Spell Parry vs. CoP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Count
Spell Parry can be used to intercept a spell on a Target within range of the weapon.

If I'm playing Evil McDarkKnight, and I get within weapon range of a caster who makes a Circle, can I use Spell Parry to intercept the CoP, and thus negate the spell?

I find nothing saying I can't, so ultimately, I suppose it depends on whether "Target" is meant to be a character Target or not.

I would rule that using a Spell Parry in this manner is legit.

P.S. I have seen Spell Parry used on Destroy Magic that was targeting a Circle of Power and the ruling at the time was it was legit. I feel the same rationale can be applied to using Spell Parry on the initial construction of the Circle of Power.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. That's a very good question that has some pretty far reaching implications. Can you Spell Parry to intercept healing/protectives hitting an enemy? Spells that are touch cast?

Upvote 0
Hmmm. That's a very good question that has some pretty far reaching implications. Can you Spell Parry to intercept healing/protectives hitting an enemy? Spells that are touch cast?

Yeah, sure. The ritual text states that it can be done on a spell hitting a target within weapon range. Touch-casting only conveys the benefit to bypass spell defenses, nothing more. So if an enemy touch cast a magic armor within weapon range, I can't see why you couldn't Spell Parry that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back