PC Crafting Materials Survey

Willem Rivet

Artisan
Hello!
I'm JT, and I play a merchant-minded Artisan up in Chicago. The local Merchant Guild was talking about the wider economy of Crafting Materials and how we value them vs. other chapters and I was wondering if I could poll each chapter and see directly from them how the implementation is going there. So here I am!

In Chicago, we value single Crafting Materials as a silver coin. There has been some grumbling about it from non-Artisan folk, and it definitely gets purchased for coin by the Merchants Guild when Town Auction happens so the split is primarily coin (unless the person would rather CM than coin.)

So my questions are:
How are Crafting Materials valued in your chapter? Does everyone agree on this assessment, or is there debate?
Does everyone engage with it, or is it ignored by some groups?
Thank you for taking time to reply. At the very least discuss this amongst yourselves if consensus hasn't been reached.

My DMs are open if you want to reply privately, but I think the public discussion is helpful.

Thanks again!
-JT

This sounds like an IG question

This sounds like an IG question
It is not. This is a player asking about the widespread implementation of a mechanic. It is intended at allocate CM fairly, which is an OOG concern, separate from a capitalistic PC who should act in his best interest. Much in the way a Loot Split cannot (or at least *should not*) be rogued, because it affects the game in a way contrary to the Staff's desire.

If you would still like me to retract my survey, I can ask that each of my threads be closed for reply. This is the first of this take on it so far, though.
-JT

You're asking for an in game value for an ig game item. Seem like an in game question to me and just because players have responded (oog I'm assuming) doesn't change the conditions.

Loot Split cannot (or at least *should not*) be rogued, because it affects the game in a way contrary to the Staff's desire.
Let's agree that we shouldn't go down the path discussing "loot split" being "rogued".

You're asking for an in game value for an ig game item. Seem like an in game question to me and just because players have responded (oog I'm assuming) doesn't change the conditions.

Let's agree that we shouldn't go down the path discussing "loot split" being "rogued".
I seem to have stepped in something, here. I'm drawing a comparison between these situations because there are considerations we make as players to ensure fairness and a good experience of the game to others players, and this seems to me to be an extension of that consideration.

It seems to me you have strong reservations to this line of thought, so I'll leave this chapter off my survey. I hope you have a good day.

Back