LCO and Restricted Rituals on the same item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantarus

Knight
I have gotten conflicting information when I have asked this question from different marshals. So I figured it is time to clear it up here.

If I have a sword with 11 Permanent Restricted Rituals and I am considering using Gobbied LCO Scrolls to add a few more rituals to it that are preserved. What will this do to my item?

Will the item become LCO completely and forever after?
Or Just until the LCO rituals wear off?
Or possibly will it be split with half the rituals transferable and only the LCO rituals counted against ritual caps that some chapters have?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

~Andy

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

When a new batch is cast upon an item and is different in either the chapter database to which it will belong or its LCO/Restricted status, the new batch should generate a separate tag with the same physrep #. The existing tag stays the same. Until the LCO rituals wear off, the entire item should be considered LCO, though any individual chapter has the option of accepting only the Restricted batch and not the LCO batch (but they may not pick and choose specific rituals within a batch to accept). Thus, you run the risk of your entire item being rejected for having an LCO batch on it.

Note that no matter what, no item may have more than twenty total enchantment rituals cast upon it at once no matter how these might be split up into multiple batches.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back