February Event Favorites!

Druk

Rogue
Such a great event, even as a non-combat merchant/researcher, I had few moments of boredom. Highlights, you ask? Of course!
-Pun times with the dryads. I've a-moss-ed many new jokes from Sunday evening.
-New players!
-Being one of two or three people on the spore mod not hallucinating. Telling afflicted persons if they didn't stop talking loudly, the stars would fall from the sky. Then scolding them for crying.
-All the RP. So much RP.
-The mighty gryphon.
-Hanging with the MWE's, until Killian/Mike got broken.

As usual, the game had a powerful beginning and a potent finale. Player actions having immense ramifcations and impacts as always great to see/feel/understand. It is a great game in which we as players can affect the world in a fundimental way without it having a prescripted or designated path to follow.

This is especially true for Plot rewarding the Player (read: punishing the character) when we as players through unexpected curve balls at them. Especially when those rewards come to wake you up in the middle of the night.

I had an unexpected glee at the utterance of "Brotherhood of the Star Security Protocol 1".

Fantastic RP with both PCs and NPCs
It was great seeing all the familiar heads and hanging out
New experiences are always a + in my book. Both good and bad, or sour.
Intense combats
Sharks
That ever growing sinking feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach :)

Thanks for all the small and wonderful things.

See you next time
-I

: saving various townfolk and Lasua (sp?) from the beasts.
: getting out with the newer people.
: Fun With Spores, a/k/a 60 Ways To Suck Down Potions (tm) (hallucinate, disease, nausea, hallucinate, rinse/lather/repeat).
: discussion with the Andar courier.
: failing at protecting Inquisitive Alligator (I think he was). I draw on someone I probably shouldn't have, but a job is a job.

- The spore mod was a blast. Everyone on it was so much fun!
- Efficiently blowing through Skree on the way to complete the Sunday afternoon flower-retrieval mission.
- All of the conversations with both old and new Town Guard members. You're all way too much fun.
- The rumor mill turning. Y'all are pretty fantastic at very slowly changing the story each time. Hearing a number of secrets that conflict so seriously.
- Fighter's Guild
- Operation Code-Names, and the rotation of "Floppy Trout"
- Questing for bandits.
- "A Meeting With Jenali" turning into a 3-hour adventure.
- Getting hit with "Stun Right Arm, Stun Left Arm, Stun Right Leg, Stun Left Leg" and having a few minutes of complete relaxation.
- And one more time, everything with the Town Guard. You're a super efficient group of smart A's, and you're all a blast to play with.

All the Awesome RP with the PCs,

Luke telling Olivia i was ok to cast ice at the corrupt and helping her get more comfortable with using her own magic,

Garret(?) telling Meral and Olivia to do what they feel they have to,

ALL of the PC's that took the time to talk to and teach the townies.

having the PC's walk right through my traps even though they were looking for them,

having my trap go off wile a pc tride to disarm it.

- I got a lot of firsts this event, and that makes for a happy Queenie. I love to be challenged. :) I even finally found the PC washroom! SUCCESS!

- Some of my fav moments were making Maven Berserk and watching him after I died as a shree go after his friends. That was hilarious!

- Running my first mod and playing my first ever spell-caster AND Corrupt. People were real understanding when I flubbed a few times and I made sure they earned my loot. I was impressed I could remember most of my incantations under pressure. Now I know I can use spells and/or alchemy with Demona no problem if I wanted, as I seem to have a better memory than I think I do.

- Keeping the low-bees entertained and hallucinated all night was hysterical. Especially when we had to call a hold for laughter. THE MIGHTY GRYPHON!

- Being healed and let go as Draxian.

- People enjoying Mrs. Miller's Bread Pie and trying to convince her to sell them. Oh and getting a pretty feather for my pie. :D

- Being fed lots of chocolate. :D

- Ryabelle ALMOST convincing Mrs. Miller Earth magic might not be all that bad. ALMOST.

There are probably more things I am just too tired to remember them right now. :)

I had so much fun this past event... some of the highlights for me :

~Belinda's talks with Kizuni (sp?) and trying to get my stuff back
~OMG ALL THE PUNS!!!!!!!!
~Emerging as a newly awoken dryad, and being surrounded by people who were all so excited and eager to meet me, and here from me. It was wonderful.
~giant quick change from complete black faced corrupt to pretty dryad.
~providing the cookies! ^.^ I'm glad you guys liked them!
~Skree. you all may hate them, but you know, there's nothing like playing a few skree to wrap up a very long weekend.
~singing songs during clean-up
~Meeting new players both PC and NPC!!!
~all the amazing Roleplay.

I had an amazing event!

Some one the highlights:
Earth Magic Conversations as Adele:
-Intense Earth magic conversation as Adele with Kiara.
-Getting grilled by Zeth.
-Explaining at least 3 times why I want to learn it.
-Getting my brain expanded by Garrick with his brain teasers.

-Getting closure as Adele, first in the vision and then with finding Kent's body.
--To the PCs who made it their mission to help her thank you.

-The Corrupt taunts in the field battle, and hissing back at you.

