My Sincerest Thanks

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hey y’all,

It’s amazing how fast time flies when you’re having fun, isn't it?

After finding the chapter in July 2009, I started on the staff in May 2011 as the Logistics guy, and come November 2012, I was invited to join the Plot team in addition to my Logistics commitment, ready for a change of pace from the PC side of things and excited to begin my NPCing career. It didn’t take long for April 2013 to come around and the role of General Manager with it, with the Head of Plot and Head of Rules positions starting up at the beginning of 2014 to cap it all off. As 2015 draws to a close and I step back from my assorted titles, I won’t say it hasn’t been a lot of whole lot of work, but I will say that I wouldn’t have traded it for the world.

With that in mind, I wanted to just say thank you to my LARP community for the last few years of my life on the Southern Minnesota staff. It’s been an amazing amount of fun and I am beyond grateful to have shared that time with all of you. Interacting with y’all throughout my logistics work and assorted plotlines has been something really special and I am proud to have you among my friends.

Dave, thank you for all the opportunities you’ve given me over the years. Our styles have always been a bit different, but we learned how to blend the two together to make for one heck of a team.

Stephen (S.), thank you for everything you taught me. You were instrumental in shaping my style of running game and I hope my years of plot have done you proud.

Vaughn, Raeker, Teague, Kendra, and all my other fantastic NPCs over the years, thank you for helping bring my ideas into reality.

Chris, Rob, Mariah, Andrea, Kyle, Ryan (Bu.), Carly, Adam, Ryan (Be.), Jen, and so many others, thank you for being the close friends you are and for all the support you’ve given me at and, perhaps even more importantly, between events. I owe a lot of my sanity to you folks and I couldn’t have done it without you.

But don’t worry, folks – I’m not going anywhere! Just because I am stepping back from the staff doesn’t mean that I’m disappearing from SoMN, after all. I still intend to attend events and have a few little plotlines of mine that I will have a hand in finishing up, let alone a handful of notable NPC roles that will still be played by me every now and then.

I look forward to PCing in SoMN again and am eager to see what awaits us in the upcoming year(s)!

~ Alexander Thompson

Alexander,

Things won't be the same without you. My entire LARPing career has been with you wearing your many hats. It does color how one sees things.

Your touch will be missed.

~ Lou

Alexander,

I haven't been around for most of your run, but I'm glad you're leaving it on your own terms rather than because something's gone wrong and needs your attention. See you on the PC side next season!

Alexander,

Thanks for being there to help me develop my plots and to bounce ideas off of, thank you for all of your dedication all of these years and thank you so much for getting me involved in this wonderful community all those years ago! It's been a pleasure to work with you and I hope that next year, you'll enjoy your time on the other side of the fence.

I personally want to thank you for every ounce of dedication and hard work you poured into this chapter, this community, and into your plots, it's been a pleasure to be involved in your plots as a PC, an NPC, and a fellow plot member. I can't wait to see what joys you will continue to bring to our community no matter how you continue to be involved!

See you in November!

-Vaughn Weirens

sorry to hear you are backing away from plot, hope to see you on the battlefield with many of the other adventureers..

david raatz

Back