oog Rituals at the National Event

BtB

Spellsword
Hello Friends,

I thought I read some where that rituals from Vandlar (Ohio) would work at the national event. So first I guess I am asking for confirmation on that.

My next part is a suggestion that I think would be completely AWESOME. Since it is a NATIONAL event, maybe it would be cool to allow ritual scrolls from ANYWHERE to work. Could you imagine what a real sense of an economy that would make? I realize this would be a large endeavor, but as a player I think it would be very cool. It would also allow people to pool resources and trade for needed things. And the last thing to consider is, if rituals from vandlar are going to be good, then players from that chapter get a little bit of a leg up on the rest of us.

Just some thoughts, would really enjoying hearing what others think.
Many blessings,
Daver

My two cents, though I have absolutely no say on the official subject ruling:

The national game is actually being held in their lands though, so IG it makes sense if those rituals worked.

If you let all chapters' scrolls in, there might be too easy for players (particularly the west coast where we have chapters so close to each other) to make magic items where they played chapter A only once and got a ritual scroll, but have the extender in chapter B (as well as 10 other rituals). Anyone who plays in multiple chapters would most surely PC for this benefit.

It removes the need to need Boost Duration ritual, and that only lets you add an extender. I think there would be more problem then it is worth, but should ARC decide that this is possible, I hope they would keep all other national events the same.

Based on what I have heard:

Yes this National Event is taking place in the lands of Vandlar. This means that Vandlaran Scrolls and Catalysts WILL function at this National Event (and, for people who have been to our lands before- YES the Chamber of Viliis WILL be present as well-- :) )

Any policies regarding all-chapter scrolls would have to be voted by the Owners as part of the official National Event bylaws addendum (I assume since I know they voted the official setup for this event).

Get your items cast locally and Boosted and people with Vandlaran Preserves/Permanences can sell them to ya is the best I have right now. Last National was in Desha Vitara and there were only a few scrolls made available to spellcraft from- this is definitely a step forward from that lol.

Jezebel said:
The Chamber too??? Geeze Scott. If you want me to NPC, stop giving me reasons to bring Sun. :)
There are a lot of things, in the Plot Future of Ohio, which may revolve around or be aided by the Chamber. In a lot of the cases what actually happens is going to be determined 100% by the actions and decisions of the Players (both Ritualists and not) and that includes the outcome of some of the National Event plotlines .. so Sun should have plenty of things to work on/investigate/research/participate in with the Chamber when she gets back out here lol :)

But fortunately for me I have this little piece of paper signed in blood "Jen" which states "I hereby give you my soul for the weekend of the National Event to do with as you please up to and including forcing me to NPC despite Chamber or Ritualist Plot being alluded to". So... sorry ma'am but you're stuck.

Back