October's menu.

Laiyesta

Hello all, it’s that time again, time to post the menu. At the last event I had both Quinn and Ginnett helping at each meal, and they both will be helping again. Thanks, ladies! I can still use some ad help with prep work and other times so please let me know if you want to help.

With the weather getting cooler, I wanted to make something for dinner that is filling, hot and tasty. Though I’m a native to Colorado, my family is from Texas, so that has an effect on my cooking. I will be making chili, Texas style. What is Texas style, some of you might ask. Well, two words: no beans. I will have beans available that will be cooked with the same spices as the chili, for those who want them. I will have at least one chili set aside for people with special dietary needs, so please let me know ASAP what your special needs are. No dessert this time, sorry, but I’ll have LOTS of chili and toppings and sides for it.

I will try to make sure there is a fire to warm up next to throughout the event, but it can be difficult to cook and watch the fire at the same time. If you are in the tavern and not busy, feel free to help tend the fire. That will help me and my staff a lot. Also, if you see that the firewood inside is running low, please help out and bring some in. Thanks in advance for the help.

Throughout the Gathering:
Fresh Fruit
Water
Tea
Coffee
Other Drinks Available for Purchase-
1 copper for Lemonade, Orange juice, Iced tea, Milk, and House Ales & Wines (Coke and pepsi products)
Consignment Beverages Variously Priced.

Saturday Brunch:
Quiche (Specifics TBD) It’s back
Hash Browns
Porridge (steel cut oats)
Toast
Various accompaniments (honey, butter, brown sugar, berries, etc.)

Saturday dinner:
Salad
Chili (Texas style) with sides for people from different parts of the country
Cornbread
Spaghetti
Fritos
Beans
Toppings for chili

Sunday Brunch:
Coffee cake
Eggs (Scrambled)
A breakfast meat
Hash Browns
Porridge (steel cut oats)
Various accompaniments (honey, butter, brown sugar, berries, etc.)

Again I will have an item that will be available when the game start and until Sunday afternoon. It will not be available just before and during normal food service times. It will be for sale in game for 1 copper per serving. How I’m able to fit this into my budget is that I will be getting items that are on sale at the time I go shopping. That means I don’t know what it is until, normally, the day before the event. I will make a post as soon as I know what it will be. It might not always be soup.

If you wish to donate funds toward my purchasing ingredients for the weekend long item, and get goblin stamps, send funds to the Denver Alliance Paypal http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html , with the note “Weekend Soup”, before midnight Wednesday, so that I can purchase the ingredients when I do the last of the other Tavern shopping. Funds received after the deadline will likely miss shopping, and will be used for ingredients in future Weekend Soups.

Thank you for all your help keeping the tavern clean. Any questions please contact me at tavern@alliancedenver.com

I'm really sad the event I will be missing has such tasty sounding chili! I love no bean chili.

Back