Alliance Nationals 2018 - Plot Hook (IG and OOG)

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Introduction to Voridium [IC]

During your time in the Dreaming, a back of low grey fog flows into the area, building up until is obscures sight, though shadows flit in and out of substance, hinting at far off lands both known and unknown. This is not fog, but the Mists that separate the Shards of Fortannis. Slowly, the Mists swirl and part as a young mystic wood elf paces confidently into the clearing, and addresses the assembled visitors to the Dreaming:

To whomever this reaches, I hope it finds you well. My name is Ayr Solana, youngest of the Solana Family. Originally from Acarthia, it has been several centuries since we have called any shard our home.

My father travelled to a shard of Fortannis named Voridium one hundred and twenty seven years ago. The mists only opened for a few days, but what his group found was quite spectacular: expansive ruins of a grand civilization that had long since passed; books of knowledge, items of great power, all left behind as if the civilization’s occupants just disappeared one day. At the time, father's party had no way of knowing that the mists would close again so soon.

Overwhelmed by the volume of knowledge and riches that gathered dust here, they became absorbed in their exploration and were taken by surprise when the mists began to ebb away. Thanks to the quick thinking of their mistwalker, Vir Solana, they were able to return home through the mists, but there was no time to leave with anything but what they were carrying. That alone was enough to leave my family wealthy until now, but far, far more remains to be captured by a better-prepared expedition.

The mists have shifted much this year, and it looks as if this particular shard will open once again. We suspect that the lands of Voridium will open for another few days in May, and would like to bring as many capable adventurers as we can. Even now, members of our family are traveling to many of Fortannis' shards to recruit fortune-hunters and truth-seekers, answer questions, and coordinate the journey there and back.

If you intend to join us in Voridium in about four months, but travel without a Solana, please be careful. If you do not hurry to find your way back out after three days time, the mists will close and you could be stuck forever!

[OOC]

Interested in exploring a mythical shard filled with the remnants of a lost civilization? Come help the different factions already there who will be exploring the ruins and uncovering what lost secrets await! Join the Archaeology Guild of Acarthia, The Liches Hoarde Trading Company, Lord Finther of Ashbury, or the Solana Trading Company as they all seek to explore and find what they may while in this newly uncovered shard. Rumor has it that valuable and powerful artifacts lie within for those efficient and clever enough to find them… Those same whispers mention that they might have been the cause of the end of the civilization that once thrived here. Either way, come aid the curious, and join us in the Lost Shard of Voridium.

Back