August event favorites

First off thanks to all the NPC's and plot for doing a great job especially with limited resources! Thanks to all the folks who pitched in with the doing food stuff it was delicious. And thanks to PC's who hopped fence to help out.

Favorites in no particular order:
- Taking point on dealing with the Crown Ancient in the forest of Mist and Rain and everything going decently smooth.
- Backing up Asura in getting back Dure'dhel's shield and Gandian's sword. That fight was a lot of fun despite being pretty dicey at times.
- 21 Blesses
- Matt playing Harold Kazoo and almost giving Alexander a heart attack.
- "You've gotta pay the Troll toll"
- Urt and his Polearm allowance, spend it wisely.
- New people (Players and Characters), made for a very interesting game.
- The shade fight and being pretty much just a caster.
- "What do you have against Fortress." "That's what shields are for."
- Cups of Chance!
- New squire to harass! I mean help!

Overall had a lot of fun and can't wait to see everybody again in just a couple of weeks!

Wonderful event. Wish I could've been there sooner.

- "Here let me show you how to do a blood oath."
- Intense character development. Darn you making me contemplate my mortality!
- Being ready quickly with my Selunari gems after the transformation.
- Walking into town "Ok Beryl you and the stronger people are going to do this." Wait.... oh no. Not me.
- Auryn and her tea. Yes.
- Blindfolded pearl finding with Moil. What a blast!

All the newer characters.
The big BIG boss.
"Troll Hole, Troll Hole" not caring that we couldn't hear the opening trolls warnings.
Meeting with Hesh.
The arrival of Harold Kazoo and crew.
Gypsy cursing for the first (and probably last time ever).
Adventuring in the lost city with GG and friends.
Scarecrow golem movement and talk: "go on git!!"
Squire Valentino
The Case of the Framed Scarecrow rp with farmer Jason and with Jessica Plowe.

much much more!

Great job all!

-Wanting to touch the glowy squishy thing we found in the second city with Phrederick. Everyone thinking it was a very bad idea. It turning out pretty good, in the end.
-How creepy that building looked when you first walked in. Pitch black with flashing lights coming from an unknown thing.
-Also how creepy that other place in the first city looked. Great atmosphere with that stuff.
-Valentino on squirehood: "It's an honorable position." That's all he seems to have to say about it.
-Getting to be boggles and stealing chairs.
-Dave's trolls and their interactions with me. "Yeah, I'm totally charmed. Come here and give me a hug." and "You missed me. You missed again."
-Dueling a tribeswomen so I would have to eat dinner. Her refusing to tell me her name.
-The Saturday morning fight with the shade.
-Comforting that poor man who had died because we failed to see the eye of Charis go off and intervene.
-Getting to have a couple life spells.
-Almost getting to use ledgermain

Thanks to plot and NPCs, especially Courtney, Dan and Teague for working so hard all weekend! Also thanks to everyone who helped with the kitchen.

--The Troll Toll, Troll Patrol, Pa-Troll, Troll Hole
--Finding one of the side doors by pulling a con on the dumbest patrol trolls ever with Prince Trollen Binks
--Dan: "Do you got any snacks?" *Get cupcakes, eat cupcakes, hand over key, walk away.* Mod solved!
--"Ya got robbed!" (Goon Squad knows what's up)
--The Big Big Boss Sunday morning. He was real!!!
--Hanging out with Gertie and the alt squad
--"Is it bad that I think of Barbarians as monstrous Humans?" -Everyone turns and looks at the Barbarian Knight who happens to be sitting 15 feet away
--Ignoring the late night boggles while they built a chair garden outside. "Well I'm not going to be the one to bring them back inside."
--Underground forest mod was very cool.
--3 am Gypsies bursting in and scaring the crap out of everyone, especially Matt in the Becker Pranceheart wig!
--Sarvie: "That would be POUR etiquette!" Everyone: "Nooooooo."
--Kyle and Alexander's Sarr makeup
--While my husband was NPCing: "Fiona! Stop hugging the dead bugbear!"
--Mushroom nature walk distracting us from plot

Thanks to everyone who helped make the event enjoyable!

- "Ollie, if a troll actually says "troll toll" I'll buy you a drink. 2 hours later... Daves Troll says "if you want to pass you gotta..." "Don't say it!" "...pay the troll toll" "damnit." then hearing Ollie from the back yell "Yes! Don't think I didn't hear it!"
- 3am Matt scaring Alexander was priceless
- Troll Patrol Mod and Prince Trollen Binks, ambassador of the Troll Nation of Terna in our "human" costumes.
- Big Big Boss on Sunday
- Crown Ancient Mod was really fun both in combat and story.
- Teague's Ophidian and makeup.
- Amount of wise cracking and making a fool out of myself while playing Binks.
- Beryl, I admit that shirt looks better on you than me. You sir, I have to sell you that shirt.
- Benjamin vs. Binks. "Binks, come over here a minute". I walk over, Ben lightly pushes me against the railing "paste of stickiness" and smugly walks away. 8 minutes later I wait until he's just within arms reach as he turns around "7 waylay". He looks drops to the floor. I reveal I've been stuck for 8 minutes by his display. Just a fantastic exchange.
- Hearing about the Sphinxes.
- Sat Night fight. I disarm Courtney. I slow hit her for 2s as she stands there, me being all cocky. Then she goes, "I call forth a flame blast" and I pause and drop. Serves me right.
- More as I remember for sure.

Here's my list:
-Shadow's light equipment golem mod. Asura did a great job as a PC leader this weekend, the "trick" of the monster was well done and we actually picked up on it, Damien soloing the off-shoot shard. I was all thinking "we gotta help the new guy" then I was thinking "he's actually got this" (well done Bryan)
-Staring down Victor while trying to refit my armor, that man has one intense gaze :)
-Valentino earning the red belt
-Hot sauce on marshmallows
-Talking with Erick about scholar weapon options
-Troll Hole mod: Great leadership from Asura and Victor, Holding the back with Roderick when my arm was withered, Sarvenius contributed, the cookies side-door plan and meeting Gertrude and that crew in the main tunnel
-Merrow-folk mod. Moyle is always a fantastic character to interact with, Edwina's ability to find things blindfolded is uncanny
-Realizing that winning 25% discount in Oliver's cups of chance is more like losing, owing to the fact that you're inclined to give Oliver more of your money :)
-Late night 2nd city mod, there's so much more to Phredrick than we ever thought (well played Dan), interacting with the magic "clay" was pretty fantastic
-Realizing that my best contribution to the troll boss fight Sunday morning was elemental blades for Binks and Urt, that's how you get stuff done
-Courtney's barbarian "convincing" Keladry to eat dinner, and Keladry firing so many arrows while running away
-Auryn, you certainly know your tea, and Ginger beer isn't made from real gingers :)
-The draining of gypsy essence, the reaction from Beryl and Binks as well as the conversation about humans being empty inside
-Mariah trying to teach folks how to say "Saybrien"
-Teague seems to have a pretty good grasp of Parseltongue
-All manner of late night conversations about how our game has an above average number of good people, because we do
-Rocky Road to Dublin has been stuck in my head since the event, I'm just saying

Back