Aug Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend. It was a lot of fun and I it was great to conclude two long plotlines.

Thank you Kyle for 3 years of plotting with us!

Also I forgot to mention congratulations to Carly for for becoming the assistant Head of Plot.

- "Don't worry Wild Rose, if you all die I'll just take back my 4g and hire someone else to find my families treasure."
- Yet another BBG laughed at by the town. I swear those explosives were set a minute ago!
- Goblin Ball and making Sid act like a turtle a dozen times
- Seeing Ilana's reaction to Foss getting Knighted; someone was happy :)
- Vexx's heartfelt speech
- Everything Hindsight.
- Carly's poem being recited during the Dreadlord summoning.
- "Ser Mountaintusk, why don't you take Ser Stillroot way over there, for a drink...."
- Teague and the Void Gazelle
- Really like how the PCs handled the tunnel mod. Kept it spread out, continued to push, and then the last tunnel defused it in no time flat. Thanks Foss for letting me Monologue for at least a minute once I showed you Darien's stolen head. I can't believe you all did a Woop Woop chant, I almost lost it.

Last edited:
Thank you Plot and NPCs for another great event! Thanks to the PCs as well. I felt there was a lot of RP this weekend. It was quite enjoyable for the most part.

Some favorites include:
- Thaddeus the Mummy
-Being apart of Thaddy's resurrection.
-Vexx's speech before the town
- My continual elf practice with Ractor
- Iggy's Endow joke lol
- Helping the Brothers separate (Thanks Rob and Nate for letting me have first bite of the muffin. I appreciate that)
- RPing with Teague. I think Jaroo Jaroo was the first person to see legitimately furious Terra.

Great event, thanks so much to the staff for all their hard work!
-"I'm not a Moth, I'm a Dryad, metal is gross."
-Being the town fan for a mod.
-Waking up Locke and Roy. Twice. (Sorry again Josh and Kayla) :p
-Magic Storm in the perfect location.
-Scorpio, didn't come off as the brightest Zodiac, but I liked the mobster impression I got from him.
-"YOU NEED TO HELP THEM! THEY'RE ALL DYING!" Impassioned Keeper for ya there.
-Working on some personal projects for Keeper too. Gotta get them Library artifacts!
-Getting to see everyone again of course :)

Can't wait to come down again, hopefully I can make it again soon!

Thank you Plot and NPC's! Thank you Kyle, Grats Carly!
-"So THAT'S how everyone ends up married in Wayside!" Fae deals FTW
-Vexx's impassioned speech and all the resulting feels.
-"I think I may have threatened Enan...and like 20 other people..." "That might be a problem." "I just said make me a list..."
-Found a working water pump during day time town mod -every PC in sight dives for it. The sighs of relief could be heard for miles.
-"clickity clackity"
-Stopping Kyle with a paralysis gas poison inches from hitting me dead center.

I just want to say again, thanks to all of you guys for giving me the opportunity to help run this game for you. I've had an absolute blast doing it and hopefully I've given you all some good times in the last few years. Working with Paul, Ryan, Carly, Rob, Nate K, and Nate B has been an absolute pleasure every step of the way, and I know the plot team will continue to put out an awesome experience for you all.

To answer some questions I got during the event, I will absolutely be back and my various NPC characters will still be around as necessary. I've got a couple things that still need to be wrapped up this year, so don't be too surprised if you hear any more angry shouting or overwrought incants coming from me on the wrong side of the battle. ;) I haven't decided for sure yet, but you'll all probably get to hang out with GRONK in September. That said, in the next few weekends, I have SoMN, a bachelor party, a trip out of state to visit family, a wedding, and then the Chicago event and then another SoMN event without any breaks, so I may end up skipping September. :p

There's almost too much to say about this weekend, so I'll just try to hit one thing from each major encounter I was part of:
- Quizzing the squire candidates as Kurzon at the beginning of the event. I got some really solid answers from everybody, but there were a few pained expressions on the way. (Sorry Foss! But, y'know, not really.)
- Speaking of that, standing around with half a dozen PCs and watching the rest of the town fight the undead.
- Doing the finale for the Tomb of Heroes and finally making an appearance as the Prince Proctor. Full disclosure: I completely stole the Foundation/Magisterium thing with the lights from Alexander (with his permission). Go to SoMN if you want to see more cool stuff like that!
- Cursing those dastardly do-gooder undead hunters as the mummy
- "I don't think it's working!" "No no, it's working fine, you're doing great!" "Oh, thanks!"
- Doing a small performance as Giles in the back of the tavern while half the town was trying to murder the other half outside
- Aaaaaaaaaaalmost bum-rushing Arsita, only to stop with my weapon 6 inches from her shoulder
- Finally giving that Foss guy that belt he's been working toward for the last 3.5 years
- Doing a brief silly o'clock necro plant mod to wrap up the night
- Accidentally biting Annette's finger when she was feeding my giant lizard a donut. Sorry!

