Arcane Armor question

I've been reading up on some things now that I play a caster and they may become relevant to me at some point. I'm aware that if you have ranks of Formal Magic you gain the ability to wear more Arcane Armor than otherwise allowed by your class however I can't find the specifics of this in the rulebook. I'm curious what the rules are on it and where those are listed?

Is this information on the Arcane Armor ritual scroll itself? The only mention of it I can find within the rulebook is under the Arcane Armor section of player rituals that states:
Arcane Armor cannot be utilized at a lower level of efficiency. For example: Belthivis the scholar creates an Arcane Armor 30, but unless he possesses a significant amount of Wear Extra Armor skills and/or Formal Magic levels, he may not utilize this item.
But that passage doesn't give any further details and I couldn't find anything under the Formal Magic sections.

It's on the Arcane Armor scroll itself, rather than in the rulebook:
The Arcane Armor scroll said:
Whether cast upon a spirit or an item, the arcane armor will not function for an individual if its protection value is greater than the sum of the maximum armor permitted by their class plus their wear extra armor skill plus one point for each formal magic level they possess.

Excellent thanks Alexander.

Back