A report on my visit to the Wylderkin camp

tazoulti

Scholar
In my mission of being a representative healer, I went along with other adventurers to the tavern in the No Man's land to attend an audience with the Wylderkin group in the Dark Elven country of Heliorinas, better known to others as the 'Rebellion'. We docked at one of the small harbor towns in Ulodoss Bay, and were granted passage through the Dark Elven Shade Road that quickly transported us across the country to the western banks of Lake Eladira. As I passed through the army camp of the JTF, I saw many seasoned and professional war veterans of both the Dark Elves and Carnivorous Wylderkin, which concerned me greatly considering that I suspected that the Wylderkin were not soldiers themselves. I found the JTF camps mood serious, if not downright deadly.

As we made our way across to the Wylderkin camp, I easily noticed a distinct change in mood. I heard upbeat music, the roaring laughter of many people as if a great party was being had, though the guards at their gate gave us a proper challenge, and quickly let us in after we explained who we were and what our purpose was. As I moved through the outer portion of the camp, I saw many boisterous herbivore and insectoid Wylderkin amongst the various partiers, but I also noted that a smaller portion of their membership were Sylvanborn who were better dressed than the varied Wylderkin. Everyone about bore a splash of red, which I quickly learned, is the color of "the revolution".

After sharing much food and drink with some revelers, I was presented to the one they called the Speaker of the People - Kyloe, a highland cow Wylderkin, and his Sylvanborn advisor Freddie L’Rey Oversteegen. I learned from Ms. Oversteegen that she was a low level minister in Huvaria before all this started, and that she traveled with Beauregard de la Vega Orensanz, the recently promoted Erabellan Aristocracy Viscount.

As I understand it, they came across Speaker Kyloe and a band of migrant workers from Esnal in the Heliorinas and came to understand from Speaker Kyloe how Esnal, the nation of the Wylderkin, are ruled through a oppressive & rigid caste system that essentially is providing migrant laborers for performing whatever tasks that is needed to maintain farms & fields in Heliorinas that which the Dark Elves apparently through their culture appear to consider beneath them or disdain to take up such roles.

Ms. Oversteegen then explained how they gathered the Wylderkin migrant farmers & workers and endeavored to educate & unite them in expressing their dissent to the Esnal government about the oppressive caste system and the Wylderkins lack of being able to find their 'true path in life' as the Sylvanborn born describe it.

From the other opinions I got while performing my healer duties within camp, I believe things got a bit choatic at some point as those leaders which they (Viscount Beauregard de la Vega Orensanz & Ms. L’Rey Oversteegen) had taught spread the word of this cause to their fellow Wylderkin, and more than one interpretation of what such dissent meant through action.

As Speaker Kyloe explained to me, he believes the Dark Elves first began to take notice of the dissenters when the Wylderkin laborers left their work, and gathered in this camp. It was then that Speaker Kyloe and Ms. Oversteegen went to the courts of Heliorinas government and requested their aid with the Wylderkins' cause, hoping the Heliorina court would be supportive of a more free government. But Speaker Kyloe and Ms. Oversteegen were sent away insisting that they remove the Wylderkin commune camp and return things to status quo.

Ms. Oversteegen said at this point, they came to the decision that they could not abandon or move the camp, as they saw the immediate need for more training and planning, lest the Wylderkin cause would fall apart before it even had a chance to begin.

It was shortly thereafter, the JTF marched in and surrounded the Wylderkin camp. Speaker Kyloe & Ms. Oversteegen quickly tried to negotiate with the generals, but their attempts got them nowhere. It was then the Free Movement of Esnal, as they are now known, voted to request aid from adventurers.

I inquired with Speaker Kyloe about their primary goals, and he informed me they wish to remove the rigid caste system and install a government similar to that of Huvaria’s and of Erabella’s, where the Wylderkin people themselves will be given a voice in how things are run.

As I went around the camp in my duties as a healer, I quickly saw the passion of the kin in what they feel is a revolution, despite their obvious ill preparedness which can be easily understood with the hastily cobbled together buildings and numerous frayed fabric tents all around the camp.

I am very impressed by their commitment to their cause, which I see in vast evidence of them steadfastly standing up to JTF career soldiers, even though most of their wounded are on the brink of death from wounds that they will not likely recover from. I was quite dismayed to see that their earth circle is constantly full of individuals reforming and that my fellow earth casters are performing resurrections day & night while routinely exhausting their healing spells from their memory.

This firmly makes me believe they need our, us adventurers, aid in resolving this clash of wills peacefully & quickly!

Sincerely,
- Tazoulti Strongbeard

Back