Greater Wand Ritual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Chill

Fighter
Can multiple greater wand rituals be cast upon the same wand for additive effect?

Example A: 1 greater wand ritual cast at +1, and another cast at +2 for a total of +3?
Example B: 1 greater wand ritual cast at +3, and another cast at +3 for a total of +6?

Using example A, a caster could burn 2 scrolls to make a +3 for 15 components instead of 1 ritual at 20 components. You would burn up more ritual slots on the wand at the benefit of burning less sticks.

Thanks!

I am having trouble finding the reference, but the answer is "No, like things do not generally stack." A Damage Aura does not stack with another Damage Aura or Monster Slayer, Arcane Armor does not stack with regular armor, and therefore Greater Wand does not stack with another Greater Wand.

If someone could help me find the proper reference to confirm that would be great.

Seth Bird
SEA/ORE Rules Marshal

Upvote 0
I believe that it falls under the blanket "Individual effects do not stack." rule from pg 96. I can't find another reference to magic items in specific, but the logic chain is clear there. It wouldn't apply to activatables because those are not constant effects by themselves, while rituals like Greater Wand, Monster Slayer, Damage Aura, etc are always on, and thus fall under the "Individual effects do not stack" rule. I'm very certain on this being the spirit of the rule, but the RAW is definitely not perfectly clear on the situation.

Upvote 0
This is correct, just as you can't stack 2 +3 damage auras on a sword, you can't do it with a wand. Like weapons you CAN stack different types of auras, such as an enhance wand (flame) and a greater wand (+1) Which is functionally the same as a blade with a +1 DA and a Flame Aura. As for the exact reference, I'm not able to immediately find one to point at.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back