Dear Thief

To the thief that stole 10 gold from the Tavern,

You have not just stolen from a royal knight, but from the coffers of the Brittington war effort. Those coins were meant for the raising and preparing of forces to fight the Thessi.

So congratulations on aiding necromancers and slavers to enrich yourself. Your scum and you should hope I never find you.

Sincerely,
Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer

You may think, "They can't track platinum," and yeah, you might be right, but that doesn't mean we won't find you. You might think, "Isn't Mastery a good way to earn things," and you may be right, but stealing one coin from a busy kitchen that is serving you food isn't Mastery, it is cowardly and weak. You may think, "What is the worst that can happen? Sir Landcharmer is a knight," and you may be right, but remember that you are a dangerous criminal and that Jorma Raskstal must defend himself when faced with a threat to his health.

I will see you soon.
Jorma Raskstal

Last edited:
I shall build you a lockbox that will flummox (a dangerous beast that is immune to most harm) future thieves.

Is the suggestion of having a guard by the kitchen too much? I only ask simply because this seems to be a reoccurring thing with each gathering.

An excellent thought.

Let it be known that I will pay a two gold bounty to one who can capture a Flummox to train as a kitchen guard.

Dorgun of the Osprey

Realize that given all I provide for the Courts and the Adventurers both in my service as a Knight and as a cook, I have until now never felt the need to lock away the coin which comes in. The idea that one in the community is so petty as to steal from the people working all day to feel them is disappointing on a scale I do not care to comment further on. I'm honestly just saddened by this. Sad that someone was either so desperate they felt the need to steal but felt they could not simply come to me and ask for aid, or is so greedy they have no shame at all.

So whoever you are I do hope your satisfied and that the gold serves you well. Best of luck making change for that platinum coin. It's the last bit of advantage you will ever take from me.

Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer

If we get to the point where a guard is needed by the kitchen, I think a more likely event to transpire is the thieves will have to find a new place to eat. Justice hits hard.

Simon

As all in the community kitchen workers expect to be provided with the basic respect. Sir Amaranthus spends a large amount of time working in the kitchen so our adventuring community can eat without hunting their own food in the woods. I have seen the strength it takes to balance the war effort, his responsibilities as a noble, and the work of feeding the town each gather. His strength is great, and it is disappointing to me that the small amount of trust placed in the hands of those he fed was not enough for one person to handle. The platinum was the coin that I had paid to allow all those at the gather to eat dinner without needing to pay that night, if such an amount is too tempting for some to remain honorable I will remember to not provide such temptation in the future.

I am once again disappointed, as I was when I was stolen from.
Kar.

This is beyond unacceptable. Be aware that the Court of Blythedale stands along side Sir Amaranthus. If you are discovered you will feel the full weight of justice. Stealing from those that serve you is reprehensible. I will gladly compensate any who were affected by this nefarious and heinous act.

To the thief... Remember, even if this is your first time, stealing is a gate way crime. It is always easy the first time, but the slope is slippery and all thieves are caught eventually. We may not find you this time, but someday you will slip up.

Regards,

Baron Garathon Von Storm

Oh man. You done ****** up, t'ief. I mean, I t'ink dat's pretty obvious by now, but I relish da t'ought of you squirming around knowin' dat half of Ashbury is gonna line up to whip ten gold outta your hide wit' a t'orny stick when dey catch you.

If I were you, I'd lock my doors an' windows, an' never never never never never leave my house again.

This makes me sick. How could anyone steal from kitchen. You are stealing from a knight of another realm, who gives up his time and energy to join us in the various places we travel. I don't speak with Sir Amaranthus much, but he has my respect. I will follow orders give to me by him. He spends long hours in the kitchen to make sure all of us are fed. He is up long before any of us, preparing breakfast, while we sleep. To fund the war effort, he has raffled off meals of the winner's choice, so on top of preparing dinner for the town, he is also cooking a special meal for someone who won his raffle. I have much more interactions with Kar, but she is the same way as Sir Amaranthus. She gives us late night snacks and and warm drinks at night, she also paid for YOUR meal with the coin you stole. I might do as Angrag suggests and go find a thorny stick

-Hiwa Chulainn Steelclaw

As mage guild master of fairdale you have all the services of the guild at your disposal to find this thief, my ritual casting ability is at your call to see that the person is brought to justice.

Raven

Thank you everyone, however I'm not going to use town resources, let alone ritual magic, to find a petty thief. I'm going to lock up the tavern coin and take some additional precautions like have a ward placed in the back storage room to place valuables etc to prevent future incidents.

Who ever did this will eventually get caught stealing from someone else and at that time they will be delt with. While 10 gold is quite a lot of money outside the adventuring world and is needed for the war effort, I won't be spending lots of resources to recover it.

Sir Amaranthus

I still want a flummox, and I'm paying with my own money.

Dorgun of the Osprey

If I find this foolish person, Imladari steel will bring swift justice upon them.

You have been warned thief.

Honorably,
Ohtar Altohtaro Armand
Special Forces Division
Imladar Northern Regional Command
Imladari Ambassador Pro Tempore to the Duchy of Ashbury

While the theft of my lords tavern earnings is reprehensible, let us not forget the much more pressing matters of the continued aggression of the necromancers and slavers of Thessi, the necromancer known as the Jade Skeleton, and the rebuilding of the various Duchies and Baronies. We have a lot of work to do, and this seems a great deal of effort on the part of a petty thief.

Prolon L'ar
Errant Court of Brittington
Shaman of the Skulltaker Tribe

I am still not fully versed in Ashban law, but isn't the penalty for thievery something less than death? Wouldn't it be murder to kill such an individual without a trial?

Esten Pathfinder

Yes it is, and yes it would.

While I appreciate everyone's indignation over somebody being so petty, as Prolon has already deftly pointed out, there are much more worthy targets of your anger.

Unless you have authority to dispense justice in these lands, I strongly suggest you calm yourself down. To do otherwise you run the risk of your sentence being worse than the thief you seek to catch.

In Service,
Countess Ezri Silverthorn
Amani Council

It wasn't me... I didn't take any shineys, I wasn't even there... Besides, Mr Landcharmer and Kar give me shineys to lick the plates clean and then rinse them with water. They're nice. Maybe this other thief didn't know he or she could lick plates to get shineys.

I have never heard of a flummox, Dorgun, but I will do my best to help find one. What does one look like?

Smokey

Like a large bull with ironlike scales. It is said that it's breath is so foul it can turn a man to stone.

Dorgun the Descriptive Osprey

Back