Short tavern wishlist

Laiyesta

Greetings from your Tavern Keeper, soon once again to be Friendly and Local.

I have a Goblin Stamp Opportunity for you all. The moving boxes that we have been using to transport the majority of the food have reached the end of their useful life, and we would like to replace them with something sturdier, easier to carry, and less hungry for all the storage space I can find while not in use.

We are seeking donations of a particular kind of storage/transport bin, of a type you have likely encountered before, the ones with an overlapping set of lids with interlocking teeth, so that they can stack without relying on the contents to support the weight of the upper boxes, and the lids flip out so that they can nest when they are empty. The reason they need to be a particular kind is because while there are many similar lines, not all are of equal quality, and every manufacturer changes the form factor a bit, meaning that similar models frequently cannot stack securely or nest, which would remove a good bit of the benefit.

However, it is not important that they all be acquired the same way, so long as they come from the same line. We are looking for three different sizes, so as to accommodate the range of densities encountered in ingredients- it is safe to fill a much bigger box with powdered sugar than with granulated, as a simple example. So, same footprint for stacking, but different heights. Anything much bigger than a box you would use to carry books or alcohol is less useful, as it requires someone with considerable strength to carry it safely.

We need the following numbers and types to accommodate our current player numbers. There will probably be occasional opportunities to do this again on a much smaller scale, as we will likely only need 1-3 boxes each time we cross a participation threshold.

Here is a pic of the type I need. The maker is Akro-Mils.
Tavern box.jpg

Three 21.5w x 15l x 17h (Biggest),

Eight 21.5w x 15l x 12.5h (Smaller),

Three 21.5w x 15l x 9h (Smallest)

I found all of the sizes by searching google and also on Amazon.

I will update this post on both the Forums and Facebook as people report having actually purchased boxes, so that we don't have several generous people interfering with one another. Which means, feel free to comment and let everyone know when you buy, and I suggest checking both places if you are making a large purchase. That said, if we end up with a handful extra, they will just delay when this comes up again.

Jack, do you have a wishlist on Amazon that you can link so we could have these shipped directly to you for greatest convenience?

Thanks,
Trace

In addition to having many generous individual players, may I suggest to the teams out there that going in on one of these as a group is a good way to help out.

I have an Amazon Prime account if anyone wants to order and doesn't have one. I'm happy to work out a PayPal deal if you'd like me to order on your behalf so you get free shipping.

Trace

Any specific reason for the different sizes? I would think all one size would be easier. Also if you don't have any of those yet, Costco sometimes carries similar in bulk. Roomate was buying them for something like $5 each when he went to move.

CostCo's are nice in that they're transparent, so easy to see through the sides. The ones CostCo carries regularly have separate lids. The interlocking connected lids that Jack wants are seasonal items at CostCo, and they come and go in availability.

Brian, why do you need this specific assortment? Because it will quickly wear on the goodwill (and joints) of our strongest helpers if we regularly load boxes that weigh more than some of our players. We'd much rather save that goodwill and joint health for more entertaining things, like combat and running around in the forest until the wee hours of the morning, so we need some smaller boxes for the heavier foods.

As far as why I don't want transparent ones. It takes me about sometimes up to two hours to get to the site and I have many ingredients that would not do well in a little greenhouse that that transparent ones could make. I would like to get ones that are totally opaque to keep things cook and hidden from the Sun.

Back