Questions From New Players

A

Anonymous

A few friends and i are planing to join this nero group but we are not sure when the next game is or what else we need to do to join. Could i please get some feedback on this, and/or someone to get ahold of.

Also could we find out any rules about making our own boffers, we have been making them for a while and can make them safe, but we are just not sure on the rule on this subject either.

Are there any rules on bending or flatening the PVC ? And thanks for the info. :)

Flattening would be a nono.

Bending is possible. You hold the PVC over a heating element... a sterno can or your if it gets hot enough. Let it heat up and bend. But you have to make sure you pull AS you're bending, or you'll flatten the PVC.

Whereas I'm all for making nifty weapons (as I do it all the time) I don't nessicarily suggest trying to make variant weapons before your first game. You will probably want to be sure that you have down all the technical details of building a NERO safe weapon before you actually do anything to alter it. It really doesn't matter how safe a weapon is, it has to be approved by the Weapons Marshal at the game, who will hold it against the strict guidlines in the NERO rulebook. Some alterations, while most people will feel are perfectly safe, will fail because they do not follow what's been put in the book as a safety standard. Since NERO is a nationwide organization, the rules are not up to interpretation or variation.

So, in a nutshell, see weapons first hand before crafting anything special, and if you craft something unique, assume that it will fail the safety check and have something standard to fall back on.

~Matt, OR variety

OR...be a magic user...its cheaper and less cumbersome! <g>

Robert

Robert DiGiondier said:
OR...be a magic user...its cheaper and less cumbersome! <g>

Robert

Bah! Who wants to be a first level mage?! Throw a couple spells in your first fight cause yer excited and yer all but helpless until logistics the next day. At that time, you'll be thankful some of us take the time to build weapons and lug em around cause we stand between you and death. :laugh:

Well, Alright, maybe not always but I agree with Matt. Do something standard first and then investigate the other unique weapons you see there. There are ways to bend the pvc pipe but its a bit tricky and may be totally unneccesary for what you want to accomplish.

I've still got the first weapon I made 5 years ago - true its morphed from a sword to a hell of a mace but its still solid and reliable.

Keith aka Krillmalir Nightsky

Krillmalir said:
Bah! Who wants to be a first level mage?! Throw a couple spells in your first fight cause yer excited and yer all but helpless until logistics the next day.

Useless, unless you have a handy dandy fox scavenger with no legs to lug around with you to fight undead with! Boy, those were the days.

Jeff
been there on both sides of the issue

Back