And of course some notes on the big Saturday night fight:
- Putting on all the armor to play the Dreadlord and feeling like a total badass
- Almost Obliterating a PC, only to be stopped by someone who had gotten a CSS literally two hours before
- "I've killed this one too many times already, drag him off into the dark"
- Blighted Crop! Take that, PCs!
- Doing the melodramatic "I'mma burn your houses down and suck the land dry and turn everything to deads" rant during the last form of the Dreadlord. I know the info on this plotline was kinda fragmented, but hopefully it came across that this guy wasn't really all there anymore by the end of things.
- Hearing Tristan ask me Sunday morning who played the Dreadlord was almost my very favorite part of the event. Apparently putting on a helmet and doing my gruff shouting voice is enough to completely disguise my identity.
- My absolute favorite part of this event, though, was all the thanks I got from you guys and reminiscing on the nice moments from my tenure on the plot team. I really can't say enough how much fun it's been.

Last edited:
This weekend was very interesting and a lot of serious things dealt with, and character situations being worked on. The following are things I very much enjoyed in no particular order.

- Dealing with giant spiders and (after much talk) releasing a warrior of his post at a watchtower.
- Being handed the responsibility of commanding the under-seasoned adventures for the Gnoll battle.
- Getting to use my wooden sword in a fight and making dryads happy with a weapon they could touch and/or use.
- Getting a whisper wind from the Proctors to come help again.
- collecting Tar for the libarary
- being interupted in plans to help save Wayside from the Medusa duke.
- Being the token human for the Pride
- Joining the Earth Guild, (or at least talking with Eve and now going to ask Marsters to put me down for a member under the defenders branch).
- Being taught how to refit my own armor by Zima, for which I am very glad for.
- Shenanigans with necromatic plants, And tripple thanks again for those NPCs that did that for us.
- Seeing Foss knighted after so long of his work as a squire.
- Ser Foss informing me that I will be again incharge of the under-seasoned adventures for the dreadlord battle.
- Getting feared and downed by undead and life-ed for the first time.
- learning more earth magic
- Watching Ser Foss duel some fay
- Necro-goblins and Jehan being mad that we didn't know about a third that was able to drop him.
- Getting the chance to set things up so I can study at the Fairfax library between markets
- Finally meeting Keeper of secrets in person and helping him squish spiders and stone golums for more things for the library.
- Being told I would be hunted if I tryed running away while being parinoid by Zima (which was midly scary and funny)

Thank you all for a great weekend again. I can't wait for next event. It was great to see everyone again and to work more with my character to learn and be tested in ways I never thought possible.

First of all, that site was really nice. I know there were some issues here and there with sleeping space, long walks, and some lighting, but if we have an event there again I think we can get it all worked out.

I had a great time and Kyle, your plot was all really solid, it will be a shame to see you leave but great to have you as a PC!
-Getting to fight a Death Knight and being effective finally.
-That poor lightning elemental, that was the sort of thing that will stick with me, thank you.
-Having a longer talk with Solar Clawsome about planar layout.
-Fighting mainly the Chaos undead Saturday night. My armor was up nearly that entire mod.

September should be fun, cant wait.

I had a great event! This was a super strong RP event for me, and I think I learned a lot about who Banradi really is, even after 3 years.

Favorites:
-Talking with Songbird 1
-Teaching the "younger" gypsies what it’s like to be a greater and spending time with them
-The amount of anger and frustration Radi has with nobility… Including not bowing to them and refusing to go to public executions. I’m sure that’s going to bite me someday…
-All the different reactions to my glowing eyes
-Learning a whole bunch of different information about what’s going on from 80 different people
-Going to ask about the safety of... Goblins? TWICE! Really!? Goddamnit Taios...
-Being able to make a Waystone Key!
-Looking for Solar Rudari and being both excited to meet him but also unsure what Radi thinks of him
-Weird greater gypsy fae curse breaking
-Foss & Radi team forever
-“You really do wander, don’t you?” -Nikkoli
-Having a nightmare about the marheim coming into town and the RP that night and the next morning
-All the drinking... “You should go. You getting drunk is like me sulking in the woods” -Link
-The amount of times Radi cut his hand open to bleed on stuff. Kit’s had /far/ too much influence.

