Kitchen Requests for the 4 Day

kender159

Artisan
Greetings Alliance Seattle players!

TL;DR -- Don't put coolers in the fridge; Requesting help bringing food to site.

This upcoming 4 day (5 days worth of meals) is going to take up a lot of space in the kitchen. There's going to be a lot of NPCs to feed as much as there's going to be a lot of PCs to feed. There's just going to be a lot of people to feed over more time than we are used to. So for those of you who are bringing in food to the fridges and freezer, please please please take your food out of your coolers and put them up on the shelves.

At the last event, the coolers took up way too much space. As NPC coolers are being emptied, I try to consolidate food into fewer places and move the coolers out from the fridge. I would ask that you please not use coolers in the fridge space so that there's more space for stuff and it's easier to walk into the walk-in fridge. If you want to keep your things in your cooler, there may be an ice machine on site. Anacortes is certainly close by and so is Oak Harbor, both at a fifteen minute drive at most.

Additionally, NPC food across this many days is going to take up more space than I have even in a station wagon with fold down seats. I am requesting for anyone coming up from the south end of Seattle or King County who may have room for coolers or totes full of food. Please get a hold of me as soon as you can. I will request gobbies for those who help take tote or cooler up.

Thanks and much appreciation for all of this.

Gabriel de los Angeles
NPC and NPC Cook

Without coolers, we'll all need to keep better track of whose food is whose. A suggestion is to label your food somehow, or keep it in bags, which take up much less space than coolers. Please be considerate and make sure the food your using is your own.

There are stores nearby so what I plan to do, as a PC, is bring food/beverages for a couple days and then go shopping again in the middle of the event. If the rest of us PCs do similar then food storage space would be less of a problem.

Plus, it's fun to get the double takes from the muggles at the stores when you're in garb. :D

If you'd like to leave your food in your cooler and leave the cooler in the covered (and enclosed) area behind the kitchen, that's totally cool, too. I'm almost certain that there's an ice machine, and if there's not, there's a big freezer that we could use to store (or make more) ice.

tl;dr:
Do your dishes!

The good the bad and the ugly:
Since this will be a 5 day long event with 4 logistics periods the kitchen is going to be in constant use. You may not leave the tavern until your dishes are done. Ask plot to hold the mod for you if you need a little extra time for clean-up. Please don't make us be disciplinarians, we really want to enjoy this game with you. Dishes have been a constant problem to greater or lesser degrees.

We will have a radio in the kitchen, if the kitchen and/or tavern is found in shambles we will shut down monster camp and abruptly pull all the NPCa out of game. Gabe and the NPCs will not clean up after you.

Oh and do your dishes...

Note: the eating area is not very large either...so if you leave stuff out, it is not gonna be pretty real quick.

Comparable to Sheppard?

I would say the 1 room of Deception is comparable to the 2 areas of Sheppard.

I will have a coleman camp stove with me, I'm willing to share with a couple people to lessen the load on the kitchen. I just ask if you'd like to use it, message me and bring a couple 1lb propane cylinders for cooking.

I have an idea... why not have the PC's be encouraged too, to pack meals with them... like hunks of cheese, dried meat... that sort of thing... Iron Rations, I mean provided they are on a quest and far away from camp, or supply lines for em... its a shot in the dark idea, but I read books that suggested these kinds of things, COULD help with easing up some burden in the kitchens

Organizing something like that just isn't possible, especially since a number of our players have specific dietary needs that require a kitchen.

Back