Potions!

Well, yeah, dat's a good price. 1 gold ain't even dat bad. It just seems off to say dat's "at cost".

GRONK

Last edited:
Socora, and all adventurers-

If you wish make more assumption about how me make trade, me ask you talk with me first before attempt public dishonor of me. Many adventurers assume too much about world of trades, and it be much more complex, and much more expensive, than most adventurer ever know or even take time for learn. Me teach skill of merchant for any who ask, but no one ever ask. Be more easy get angry and accuse of bad trade than be patient for learn and understand. Always same attitude with adventurers. How long it take you for learn this lesson?

For you direct feelings, me do sell at cost- cost for me acquire goods. Because me no make goods meself, there be higher cost for me for get so many of each item for so many adventurers. You notice how by Saturday night everyone have enough weapons and potions? That no be accident. Me purchase three batch of potions, at cost of 1.2 Gold for each Cure Mortal Wounds. Me give you DISCOUNT and me TAKE LOSS by sell for ONLY one gold. Be happy with that. Items that me sell at more than that, for rare item like strengthen or silver weapon, or rare elixirs, me always tell price be more than cost because so rare and we negotiate good trade from there. Ask Kaito or Bethanne, they and others buy many of these rare goods from me and give me extra gold that me then use for purchase more common goods for sell at cost- OR BELOW COST.

Me can go on, but you get me point.

Again, meet with me next gather if you want discuss more. Me already say more than most merchants want me say, especially Traders Guild, who me trying work WITH, not AGAINST, and now me job be even more difficult for try work out good trade.

With full honor,

-Cho Ko Nu
Master of Weapons
Defender of Earth Guild
Honorable Trader

Last edited:
I feel this is a matter I need to weigh in on, as there is discussion on trading and within the town of Hope’s Reach. A few things to consider here.

1) The definition of “at cost”. I’ve been around Thorador and Davion to know that the more people make, the harder it is to reacquire the basic goods to make more. When I’ve seen Thorador work many batches at a time he’s caught off guard and has to go through other means to get the basic resources to push out more production at his forge.

2) Tavern Ownership. Unless I’m 100% mistaken, the Hope’s Reach Tavern, named, The Wolves Den is owned by Davion and Cho Ko Nu. This tavern was acquired from McGreggor and his female partner for gold more than 2 years ago. If Davion has sold this Tavern officially to Socora, then she may request a proceed of the goods.

3) Should Socoro own the Tavern, then sale of items/goods within at 10% should apply to all patrons, including Aranea and any/all tradesmen.

4) While she may own/not own the Tavern, if she does, it still falls upon Gaden land, which is owned by the nobility and thus, taxes are required to go to the crown at its usual rate. Have these taxes been paid in the past to the crown based on proceeds gained in the Tavern in food and lodging? If not, this would be a Commerce Violation in this case. Which carries a maximum penalty of double taxes withheld.

I’d also like to state that any dispute should be handled fairly, and brought to my attention. This means that public slander should be avoided until both sides of the story can be heard. Once heard, and if one or both parties still have an issue, I have the authority to make the decision at that time. If there is still an issue, you’re welcome to take it up with the magistrate.

Please remember that disputes can be cleared up by your local authorities, without making them public to the dreaming.

Thank you,
Sheriff Asher Oakheart of Hope’s Reach

Dear Sheriff,

I would like to thank you for you calm input.

There are lines here that should be reviewed and clarified for all.

Yours, Socora

Last edited:
Back