Feedback

Jack and I take criticism as a learning experience, so please, if you have anything to say, positive or negative, let us know here! What did we do right? What did we do wrong? Is there anything that could be improved? What did you like? Even small things, we would love to hear about! Thanks! -Rachelle

After last weekend, please never ever run giant tick plot. :)

The event was an incredible amount of fun. And very well put together for a first event!!!
The npc's did a marvelous job and we did not have a single Debbie downer hahaha!

I had a suggestion for the future I wanted to out out that might help logistically!
I helped a group out in Texas do something similar.

When your npc and behind the scene personnel is fairly small, it can help to get the players involved!
Creating a list that is posted in a high traffic area like the tavern with chores and small volunteer things that need accomplishing can really take the stress off the plot team. You can offer small rewards for completing tasks, or decide to make it mandatory. You can include cleanup for the campsite, an hourly blocked out npc schedule for extra npc's, food prep, weapon set out and site set up, among other things to help delegate tasks.

An example list:

Saturday:
Breakfast setup (3 slots- 5 gobbies per)
________
________
________
Lunch Set up: (1gp/per) show 11AM
________
________
Dinner: (insert reward here) show 4PM
_______
_______
_______
Tavern cleanup:
_________
________

Etc etc.
As a last note on that, will there be plans to put "mod-tags" up throughout the world? See a tag, pick it up and take to plot to investigate? For premade mods? That or adventures in the work? It takes some of the footwork out for the npc's. I like making it as easy on y'all as possible because without npc's wed just be sitting around drinking at the tavern hahaha!

It looks like we will have more NPCs for the Sept event! Yay! So we may not need a cleanup list. As for MODs, yes. There were MOD cards throughout the camp. There will be again in September. :)

I will be joining you all for a little NPC time I think during September. Oh!! That brought up a point. If you have plenty of NPC's, what is your thought on doing a 24hour shift schedule for npc's? Could have stuff happening all the time.

And what of after hour sign ins? My darn work schedule will prevent me from arriving early Friday evening. Is there a way we could set that up in advance? Would you consider applying some technology for this?
An online check in piece and checkout piece, using a computer (probably would need it bolted, cabled to the desk or someone manning it) at a preferred check in point so players could swing by, check in, and print their cards to save you hassle.

Another idea might be to have an 'inn-staff' member check them,in at the inn! If thats where m.c. is going that would make a perfect spot. Theres the giant kitchen bar area, and check in could be accomplished at the bar. Heck, if you want to old school it and add authenticity, they can write names in a ledger for sign in, and the time, along with assigned 'room' .. Now I'm running away with ideas. *stops self* gaaah.
Since I offered the idea though, I would happily volunteer for the night shift portion of staffing as I am already a night shift worker ;)

If you have plenty of NPC's, what is your thought on doing a 24hour shift schedule for npc's?
****Our game will have to grow quite significantly before we entertain this idea. It isn't just about more NPCs, we will be seeking to also grow the plot team and marshals for this to happen as well.

And what of after hour sign ins? My darn work schedule will prevent me from arriving early Friday evening. Is there a way we could set that up in advance? Would you consider applying some technology for this?
An online check in piece and checkout piece, using a computer (probably would need it bolted, cabled to the desk or someone manning it) at a preferred check in point so players could swing by, check in, and print their cards to save you hassle.
****We will begin leaving envelopes at the desk with your name on it. We will be printing things in advance once payment is received and you let logistics know of your needs in advance, like using gs to make production or for character crafting and the like.

^

Thanks much! That's all I needed to know!
At this time I think we may actually make it Friday with the help of the carpool caravan. But if we do not, how would you like notice of late arrivals received?

Hmm... You can let us know via Facebook, maybe? I know cell service isn't the greatest down there. Like Jesse said, we will have an envelope with everything you should need. If you haven't checked in by the time we start, we will leave an envelope for you!

Back