June 11th Fight Practice

Are you worried you may not get your LARP fix in June without a regular SOMN event? Well you are in luck! Come on out for a Fight Practice June 11th to keep your skills in shape and hang out with your LARP pals. I'll be hosting at my place in Columbia Heights, we will primarily be using a park one block down called Lomianki park which should give us plenty of space.

What time and how long - Feel free to arrive any time after 1pm, we'll go for as long as people want to stick around.

Food and Drinks - I will be grilling dinner (hot dogs and brats) to be had around 6. There will be some basic chips and beverage options, if you would like to bring something to contribute feel free. If you will be coming and have any dietary restrictions or concerns let me know ahead of time and I'll be happy to accommodate.

Learn to Duel like a Champion - for anyone interested I'll be offering personalized combat lessons for anyone interested (around 20 - 30 minutes a person, depending on interest and time allowance).

Mini Mod - If we get enough people we may run a mini mod where you could try out some different weapons or skills to see how you like them!

Weapon making and crafts - I have most of the basics for packet and weapon making if anyone is interested in doing that, we will probably transition to that as it gets dark if anyone is interested.

Address - 3836 2nd St NE Columbia Heights, MN 55421

Please let me know in advance if you plan on attending (even if it's just a maybe) as I would prefer to have leftovers rather than not enough food.

Anyone attending this Approved Fight Practice will also garner 60 goblin stamps, which is great for all sorts of reasons!

I am a maybe depending on the work scheduled. gonna get some of the friends who are interested to understand what LARP is

I'd love to go but would have a toddler in tow (non picky eater, great with a dagger). Is this an adult only fight practice?

Rick this sounds awesome! I'll try my hardest to come out and join you.

I'd love to go but would have a toddler in tow (non picky eater, great with a dagger). Is this an adult only fight practice?

Kids are welcome, obviously we would refrain from having them participate in full combat but I have no problem with kids being around.

three questions

-if a person of squire age were to come to this, would they need their parents to attend as well?
-do you need an in game costume to attend a fight practice?
-do you need the usual paperwork for a normal event to attend a fight practice?
thanks in advance
-lukas

three questions

-if a person of squire age were to come to this, would they need their parents to attend as well?
-do you need an in game costume to attend a fight practice?
-do you need the usual paperwork for a normal event to attend a fight practice?
thanks in advance
-lukas

I would ask that any underage attendees have a parent or guardian accompany them. They don't need to participate, although they are welcome to, as long as they remain in the area with us.

Costume is not needed and in case you need them I will have a few weapons that can be borrowed for the fight practice.

As this isn't an official alliance event it won't require the chapters paperwork.

I plan on being there, which also means that I will be available for questions/lessons in regards to boffer creation and nitpicky rules clarifications.

Sounds like I might be able to make it after all. Thought that the hubby had me booked for the afternoon, now not so much.

I want to come but I'm a maybe until my other weekend plans get sorted out.

I would tottaly be there but alas I will be road tripping at the time. Hope it's a great event though!

Jess and I will be attending. We plan to arrive at around 4:30 or so. Sorry I didn't get around to responding sooner.

Likely I'll be out for a few hours, 3-6 maybe. Though wouldn't be sticking around for food.

Back