Thank you to plot, the NPCs, and the rest of the staff. Everything seemed to run smoothly, and I know how difficult that can be! Now that I'm moving to Chicago, I hope to see you guys a lot more often. :)

-Ian

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this weekend. my favorites in no particular order:

- The dark thirty silly mod, and the don't worry guys I've got this which was quickly knocked down.
- nothing particular about this one, but my first time ever using packets, thanks Kyle for the tips on my cauliflower :)
- Carly's poem at the start of the Dreadlord mod.
- Being a necro Goblin.
- The RP leading up to the battle with Marheim.
- Goblin Ball
- The Tunnel Mod.

Thank you Plot I had a great time experiencing the many different roles this weekend, and I think it will help me when I make my first PC.

-Bryan

Thank you so much for everyone helping me out as a still new person to Larping.

In no specific order I enjoyed:

- Being a giant spider.
- The poem at the start of the Dreadlord battle
- Watching someone RP kicking a door and not getting it to work on Sunday.
- I enjoyed being an NPC, and the wonderful people that tried to help me understand the game.

Leanne

First full length Chicago game and what a blast.

-Friday night lowbie mod I NPCed for. Only people there who'd seen me PC saw my scholar. Not my barbarian fighter. How strange I should be dealy with an ultra light twohander.
-Goblin rolls in. "I'm a necromancer!"
-"Undead STOP LOOKING FOR AURA!"
-Quadrupling the amount of MIs on my scholar. Who is less than half the age and build of my main. I swear Wild Rose is trying to buy my love with MIs.
-Speaking of which I need to question my PC's gender preference...
-Dropping my first subjugate on a golem and oh god I lvoe that spell.
-Compleatly tapping myself on the tunnel mod. Then I get the dragons breath book.
-I hadn't prepped any evo. Out of MIs I had about 150 in Ice evo alone.

Great event. Now I need my barbarian back.

Thanks to everyone who came out in the hot August sun, and special thanks to our NPCs for working so hard all weekend! It was great seeing so many of you come out to our game.

--Hindsight ritual, despite the hedgehog-related drama that may have resulted... ;) All the PCs who got thrown into roles did beautifully. It's really tough to improvise scenes like that with ten minutes warning, but you all rolled with it wonderfully. (Especially my two Heroes Draco and Terra, sorry I had to yell at you as the Wizard!) Also I got to spirit shatter Peldras and Artorias, it figures the only time I remember to throw dragon magic it's when I'm fighting the PCs who are playing NPC characters.
--Jehan's impressive turnaround on his planar theory quiz, and the planar technobabble conversation with Fredrick
--Apparently I shocked the town by hugging the newly knighted Foss... scandalous!
--Jehan's and Liddia's guide to all of Wayside's best travel destinations
--Harpy negotiations... I made you guys work hard for that deal
--Asura's intense look of guilt as poor Jarvis got absorbed. "Hey... hey... hey... hey... hey..."
--During the Saturday afternoon tunnel fight, my trog looking all cocky after Dispelling 3 Walls of Force... and then Keeper casts Wall #4... Well, you got me there. Then, of course, my shaman who ate it to a death baned back at me.
--Foss's face when Libara threw the head of the late Baron Fairfax to the ground, and then Rob's Scorpio in his tiny hat. "WHY NO BOOM?"
--"It's the banshee! GET IT!!!"
--DFMing the Dreadlord's spirit cage, I've never seen that many people stand silently for my pretentious expository poem #3 of 4... And I only flubbed one line. I just hope most of you could hear some of it while maintaining a "safe distance" :) And as a completely unbiased source, I think I can say that my husband looked like a total badass in his armor.
--The library gets to be a more popular hangout every event, it seems!
--Late night meetings and mental abilities... And then getting interrupted with "sorry, magistrate, but I think that guy's a vampire..."

I should stop listing things before I recount the entire event. Thanks for coming, everyone!