Coming out as Amanita
-Having her name so garbled "Amanita fighter" "Anita?" "Anika?" "Horrible name for a battle."
-Hearing that the pages had been cheering for her.
-Being the "feisty Dryad" and hearing "Can we keep her?"
-All the puns...to those we annoyed, I am sorry. But we were having an amazing time, if you had joined us I am sure you would have agreed.

And finally, because I have to: I AM THE MIGHTY GRIFFIN! (trying to be somber as I am about to walk into the place where my dead child is, and I cracked so badly).

As I mentioned on Facebook, I vote to change the name of the tavern to The Mighty Griffin. :)

I was walking alone (it was daytime!) and came across a pile of skree lurking under that big tree by the tavern. I realized "Oh jeez, there's a LOT of them!" and turned to RUN back the way I came... they burst out laughing and yelled "It's okay, we're out of game!" The best part was walking away and hearing them laugh at how badly they scared me. Glad I could amuse you! :)

Wow, what a fun game.

1. The door slamming open at what must have been four in the morning, sitting up to see the glowing red eyes of scary Gary through a tapestry.

2. The massive pun night with the dryads. My ribs still hurt. Thanks. :)

3. Being moved to tears twice - First by that Draxian journal, then by Acacia's gift of the flower.

4. Wandering off into the woods with a gypsy and two hungry monsters. What could possibly go wrong there?

5. Learning a new language. And by that I mean, learning to hate a new language. <3

6. Making friends with the townspeople...wait, no, let me go back even further. There being townspeople to be friends with! Ryabel was so glad to talk magical theory with anyone who had the patience to listen to him.

7. The NPC costumes and the tavern were beautifully decorated.

8. Hearing "Thank you PCs," and "Thank you NPCs"! I love the gratitude and the feeling of mutual enjoyment.

9. "I AM THE MIGHTY GRYPHON!" Ryabel has never scurried so quickly to cast a purify in his LIFE. And the following exchange after Garrick had come to his senses, "Was it bad?" "Y-y-yes."

All in all, this game was a spectacular game to come back on and I had an amazing time. Thank you to everyone who I directly interacted with, and to the folks that encouraged Ryabel and were kind to him. I hope to see everybody in April!

I had a great game, lots of great roleplay all around, and some great mods. In no particular order, as always...

• Players having fun with the dungeon crawls I wrote, especially them figuring out the tile & warder glyph puzzles.
  • Yo dog, I heard you like monkey wrenches, so I put a monkey wrench in your monkey wrench so you can get monkeyed while you wrench.
  • Toland's slow burn plots starting to come to a head.
  • Feeling like a real member of plot for the first time.
  • Arguments about killing Draxian. It's uncomfortably fun playing the "super racist uncle" role.
  • Saturday night dinner, oh man, so good. Food, RP, getting a chance to really relax, all of it amazing. I want that coconut curry soup recipe. Also the drink recipe. Hell, I want all the recipes.
  • Sunday night coming together just so perfectly. It's so rare that complicated logistics come off at all, much less that well. Major props to all the Dryad NPCs, and Kirsten and Jimmy for keeping time.

OH! Big THANK YOU to Lone for giving me that bird. The process of figuring out how to figure out what it did was educational and a little mod /adventure in itself. Now I just need a bigger pouch so I can carry it with me! :)

Druk said:
-Being one of two or three people on the spore mod not hallucinating. Telling afflicted persons if they didn't stop talking loudly, the stars would fall from the sky. Then scolding them for crying.

Wow, Joe.. that's.. fantastic! I really wish I could have seen that mod, sounds like it was pretty funny, props to the PCs for (what sounds like) above and beyond hallucination performances!

-I was incredibly impressed with all our NPCs this event (well, even more than usual!) They all did a fantastic job of keeping monster camp tidy, staying super positive, super energetic, and totally accepting of whatever monster or RP role we handed out. Their additions/embellishments and fabulous RP ideas were perfect! We had some absolutely stellar new NPCs too, I really hope to see all of you back!
-PC drama
-JP's food
-Earth Guild Lunch
-4-way split Sunday mod, went better than we could have even hoped for
-great RP from PCs and NPCs alike

Oh boy!

1. Getting Hackles and all the RP that he spawned! Ohboyohboy! -squeak-
2. The Kidnapping of Hackles!! (Oh man, Carmen, that was hilarious!)
3. Caster Battle! Man, I landed some good night shots....which was sorta redemption for my daytime misses. Oi.
4. RP! Being put into a position where some decisions are less to do with right and wrong and more to do with losing your right arm or left foot. Oh drama!
5. Finally finding a regular spell prep that I'm happy with.
6. Conversations with Scruffy, and how terrible a brother he is.
7. .....and yes, Cassandra, you chaos-tickled me down. Yet again, I am ruined by phase. :(

This event was a lot of fun (I know, super descriptive!)

Second event for me, and I had a great time. A lot of fun roleplay, and a slew of fun fights. Enjoying the hell out of 'be the hero!' The Larp.

If these events have been any kind of barometer for what's to come, I look forward to finding more time to hit up the local alliance chapter games.

Lot of fun!

-Kyle (aka: Lesuvius, Scruffy, Floppy Trout)

Back