June 13-15 Feedback

John Leino

Artisan
Being the guy who helps set up this game that we get to play, I feel that my feedback really doesn't count. No matter what, I always have a good time. That could be because I just love playing this game and love playing with all you guys but it also has a TON to do with our Plot Team.

I wanted to make a post to specifically thank our Plot Team for their efforts this event. Our staff has had a lot of discussions as of late. Adjustments were asked for and adjustments were made. Ultimately, those adjustments received a lot of really good feedback (hopefully to have people follow up with a post here!).

Thanks again guys for all of your hard work and dedication to this game.

John (AKA GJ)

I want to thank the plot team and NPCs for a great time this weekend. For years I've been enjoying the story they are telling, with its intrigue and complexity, but frequently felt stymied by an inability to get enough done in a given weekend to keep up with the world.
This weekend changed that for me.
I saw the plot team provide a wide variety of opportunities to players of all levels, from giving the newest players the opportunity to have a huge impact on stopping a long running danger to challenging our most experienced players with a run into the Plane of Death to take out a threat to ritual magic and our long-distance transportation network. I also saw other players and personally experienced how tapping into the resources of our NPC allies can drastically change how difficult an encounter is to complete. If you haven't started talking to all the interesting people that come into town, I recommend doing so. It will make your experience more interesting and open avenues for dealing with problems that you had not considered.
Finally, I want to commend the Plot team on the monsters they threw at us. On each mod/adventure I saw a range of things attacking that challenged a variety of players. Most importantly I constantly felt challenged in fights without feeling that a single encounter was such a drain on resources that we could not proceed forward to get anything done. After years of running plot I know how hard it is to find this balance and I think that it is important that we commend them on their work.

Not to short change our NPCs, you guys deserve a huge thank you as well. Without your tireless efforts we wouldn't have an event so thank you for giving us great interactions and being willing to take a beating all weekend long.

See you all in August.

Had a great time. Really enjoyed the Chaos bridge/ Waymaker thing. Similar to Matt's comments, it a was a cool endurance mod without it being completely draining. IG, I am never helping Banradi again, OOG I had fun on the mod.

Big thanks to the whole plot team and NPCs.
Special shout-out to Chad. I got to talk to his storyteller. Originally to get information, but soon realized it was just entertaining to listen. That's not something that make-up and props can do for you. It was pretty cool.

After the fact, I felt bad about my actions on the Celestine mod, on an OOG level. I meta'd some OOG information that I should have let occur IG. So I am sorry for that. I don't think it would have changed the overall outcome, just bad form on my part. I really liked the mod, but afterwards it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth because of that, completely my fault.

-Joe

Excellent event as usual Plot/NPCs! You guys truly make this fun.
And a thanks to Clark and Kipp for making it out; I hope they had fun.
Shouts out to Zach for that god forsaken puzzle.

After being absent for a few events, this was definitely a warm welcome back. Formerly I spent most of my time essentially tagging along and doing what I could from the background. This event was borderline overwhelming with all of the happenings aimed towards giving the lower levels a chance to make an impact on the larger plot. I can't recall a time when we had less than two hooks waiting for us, although this sometimes resulted in a confusion of what each one was. As I mentioned previously, it was really cool to be able to help out indirectly during the climax as a result of other jobs.

It's exciting to be back into the fray
See you all soon.

-jack.

Back