November Banquet

Dr_Chill

Fighter
I am still working off of adrenaline from the activities this weekend, so I thought I would try and keep this going.

First thing: The Contest!!!

During the feast we will be having an in-game competition for the best side dish and dessert (I will also be posting a similar post IG as well).

If you would like to participate, here are some general guidelines:

1) Let me know if you will be participating, and in which category(ies)

2) Your side/dessert must be enough to feed 10 people

3) If you need an oven/stove/countertop/fridge slot to prepare/store your dish, and if so, how long you will need to prepare it .
(we will have an industrial kitchen, but I would like to know ahead of time for logistical planning)

4) An ingredient list (for proper dietary labeling) - I don't want Dave G. to go into anaphylactic shock, I'd feel bad... :D

5) No shellfish (I love them, but it is also one of the worst potential allergies)
----------------------------------------

Second ting! Decorations.

If you would like to help decorate the tavern let me know. The tavern at the Nov site will have many folding tables which we can place in any configuration, and it has a fireplace at the far end. If you want to bring tablecloths or other decorations let Paige H. know and she will coordinate.

Terd ting! HELP!

If you want to earn my undying love and want to help me in the tavern, let me know! Also let me know how you would like to help!

One of the biggest needs we have is to keep things clean especially given that we have limited cookware to use (I only have so much stuff I can fit into my car). I will need help, before, during, and after the feast. The worst is always after (I still have a ton of stuff to wash from the even this past weekend).

Long story short, if you want to help, let me know!

(space reserved for 4th ting!)

EDIT: Feel free to make whatever you want, just no shellfish. Items will be judged in two separate categories: dessert and side dish, with the winner determined via write-in ballot, and votes will be counted by myself as I have no vested interest in anyone winning as I will not be competing. :)

EDITx2: We will work to try and meet all dietary needs so that everyone will have something to feast on. I do not expect that those bringing side-dishes will be able to make something that can/will please every tummy. McGregor will take care of ya!

THANKS!!!!

-Ryan

I will participate with a fruit salsa dessert thing and homemade tortilla chips. the fruit salsa isn't salsa-y, it just looks like salsa. i will need to keep the fruit cold, and i can provide my own serving dishes.

it will take a good amount of sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sugar, and cinnamon, a little bit of jelly, and lots of fresh fruit, and i will help in the tavern with the washing, serving and cleanup.

I'm going to participate in both categories. I'll pm you details in a few weeks after I'm done running recipe tests. Just plan on having my crockpot on the counter, me needing fridge space, a little cupboard space for cooking equipment, and me needing an hour (to be safe) of assembly with counterspace before dessert.

Also, I have ideas for fall decorations if you want any help with that. I'll help put them up & bring them down too. You're welcome to use my small stash of seasonal stuff but I won't know what I have until I unpack it on November 1st/2nd. At the very least I have a nice cornucopia we could fill.

-Crystal

I would be more then happy to make a dessert. My Reese Chocolate Bars.

This is not something for Diabetic, sorry dave.

It has Peanut butter, butter, powder suger, chocolate chips, and gram cracker crumbs

I would need a little frig space for it to cool for 1- 1 1/2 hours
Thomas

Hmm, as you probably already guessed, Jen & I want to participate as well, But as for items # 3 & 4 of the contest bit, We'll need to get back to you as we think discuss & plan it. The good news is we live not that far from the campsite so that will help simply stuff a lot.

And as for helping you with the tavern, Ryan - Ahem, Yes. As if we had to tell you that! :lol:

Hey Guys,

Vicki and I will try to make it. Are there any allergies I need to contend with if I make a dish?

Also, can we know how the goods will be judged/rules for the contests?

Thanks,

Paul

I have a gluten intolerance.(wheat, oat, rye, barely) I kindly request at least one yummy dessert! ;)

Court,

If I make it, ill contact you to discuss desserts you can do.

Paul

I can help bring things in my car.

Yum, I like the sound of the November Feast. Hopefully I'm able to make it. It would be a shame to miss out on so much delicious food. Sadly my culinary skills are lacking, so I won't be able to make anything.

I will bring a gluten free dessert though I may or may not enter it in the contest.

Is there possibility of Mom NPCing and helping McGregor out with the tavern-keeping? She tells me she would love to help! :)

Also, we are devising a grasshopper cheesecake (courtesy of LARP Mom) and some cranberry relish (no pickles are involved. Somebody actually asked me that the other day... :| ) for contesting.

is anyone lactose intolerent?

One item that came to mind this morning are tablecloths.

It would be awesome if someone would be willing to bring some, not the red & white plastic kind, but something that we could at least drape over the main serving table, ideally all the tables (6-8 total).

Does anyone have anything like that that they could bring? You may even be eligible for gobbies if you donate them (ask Dave first tho if you plan on donating).

-Ryan

I am going to have to reneg on my commitment here, i don't know if i'm coming this weekend and if i am i am certainly not staying past saturday morning

Back