Seeking New SoMN Staff Members!

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hey folks,

It's really no secret that our chapter has been a bit short-staffed this year. Besides our awesome tavern staff, it’s been just Dave and I, both at events and between them, but we know that we've got a number of other great players in our chapter and we'd love to have some new folks join us. That said, we are looking to expand our SoMN Staff over the next months! New staff members will be working directly with me over the off-season months as we ramp up for the new season, and I'm excited to get the next year started with some new people on board!

Listed below are a couple of different positions that we are looking to bring people into. If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please contact us at plot@mnalliance.com and we can discuss it.

Please note: Taking on a staff position is a significant commitment of your time and effort, so if you don’t think you’ll be able to keep up the work required, I would suggest that you not apply for the position. A problem we have had in past has been that people have been excited to help only to drop out of helping after only a short time upon discovering that being on staff is more work than they wanted to do. Performing a staff role is a lot of tedious work and can be frustrating at times, so if you apply for a position, we are expecting that you genuinely want to be one of the people that is willing to put up with the work in order to make the game better for everyone. Also note that while it can be tedious, being on staff can also be a lot of fun!

This game runs on people working hard behind the scenes to make it all come together, and I think there are a lot of you that would be great for helping our game be awesome!

Thanks,
~ Alexander

-

Positions:

Logistics
Description: Logistics staff members are those that are responsible for updating the character database between events, replying to logistics email queries, preparing character cards for events, and running logistics check-in at events.
Compensation: At least 150 GS and 1 MI Pick per event

Plot Member
Description: Plot team members are those that are responsible for working with the rest of the plot team in order to write and run modules/encounters at events, as well as write IBGA responses and other such plot pieces. Those interested in applying for a Plot position must have a decent amount of event experience and rules expertise.
Compensation: At least 200 GS and 1 MI Pick per event (plus usual NPC GS/Picks, etc.)

Last edited:
I was the webmaster for the high school's Key Club, so I do have experience maintaining a website like that. Never designed one from scratch but when it is started up, I'd be happy to help.

-Kat

I nominate Vuaghn Weirens for plot committee.

Can we also get some more Rules Marshals?

I got a 2 years of Web-Page Design in me. I would be happy to help out in that if there is a position open still???

Man if only there was a posted e-mail address to send your offer too.....

As to Rules Marshall's it's not really a staff position, and we are always willing to have people take the test.

I'd like to give a bump and a nod for those interested in joining plot. As someone who has done plot at another chapter for 3+ years, it is an amazing experience. NPCing itself is really fun, but when you're able to see your ideas and plotlines come to life, and then get picked up by PCs is something special. You never think about it right away, but when you see a plotline you've worked 3 years on finally finish, it makes it all worthwhile.

Plus, where else can you take a fishbowl mod and NPC and turn it into a major 3 year town plotline? In complete seriousness, if you are interested in creating something unique, or want to expand to the already rich Sheltered Lands, then reach out to DG and Alexander and apply for Plot.

I'm Ryan Benike, and I approve this message.

Back