Cross bow help

Dal

Any advice on how to make a crossbow?

I made the following crossbow for a reed Dryad so it was to look out of bamboo. It was made all out of pipe insulation. The bend in the bow was done by wrapping one half of pipe insulation around a large bucket so it was nice and curved. Then contact glued the second piece on top of it. When it relaxed, it was that size. And I found out that the groove in the stock was perfect for holding the arrow packets.

The easiest way to do it would be to find some somewhat stiff foam (such as the interlinking floor mats that most people call EVA foam) and gluing a few slabs together, trace out the stock and then roughly cut out the shape you want and use a sureform to do the fine tweaking. You can do the same bending technique for the bow I mentioned above and then you can cover it with a cloth sock or duct tape or paint it with latex/plastidip.

Attachments

• barmor.JPG
    barmor.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 21
I made the following crossbow for a reed Dryad so it was to look out of bamboo. It was made all out of pipe insulation. The bend in the bow was done by wrapping one half of pipe insulation around a large bucket so it was nice and curved. Then contact glued the second piece on top of it. When it relaxed, it was that size. And I found out that the groove in the stock was perfect for holding the arrow packets.

The easiest way to do it would be to find some somewhat stiff foam (such as the interlinking floor mats that most people call EVA foam) and gluing a few slabs together, trace out the stock and then roughly cut out the shape you want and use a sureform to do the fine tweaking. You can do the same bending technique for the bow I mentioned above and then you can cover it with a cloth sock or duct tape or paint it with latex/plastidip.

Thank you for your help.

Back