Break-In Report and a Request for the Adventurers

Payton (Bel)

Minnesota Staff
Adventurers,

Seekers' Guild members entrusted with the guarding of the Vault of Evoder have reported that a break-in occurred late last night in one of the deepest chambers of the vault. Of the five thieves that broke in, four were resurrected under mysterious circumstances, their belongings left behind in piles. The fifth was apprehended and is being held for questioning. While the guards insisted nothing of real value was stolen, they eventually admitted some of the so-called "Dragon Orbs" mysteriously vanished.

Upon taking inventory, it would seem the orbs in question were amongst the oldest and most powerful of these artifacts. We are missing a total of fourteen in all. The guards were promptly replaced.

Though we have not yet met, I have heard many tales of your exploits. On behalf of the Seekers' Guild, I beseech you: should you come across any of these ancient Dragon Orbs in your travels, please return them to me and I will see that you are rewarded handsomely for your efforts.

Delegate Avis Essaya of the Picheston Guildhouse

Do we know if its possible to return these memories/emotions to the Dragons? Given what we know, we could return them if their dragon still lives.

Talon Knight Cass
Marshal under Summer

Do we know if its possible to return these memories/emotions to the Dragons? Given what we know, we could return them if their dragon still lives.

Talon Knight Cass
Marshal under Summer
From our work with the Magic Guild, this does seem to be a promising theory. However, we have yet to work out a way to free them from the structure of the orb itself. We are likely missing information on the exact manner in which the orbs are created, which could give us a lead on ways to reverse that process. I have personally been investigating this matter alongside other members of my guildhouse, though we have yet to find anything of note. There are few historical records on the dragons of Evodia and even fewer date back far enough to be useful, though I believe through efforts by the Adventurers it was learned that what we know as "Dragon Orbs" are a result of a curse that was placed on the land by Evoder. Signs are beginning to point to the Visir. I will keep the Adventurers updated on our findings as we investigate further.

Avis Essaya

Perhaps I misheard, but Dragon Orbs are created once a dragon uses dragon magic. Their memories/emotions are lost and materializes into these orbs. Thus Dragon Magic is so taxing.
As to a cure, yeah, that’s beyond my expertise.
Cass

Perhaps I misheard, but Dragon Orbs are created once a dragon uses dragon magic. Their memories/emotions are lost and materializes into these orbs. Thus Dragon Magic is so taxing.
As to a cure, yeah, that’s beyond my expertise.
Cass
You are absolutely correct, Dragon Orbs are created when a Dragon casts Dragon Magic. I apologize for being unclear, allow me to clarify what I mean: While we are aware of what triggers the creation of Dragon Orbs and the loss of memories (the casting of Dragon Magic) and believe that it is linked to the Curse of Evoder, it is still unclear how these orbs are actually created. The records I mentioned from before the Incursion of the Djinn contain no references to these orbs, despite containing dozens of accounts of Dragon Magic being cast. This supports the curse theory and seems to imply the cost of casting Dragon Magic was not always so steep. It is for this reason that I turn to the Visir and the records of the Kobolds. It seems likely they would have records of how and when this curse was placed upon the land, as it affects them far more intimately than anyone on the surface of Evodia.

Avis

Talon Knight Cass
Marshal under Summer
Cass,

In the past, given that we has no sufficient way to manage them, a few of us contacted a dragon and offered them a memory of theirs back. They refused. That is when we decided that the Vault was the best place to keep them at the time. Obviously, now we must question if it still is.

Delagate Avis,

I would very much like to speak to the guards who were on duty that night, including any of those who resurrected. I would appreciate your cooperation on this matter. Thank you.

Viscountess Zenia Mallowbrooks

Zenia,

I ask certainly ask Summer next I see them, which I imagine won't be too long as I am their Knight.

Cass

Viscountess,

I would be more than happy to let you interview the guards, though I fear they may not be much help. They all claim they saw nothing the night of the break-in, having all fallen asleep on duty at the same time. Convenient, but there were several countermeasures that should have prevented the thieves from even reaching the guards, let alone sleeping them. Those countermeasures failed to stop them, which may suggest the thieves had some insider knowledge on what they were up against. There's no way to prove all of the guards were truly sleeping at the time, either. As for the four resurrections, it is unclear what caused the deaths. The defenses within the inner portions of the vault are designed to detain, not kill. Those thieves have evaded capture thus far; assuming they all resurrected successfully, of course. I will see to it that the Adventurers have an opportunity to interview the guards and the thief who was caught.

Avis

Back