New player.

Goon

Hello everyone,

Just attended the new player training thing today, and I'm glad to say that so far, I'm really interested in playing.

I've been playing card, board and roleplaying games for years, though I've taken a bit of a break from pencil and paper rpgs recently.

I really enjoyed the boffer combat intro, but I found it was a bit short. An old friend and teacher of mine used to train with me for hours and hours two or three times a week....sadly that was more than a few years ago. I'm glad to say I haven't completely forgotten everything, but I am really, really rusty.

I don't know how many events I can attend at this point, since I am a college student, so my time and resources are fairly limited right now.

I guess I'm just really looking forward to hanging out some more, and maybe I'll be able to attend an event.

Talk to you guys soon.

Glad to see a familiar face and some fresh blood all in one!

When the weather is warmer, there tends to be much more interest in combat training!
Including a few unofficial events where we combined combat training with a picnic get together in the park.
Hopefully that is not too many months away! ;)

Coming soon to a park near u...once the snow is gone and the grass is green... lol.

Sounds good.

I'm wondering where to get started. Been reading the rules for the game a bit....Just kind of lost in terms of where to start for making a history that's tied to the game a bit.

I've got a basic idea of what kind of character I'd like to play, but I don't know the names of the nearby towns or who the powers that be are. (Guess I should have shown up for the history of the realm part of the work day.)

Just been reading the parts on the basic social pacts and levels of technology/science.

Kind of putting on my nerd hat right now...I've always been fascinated with technology and its underlying science.

Makes sense that some technology is more advanced than others, plus some items seem fairly advanced for medieval europe, which is fine. (I understand its a game. Games aren't fun if they're too realistic..or not realistic enough.) Some items seem advanced more for forms of practicality (who would want to navigate without a compass? or not be able to use glasses if they have vision problems?)

It also makes sense that scholars would turn to magic first...though I'm assuming there's advanced enough science to produce the level of technology enjoyed in the game. (However, the practice of magic could be seen as its own kind of in game scientific field.)

For the social pacts, the nobles seem really, REALLY nice in this game (compared to historical medieval europe). Again, this seems to be more for practicality and playability reasons. It doesn't make much sense to put people who enjoy a modern education into game roles that do not have a similar kind of advantage.

I like the hospitality convention. Its one of the ideas I've always liked about historical Norse culture.

Now for moar reading...

Last edited:
Had a great time at the dungeon run.

Glad you enjoyed yourself! It was great having you out with us.

Back