advance,
Michelle
HQ HoP

Back