Scariest Moments!

KeelyBrenna

So, I figured we could get some discussion started on this board.

First topic: Scariest Moments!

I've had plenty of scary moments, off the top of my head, here's what I can think of at the moment.

Planned to be Scary: Purifying the Tree of Shades Mod. A group of six of us (Tabin, Lazok, Rook, Myself, Tristan and Trine'a (I believe that's everyone) are sent in to purify the tree of shades. We're basicially told that we're more than likely going to die, and that a vampire faces us at the end. Yeah... it was scary!

Oh god no! Scary: Fever Grey's proposal. When your worst enemy is holding the sword Void and then tells you you're either going to marry him or he's going to take two steps out the door and start killing people, what the heck are you supposed to do? Crazy alternate type realities!

We're all going to Die Scary: Skylar and Orshaln team up. Once again, we're in an alternate type reality and have been subtly convinced that Orshaln and Skylar are about to beat the crap out of each other. Two of our worst enemies taking each other on? Win! Um.. no... with the uttered phrase "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" we all look around stunned then RUN for it. I really thought we were going to die.

What the Hell is going on Scary: Shadowmanes first night. We've discussed this before... I was sleeping nice and peaceful and the healers guild, and I wake up to hear screaming. Lots of screaming. I look outside and everyone is running for their lives and fleeing into the woods. Trying to make some sense of what is going on I stumble sleepily toward the tavern, only to find Fever Grey attacking with Shane as some monsterous evil unicorn. I ended up huddled behind the back unused bar with Alopex and Keres, all trying to be silent and scared for our lives as Shane stomped around snorting and laughing evilly.

I'm a wimp scary: Being stuck in the Gotec cabin with no ward and something creepy outside. Second event ever, went out to the Gotec cabin with my friend Sara. We're measly level twos, and there's no ward, and it's dark. Yes, we were new and stupid. The Gotec cabin feels miles away from everything else, and we hear something shambling toward the cabin. We blew out the candle and huddled together under the bed till someone finally came to find out what was taking so long. Ha, things are never as scary as when you're new and low level!

Your turn! Post some scary moments from games of the past :)

uhh...I've never PCd before so I'm the one usually scaring people as an NPC but uhhh...i was playing a shadow and got to walk into a tavern with a few newbies just chitchattin' and I'm pretty sure I scared the bajeebus out of them since they were throwing "bind" at me and uhh...I was a shadow so I just keep going. That was scary...FOR THEM!!!! :twisted:

oooooooh, how to choose the scariest....
Four immediately come to mind:

Skylar's eyes of FEAR! (realizing that I just left all the townsfolk drunk in the tavern and wandered out into the dark woods just to get rid of some silly dump water, and I was too scared to make a noise. If any bad thing had any bad plans, I was SO dead.)

Being vampire charmed in the tavern at Syraandor and serving my own blood. Ugh. That still gives me chills. Thrace will never be calm around vampires again.

At Caldaria, the plague-dead school. Schoolteacher, Children---All totally, messily, permanently dead. It was SO cold.

When the Aran (King of the Elves, sorry if I spelled it wrong) was killed in my Tavern. By Poison. In a drink I served him. I was shaking so hard, I couldn't empty my pockets without dropping things. And then they found that I was holding the tin of poisons... "But someone gave it to me to hold. Really. I don't know what it is!"

First one to pop into my mind....

My first event ever....Disclaimer: Amie and Gary had been telling me about NERO for 2 months at this point, so for my first event I was pretty much convinced that I would be hanging with a good crew IG and that they were beafy enough to protect my sorry butt...so....

I literaly walk into Game with Lillian, (Amie) and proceed to walk right up to Skylar. (Having no idea who or what he was) Then Skylar, (Gary) turns around and I see his face. Lillian grabs me by the scruff of my neck and drags me off the field...muttering quietly..."We STAY AWAY from Liches".....LOL. Looking back, it was great....scary as hell, but great.

Second one to come to mind....

Caldaria....Champion mod to destroy Shade's Daughter?. Yup...it was pretty much the very physical incarnation of "things that go bump in the night". Way too many details to describe, but there was darkness, strobe lights, fog machines, black lights, slime, blood, zombies, body parts, creepy heartbeat music, howling, screaming, scratching and oh yeah, poisons and damage dropping from the ceiling....yup. I peed a little.

~Jaimi

Dar Beltaine said:
I peed a little.

That's not true. Champions don't pee.

Oh, allright!!! I held it in....but it was still very VERY scary!!!!

LOL

The Champions Mod was the terrifying.... a perfect storm of sight, sound and buildup. It was great... Oh and Jaimi don't forget the fake blood and the random drinking of other PC's blood.

mmmm....How could I forget.

You taste good! LOL

Hummm....how about that time we had an event in that big old house ,and Jeff came flying out of the cellar
screaming,half naked and covered in blood.

Hammerfist said:
The Champions Mod was the terrifying.... a perfect storm of sight, sound and buildup. It was great... Oh and Jaimi don't forget the fake blood and the random drinking of other PC's blood.

Even from an NPC aspect, that was probably the scariest thing I've ever seen/done. I did not envy you guys that night, rofl.

