Protection Aura Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Chill

Fighter
Situation 1:
Say I have a ritually created PA4 which was flawed providing me with 1/2 damage from Ice and 2x damage from flame. I encounter a guy swinging 4 Flame.

Question 1:
Do I take 8 flame damage as I take double from flame? Or do I call no effect as the 4 Flame doesn't exceed the PA4?

Situation 2:
Say I have a ritually created PA4 which was flawed providing me with 1/2 damage from Ice and 2x damage from flame. I encounter a guy swinging 8 Ice.

Question 2:
Do I take 4 ice damage as his 8 was larger than my PA? Or do I say no effect to his weapon blows as I am taking half damage (4 Ice) and due to my PA4 any weapon damage 4 and under doesn't affect me?

Thanks!!! :)

The protection aura interacts with the number in the verbal, not the personal result of that number's application. In the first example you would take no damage. In the second example you would take 4.

Upvote 0
I think there was either an ARC ruling on this or previously asked. I believe the ruling was Order of Operations like Dan said, it applies to the weapon damage call first. If you take damage, then it gets doubled/halved appropriately.

Upvote 0
What they said.

Step 1) Is the base number greater than your PA value? If Yes, proceed to step 2. If no, take nothing.

Step 2) Apply flaws accordingly, take the final value.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back