Wayside Travel Destinations... What Good RP you get when you sit down a former plot member of 7 years and the first registered PC in the game to ask them to point out the best spots you could vacation to. :)

This was such a good game! Thank you to everyone who made it so good

-Kicking off my event with a meeting with Mother Dumari. I'm still wearing that bracelet
-Nikolai and the blood raven! Grimshaw looks like he was gonna stab me for walking around with blood on my face
-The master vampire rolling in at 4am. Gypsy curse has never been so awesome
-Foss's 'Get em' Locke!' and the trap wrecking with Jehan afterward
-Scorpio's 'Where's the boom?' "About that..."
-Fighting with Haraka and the high/low game saturday night
-Fighting the ghoul "Come here, princess"
-Beryl and Wild Rose, cause that's going places. BUY HIS LOVE, WILD ROSE! IT'S WORKING!!!
-The goblin's 'you're a bad mother' comment, which was promptly followed by a beat down
-Fighting Sunday morning spiders wearing a PA
-Keeper's saturday not 'THEY. ARE.DY--ING!' shrieks

Too Many Favorites to really name them all Chicago ran a solid game and folks did a great job staying in game and bringing the RP up a notch! As always thanks to all Staff, NPCs, Medical Marshalls, and players for making this event work!

Some Faves:

- C guild master test... (I hate you guys so much!) :) and some of the RP that generated with Dave, The Pride and various other PCs who are helping. Thanks to all of you.
- Getting to run with a different crowd for a bit on Friday nights "trial" mod. It was good.
- Rom response to my temp race change... Wow Ian/ Nate
-Lifestorm RP, getting it done this weekend good job guild!
- Working with Sam and the company to get a difficult plot to end well... And surprising Any Hale with my request.
- Baron Davis ordering me to go after Duke Monteque..." Your exelancy, with all due respect, you can't give me that order... *both of us look at Magistrate pointedly* "oh fine, Jehan you are ordered to detain the duke for questioning and if he resist use deadly force in his arrest...*
- Foss/Jehan RP- I love playing with you Nick... You challenge the heck out of me... And I dig our long term RP.
-20 gold race change..."it's a pleasure doing business with you"
- Some serious drama that really may help the town come together long term, Vex had me crying, Enan had me moderating an argument, Eric had me defending the squires need for a CSS, seriously it was like reverse world... :) you guys all did a great job keeping it IG.
- Liddia therapy session.. Sad it got cut short...followed by Both of us dropping some serious map knowledge on poor Carly.
- Locke in a circle... "Kick the trap Locke... I'll life you" Thanks Nate for letting us get creative.
- Wild Rose RP- so much changed when we talked in TC that I see you differently from many folks in town.
- Getting taken out by Rob D as a necro goblin... "There's 2 goblins...*terminate* make that 3 goblins":)
- Getting to finally RP a bit more directly with Link talking about how to resolve problems and planning out a very daring takedown of the dreadlord...
- actually executing on the plan for the dreadlord... 11 prisons in 9 seconds. Well done all... Minus the part where he came back a 3rd time and we were tapped out.

Thanks to everyone involved, this was a great market for me. Ignathis is looking a little worse for wear though...

-Splitting the Ettin Brothers and getting fed like a baby bird.
-The hindsight ritual and the new sitcom "I'm a teenage litch"
-Protecting Arbor, a full town mod split into different factions was a phenomenal idea.
-Mocking Scorpio "I heard you like music."
-Trying to find someone to help me deal with a vampire, asking the Magistrate instead.
-Mummy Thaddy.
-Looking for Enan out in the field, only to find him finishing a refit.
-Getting prepared for the goblin fights.
-Vexx's speech.
-Drink specials at the flaming skull.
-Getting nailed by all of Ryan's packets...
-Getting reversed lifeforced only to jump infront of all the chaos attacks.

For my first trip to wayside I had a lot of fun experiences
-Some intense RP with Locke
-traveling with a group of gypsies too much jingling for a rogue
-helping keeper with his library on multiple occasions
-"Sam they need you inside" okay but i am going to bring these grapes to be smug then" "I will feed them to you for a silver"
-goblin necromancers
-very nice flute and guitar playing

"I'm a teenage lich" is definitely catching on! ;)

I do have to add one to my list: Ignathis when he correctly guessed Peldras's backstory for Hindsight... "Apparently I'm really good at reading between the lines!"

Wow! I was extremely happy with this weekend in and out of the kitchen.

Some Favorites!

The anger of being 5 seconds late to save Thaddeus.
The Tomb of Heroes. Neat thing that is.
Oh yeah you can swing Order...Muwahahahahhahahaha...13 order to the construct!
Only earth caster awake and not with hindsight group.
Marheim fight and wait what was that. Oh yeah not a shatter spirit. Woo.
Nate with a Bite. Eek!!
Teaching and explaining about the earth guild and having potentially 3-4 new recruits!
Cut off the horns they said...Well yeah they did and it worked!
Paranoid Jehan. Sometimes Pan is right.
Paranoia...Paranoia everybody's coming to get me.
Foss Jumping in front of an oblit for me.
Compliments on my casting.

Happy tired Daphne is happy and tired.

Back