Looking for stories

kalindra

Adept
Greetings,
I'm searching for exciting stories of courage and valor. The reputation of Wayside's "former" adventurers should be preserved for the people to remember. Tell me of your brave deeds in service to your country and I'll make sure your name is on the lips of everyone from the farmers to the lords!
I've heard the rumors of your deeds, but I know that these are only hints to the real story. Now is your chance to get the truth out for everyone to hear. How did you save the people from the Wortlings that infected the land? How did you take down the Banshee which the Guardians of Light themselves could not defeat? What is the real story behind all the other enemies you've defeated to protect the innocent?

If you'd like to share your story, tell me here where everyone in Wayside can hear and remember, or if you prefer, I might drop by that tavern in that Westhaven place, where we can trade stories over drinks.

upload_2014-6-8_15-58-41.png
Althea

Nobody? Come on, we bards can't turn your tales into epic songs if you people won't share the details! I'm a bard, by the way... I could just make stuff up, but hearing the real story gives a song that extra spark that makes it come alive. If you wait until I come down in person I won't be able to write anything between now and then, will I?

upload_2014-6-8_15-58-41-png.888

Althea

It's not easy being a bard during these times. One would think there are stories aplenty, but alas, no one wishes to tell them. I even offered coin in exchange a year ago, but no use. Perhaps the world is tired of bards...perhaps I could still get into carpentry like my father...

- Elando Neswalt

Elando, Althea,

Although adventuring haz been made illegal and many of us are retiring from zee ways and turning swordz to plowshares I kin tell you zat the adventuring community is one where trust comes slowly and where few will share takes with strangers ya?

I could perhaps set you on zee right path, come speak to me at zee next gather. Or perhaps I can meet you somewhere?

Jehan zee Wyldweaver

Speaking as a fellow Bard, I have always found the 3 L's rule to hold true (libations loosen lips). Come to my bar soon and we'll trade tales.

-Sam Gemclipper

Jeez, why are you people so suspicious? I'm not one of the red-and-white brigade, if that's what you're worried about. I don't know why you're so worried about dreaming your stories when you know that a bard is going to share them with the whole country after you tell them in private. But if you insist on being like that, I guess I'll have to wait until fall. See you then...

Althea

Well some tales I could tell you about:

The adventures of the Elemental Apple Tree.
Life and Times at Sir Lanalor's Keep
-Dark Dwarf Invasion
-Agnes the Prophet
-Refuge of Steam/Owain's Passing
The Celestial Spirit Forge
My Life as a Bone Golem/Demonic Puppet
The Many Faces of Gnot, the Teflon Mage
You and Primitive Formal Casting
On the use of Bakery Goods for casting Magic
Stabbing things in the Face for Profit- A Tactical Guide
The Storm's Fury - Anecdotes on the use of Magic to Trivialize Encounters
The Echoing Thunder - Verses on the proper Grooming, Posture, and Vocal Techniques to Inspire Fear, Shock and Awe
Secrets - The Currency of Fools
Stop Wasting Time - The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Nobles
Ruthlessness, Not Just for Kings Anymore!
How to Get Away With It - A Primer on "Smart" Evil
Spiders - Your Lady and Mistress

Let me know which of these you might be interested in. ;)

-Gnot, he of too many tiresome titles to list.

Last edited:
As a young wolf, there is not much that I can boast about just yet. If there is, surely Sam Gemclipper and The Company would know. They and the Brotherhood spin great tales.

This is not a story of heroism or adventuring but of people taking care of each other. Last market day, reports of an attack on a farm came to my ears. My self and a few other ran to aid of the farmers. We we arived on of the bother was at deaths door as giant crows had besieged the farm. Will steel and spell the crow met there end. Both the farmers and the farms had been saved, providing food of countless more. If I am condemed to death for this type of action.what type of world are we now living in were the suffering of other should be ignored to merely save your own skin. If this action is call treason. I accept the title for I would not hesitate to aid those in need again.
-Aramas

Would you people stop talking to this thing which you have no idea what it is or wants.

Tets

"Thing"!?? I'm a regular person. Jeez.

Althea

I am also a person if that helps.

-Elando

And so Althea, or perhaps Elando? were there any of my tales that you wanted to hear?

Tets' random comments about ignorance and fear asside....
-Gnot

Eh... To be honest, most of those titles sound a little... tame. Listeners want to hear about great battles and heroism and such. The Dark Dwarf one might have some possibilities, though. Do you have any true stories with undead? Those are very popular this season.

Althea

Ignorance and fear? You obviously dont understand what that little symbol next to her name means.

Tets

Oye, I got a story for you. It is not for the faint of heart. "So there I was strapped to this High Orc lasses bed, when she walked in with a jar of honey and a lightning wand." To be continued.

Keeper

Ignorance and fear? You obviously dont understand what that little symbol next to her name means.

Tets

Please tell us a story about what the symbol means!

-Gnot

Well, no story about the symbol so...

<Paper torn down>

Last edited:
Wait, were you talking to me or that Tets fellow? There's no story, it's just my... artist's mark. You need name recognition to get famous as a bard these days, and so many people can't read, so the mark just makes me more distinctive. Yeah... Spread the word.

Althea

Back