Sir Wynn said:
Hummm....how about that time we had an event in that big old house ,and Jeff came flying out of the cellar
screaming,half naked and covered in blood.

That was my first time NPCing, and Carly and I mixed up that blood...Jeff said it tasted awful!

My scariest was when Amie/Lillian and I/Trine'a were alone in the Gotec cabin, and we see a shadowy face out the window in the dark, and then the electricity blows and we're alone in the dark with something outside..!!

~Dee

I am suddenly not so sure i'm going to enjoy PCing with you NH peoples. As an NPC nothing is scary....I've only ever been an NPC...I can honestly say the scariest thing that's ever happened to me at Nero was the squirrel that was in the kitchen at Caldaria that was stuck to the screen door and screaming at me in squirrelese that he was scared of me and if i took one step closer he would fly off the door and assault my face and gouge out my eyes....but then....i have no night vision so if something ever did happen scary in game i probably didn't see it...but with all these posts about shadowy faces out the windows and half nekkie bloody people running up out of a cellar...i'm starting to think I'm going to need to bring some Depends!

Shane said:
Tzydl Zhitelava said:
...i'm starting to think I'm going to need to bring some Depends!

Could you maybe be more gross?

LOL....i would have to agree with her. There have been a few times at Caldaria recently that I seriously thought i would loose my bladder.

LOL

~Jaimi

Dar Beltaine said:
LOL....i would have to agree with her. There have been a few times at Caldaria recently that I seriously thought i would loose my bladder.
~Jaimi

I hear you. Nothing is more terrifying than suiting up and heading to a portal to fight a huge, long-term villain, only to arrive at the portal and have an NPC tell you "It's over. He's dead."

Brrrr. Bone-chilling.

could I possibly be more gross?

you don't know me very well do you :twisted:

I thought I'd use Stace's format...

We're all going to Die Scary: It's hard to pick one scariest (cuz let's face it, in Syraandor ,"we're all going to die," was a common thought), but this one's up there - waking up in the Syraandor healer's guild to screams outside. I look out the window and there's this thing with this horn just taking out everyone! Later, I'd learn that this was Shadowmane. In my half-asleep state, nothing was fully registering, and I think that elevated my fear. It seemed no one was safe, especially me alone in the guild (even with the greater earth circle). I couldn't do much, stuck there in the circle, but I did what I could. I hid under a pile of blankets.

Oh god no! Scary: Sudupta led what she thought was a Rom named Naziel into Chiram's Hollow. Naziel said he had a great deal of information to share regarding Skylar. Tova and Sudupta sat with him in the tavern, and he went on for about an hour, talking about the days before Skylar became a lich. Afterwards, we asked Naziel where we could find Skylar. The answer, "He's not as far off as you'd think. Very close." Then, a smile. That's about when I realized that Sudupta was either sharing a bottle of wine with Skylar's minion, or with the lich himself. "Oh, god no!"

Naziel very politely bid us farewell, left the tavern, and transformed. I'm not sure how many people Skylar killed that night.

What the Hell is going on Scary: This happened during "Dead Time". We appear in a future Chiram's Hollow, and it seems that the world's gone to hell in a handbasket. When they first set eyes on me, future-Nicodemus and future-Tabin called Sudupta a traitor. They looked ready to slaughter me right there. Tabin even said, "If I ever see you again, I will kill you." Tabin! And they weren't the only angry ones. It shocked Sudupta - what horrible atrocity did she commit?.. and it had that special brand of "what the hell is going on" that actually scared me.
The roleplay, the plot that night was absolutely incredible. I just hope that I can someday facilitate an encounter that intense.

I'm a wimp scary: I've often stood out in the middle of the Chiram's Hollow field, alone but in plain view, and thought about what might lurk in the shadows. Sometimes, I end up running, heart-pounding, to the nearest PC or friendly (even if they're farther than my ward).

Sudupta said:
Oh god no! Scary: Sudupta led what she thought was a Rom named Naziel into Chiram's Hollow. Naziel said he had a great deal of information to share regarding Skylar. Tova and Sudupta sat with him in the tavern, and he went on for about an hour, talking about the days before Skylar became a lich. Afterwards, we asked Naziel where we could find Skylar. The answer, "He's not as far off as you'd think. Very close." Then, a smile. That's about when I realized that Sudupta was either sharing a bottle of wine with Skylar's minion, or with the lich himself. "Oh, god no!"

What the Hell is going on Scary: This happened during "Dead Time". We appear in a future Chiram's Hollow, and it seems that the world's gone to hell in a handbasket. When they first set eyes on me, future-Nicodemus and future-Tabin called Sudupta a traitor. They looked ready to slaughter me right there. Tabin even said, "If I ever see you again, I will kill you." Tabin! And they weren't the only angry ones. It shocked Sudupta - what horrible atrocity did she commit?.. and it had that special brand of "what the hell is going on" that actually scared me.
The roleplay, the plot that night was absolutely incredible. I just hope that I can someday facilitate an encounter that intense.

LOL...that was PRICELESS. I remember hearing about the Skylar/Naziel thing and it even scared me. And "Dead Time"......does it get any better? Man I love the way that guys brain works. Gary was and IS insane. Just you all wait and see what is brewing now....dun dun daaaaaah!

Back