New starting Build and Body

Auric

Administrator
Alliance Owner
We will be making changes to the body and build calculations for starting players in an effort to help new characters feel more immediately impactful.

We will increase starting body for all characters to 10 (increased from 6).

We will also have all new characters start at second level (25 build). This is the equivalent of a starting character under our old rules set with a weekend experience blanket applied. (We will be granting 1 weekend experience blanket to all existing characters as well.)

This change is effective immediately. I am working with logistics teams to verify all databases are updated prior to their next scheduled event to reflect these changes.

So all existing characters should add 4 Body and one 2-day blanket, regardless of their current level. Does that sound correct?

So all existing characters should add 4 Body and one 2-day blanket, regardless of their current level. Does that sound correct?

Yes.

So there is no confusion:
No logistics staff should manually add this, it is part of the database upgrade.

In reality, though, you don't just add 4 to your Body, correct? Most people will add 3 and Fighters will add only 2. Does that sound right?

Because: ((BUILD - 25) / Build needed per body) + 10

Pretty sure it'll be an additional 4 body to the base, plus whatever you would get from the extra build added from the additional starting blanket.

As was pointed out to me.... that's only true if new Body is added per Build above the old base. If the new Body is added per Build above the new, 10-higher base, it is not 4.

Tieran is correct.

It remains:
((BUILD - 15) / Build needed per body) + 10

So a Human fighter at level 1 would have 10 body. Here it gets a little tricky -- you are given an extra blanket to start so you come in at 25 build instead of 15 (No one will play as a level one character in the 1.x rules). Fighters as you know get 1 body every 5 build over 15. This means a brand new character, human fighter will start the game at level 2 with 12 body.

Because it's still BUILD - 15, all existing characters can just add +4 body.

Should we (logistics teams) be expecting an email in regards to updating this? Oregon has a game next weekend and players (new ones especially) would like to know if they will be seeing this update.

Should we (logistics teams) be expecting an email in regards to updating this? Oregon has a game next weekend and players (new ones especially) would like to know if they will be seeing this update.

Yes, I'll be working with logistics teams this week to update all remaining databases.

Crossroads has not received an email or update regarding the database upgrade. Is there anyone specific I should be messaging?

Back