New To Alliance & Creating a Gypsy

Hey Everyone!

My friend (forum name: Lancer) and I are new to the LARP scene and we're trying to make it to the first July event (a long weekend I believe). We were both going to create Gypsy characters but I have some questions as to how we might best go about doing this with respect to the world's current social/political state.

In the rules book, the description for Gypsies says that they are a part of "the largest extended family in the world" and so I was curious if there were any already established families that would be open to accepting the two of us (is this even a possibility?) - maybe even show us the ropes, as it were. I would just like to make the transition into the world as seamless and enjoyable as possible so, if the above or any alternative recommendations come to mind, we're both definitely open to suggestions.

Your timing couldn't be better. For a variety of reasons, the Gypsy race is being phased out of Alliance and is being replaced by a similar race called the Selunari. Read all about it here.

Since all changes like this are handled in-game through plot, by creating a Selunari character right now, you will be joining at the very start of some very interesting racial plot. I don't know exactly how this change is going to occur, but I recommend contacting the plot team and letting them know that you intend to create a Selunari for July. It could open up a world of interesting adventures.

-MS

Yes! The flavor of family that gypsies were known for is still staying, but there are a whole bunch of changes coming, and I'm pretty excited about them.

Please shoot me an email at allianceplot@gmail.com... we have some plans for the next event and we'd love to include you!

-Michelle
HQ Head of Plot

Your timing couldn't be better. For a variety of reasons, the Gypsy race is being phased out of Alliance and is being replaced by a similar race called the Selunari. Read all about it here.

Since all changes like this are handled in-game through plot, by creating a Selunari character right now, you will be joining at the very start of some very interesting racial plot. I don't know exactly how this change is going to occur, but I recommend contacting the plot team and letting them know that you intend to create a Selunari for July. It could open up a world of interesting adventures.

-MS
Thank you for the info and link, looks like I chose a good time to join :)
Yes! The flavor of family that gypsies were known for is still staying, but there are a whole bunch of changes coming, and I'm pretty excited about them.

Please shoot me an email at allianceplot@gmail.com... we have some plans for the next event and we'd love to include you!

-Michelle
HQ Head of Plot
Thank you for the quick reply, I've sent an email to the attached address :)

- Alexander

This is awesome guys! Look forward to seeing you guys at the event!

Kyle

So these Gems for the Selunari are the shape, number, and color, constant within a family or do they very from sibling to sibling?

Also Hi I'm the Lancer Whey mentioned.

Last edited:
Back