Local rulings

jpariury

Duke
I couldn't find a local rulings thread in the Ohio section of the board, and wasn't sure if I did find one if it would apply. Are there any local rulings we need to be aware of?

For instance: Do magic delivery or elemental delivery count as still having an IG incant, and are they usable during a No-Skills effect? (I forget if this was Arcified).

It has not been responded to on the ARC boards. However this might be something the finalize at the symposium just before... ;) We can hope! :)

I asked about the handful of posts on the ARC board that haven't been clarified and was told that they were being discussed at the symposium.
It's in a thread somewhere, but I lost it.

As of now any LCO Rulings on these issues will be posted on the Ohio boards- if it isn't there it may not be something we've felt necessary to clarify. (The Massive Carrier as it works in Ohio is listed there for instance).

Magic Incant is currently under review by the Owners and should be, I believe, discussed at the Symposium.
Elemental Incant in Ohio, however, to my knowledge hasn't been differentiated from spells so I'm not sure where that stands. This may also need to be clarified after the Owner discussion at the Symposium- sorry I can't be more help with that lol. :)

Its my HOPE that we don't have to have ANY real LCO effects at the National Event- standard Rule Book with Owner/ARC interpretations applied- but anything we do will be clarified on our Forums, here (likely) and posted at Logistics per da rulez. Barring these rule discrepancies I'm not sure what other clarifications will need to be made in these posts- it depends on the final Plot document.

Quinn said:
(The Massive Carrier as it works in Ohio is listed there for instance).
Wait, this doesn't work. Individual chapters can't change rules that are in the book. They can remove effects from their game, or add effects to the game, or interpret rules when something is unclear, but you can't change a rule that's in the book. Massive is clearly defined in the book, you can't change the effect, just like you can't decide that Flame Bolts do 30 points of damage in your chapter.

(Unless you're running an 'alternate campaign,' in which case you can pretty much do what you want. Really, that's besides the point, since I'm really only concerned about the National Event here, which, because it's not an alternate game, you can't change existing rules. See your Bi-laws.)

[edit, cross posted this to the Ohio board where it seemed more appropriate.]

What page of the rulebook is "Massive" defined on? I can find several references to Massive Mechanical damage which is done from traps, but can't seem to find Massive by itself.

~Joe

Chapters are allowed to change the rules in the book on a short-term basis for plot (such as some spells not working, flame doing extra damage to certain monsters, etc.) The book reminds us that we should be playing a game based on roleplay, not rules. NJ, for instance, has permanent planar gates hanging up in the town - they also don't work consistently (which was from another plot effect that got fixed last weekend).

And as Joe said, Massive as a carrier attack is not in the book, though I'm hoping it will be in the next rules edition.

I was always under the impression that the rules regarding the Massive carrier are currently dealt with on a per chapter basis. That would be why it is posted there locally.

Can an Owner or ARC member confirm?

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen-

You can confirm it yourself by using the build I know you spent on Read/Write.

:cool:

Sorry, this got talked about on the Ohio board, and didn't come back around to here.

Morai said:
What page of the rulebook is "Massive" defined on?
There are references in Riposte and Parry that state that they can't be used to stop massive blows. OR and SEA read massive to mean Massive. This prompted SEA to go through our monster DB and re-evaluate creatures that had the carrier Massive, since it was a change to how we had been doing it (our original ruling for Massive was basically the same as Ohio's). Since this happened a coupe years ago, I was thinking that we had to do the change because Massive had been defined in the book, because it was kind of a pain and we wouldn't have done it for no reason. That's the confusion.

That's a separate issue from this:
Dave said:
Chapters are allowed to change the rules in the book on a short-term basis for plot (such as some spells not working, flame doing extra damage to certain monsters, etc.)
Chapters aren't allowed to change effects that are in the book. The examples of things you list are all acceptable because they're not changes. You can refuse to let in spells/effects, and you can add effects, and NPCs taking more/less/other damage or effects from some spells and effects are abilities that are in the book (p 68 and 69). However, you can't change what an effect does wholesale. If a PC gets hit by a Flame Bolt, they take 20 points of eldritch flame damage. A chapter can't decide that Flame Bolts force everyone to skip and whistle instead.

I think its mainly which rules they will be adding in then and how they might be interpreting some rules.

For instance, in SOMN, Massive can not be blocked. If it hits any part of you you take the damage as normal damage. We also had some monster abilities like amplified reflect (the monster takes the spell, buffs it, and throws it back as something stronger) and Shatter Sprite (your body dissipates and you take a death).

tieran said:
Stephen-

You can confirm it yourself by using the build I know you spent on Read/Write.

:cool:

Global Spirit Forge.

<3,
Stephen

Dude-

That was for your characters. Not you.

Noob.

Back