Mod Day tentative info

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,

Mod Day will be set for March 11-12.

Now, the wonkiness... I want to run this event at the new site because... it's amazing and we don't have to fight in 3 feet of snow and almost fall down a cliff at Twisted Pine. The parking sux and we would have to transport props again. This also gives us more building options as well for a town feel if your mod calls for it.
Here is where it gets weird. The scouts charge us for 3pm Saturday to noon Sunday for a one day... So that means less actual mod slots...

Girl Scout offices are closed for the holidays, but when they return I am going to see about negotiating a Saturday morning hourly rate (in addition) if i can.

Prices and mod day size will be announced as soon as I find out our costs for the extra hours (if we even can).
I appreciate your patience. Either way, this event will be for a full one day xp blanket.

If they don't allow extra hours in the morning, I might just go ahead and rent out both nights and run two Friday night mods.... again... just letting you know my thoughts. But I am waiting to find out if they are willing to accommodate us first before I make that final decision. I will update this thread when I hear back from them.

I am extending mod day submissions to January 31st. for those who still haven't decided or sent anything in yet because they were waiting on more details.

The new plot team is super excited about castle day and mod day and we look forward to an amazing 2017!!!

Last edited:
Wanted to add on to this. Per resources we will be looking for teams of 6-8 pcs per mod team. If you have to have more than that talk to plot and we will see what can be done.

Looking forward to playing with you guys in the comming year!

Miguel

What if we have less than that? My team will (theoretically) have four.

Chances are good that we will have more players that want to play than we have mod slots. Therefore, accepting a small group like just 4 people is something that Jesse may be willing to consider onsite once he knows what the final numbers are -- but if you can rustle up a full size group to share the fun with more people, that would be the best approach that I can recommend personally.

Trace Moriarty
Acarthia Local Plot

Oh it will definitely be the 11th... it's just a matter of starting time.... I heard from the scouts today and they are willing to do a per hour charge for the morning. So it will begin at 10 am on March 11th.
If there are those NPCing the late night shifts and do not wish to drive home, one building will be open for sleepovers. More details about slots and mod size of your group to follow.

As of right now, four people have submitted ideas for mods:

Mark Rybus/Rivervale
Leora and friends
Cory/Warchester
Night of Misrule
Lost March Plot
Lost March Plot 2
Cassie's Mod
Jim's Mod
Nyt

the scouts want me to lock down a contract ASAP so if you know you are bringing a team, please let me know ASAP! There might only be 6 Saturday slots available. If more mod teams want to go, then I will add Sunday to our contract, but I have to know ASAP!!!
Even if your ideas are up in the air.... I just need to know you are coming and bringing a team so I can get an idea of what to purchase from the scouts.

Please send your RSVP rough team attendance to plot@alliancedenver.com

Thx!

Jesse

Last edited:
You missed two. Sent a reminder to plot@, but wanted to make sure we were on the list here, too.
- Cassie's mod (sent via BGA last weekend)
- Jim's mod (sent via BGA last weekend)

Jesse, I know you've got a lot of stuff up in the air with this. I promise I'm not trying to be impatient, but I asked at an afters if people would be allowed to bring the same character on multiple mods if they took place at different times. I haven't heard a confirmed answer on this (at the time you said maybe). There are a few of us with conflicting things that REALLY want to do more than one. I know there's a problem/possible problem with the idea that someone might try to get more powerful teammates for every mod. Maybe you can allow people to do multiple mods (so long as they're at different IC times) but limit it to two? Just a suggestion. :)

Hello Folks,
My apologies if this is the incorrect forum page for my question. I have never been to a Larp event but obviously am interested. From reading the New members forum I understand that to get a good feel for Larp I would be wise to attend as a NPC. I see that my local Denver chapter has an event on Feb. 4th, a 'Mod event' I am not sure what that is, does it require NPC's and if so how do I volunteer?
I thank you for any help you may be able to give. I have emailed Mr. Jesse Grabowski but I am sure he is extremely busy at the moment.
Yours Sincerely,
Jamieson

Hello Folks,
My apologies if this is the incorrect forum page for my question. I have never been to a Larp event but obviously am interested. From reading the New members forum I understand that to get a good feel for Larp I would be wise to attend as a NPC. I see that my local Denver chapter has an event on Feb. 4th, a 'Mod event' I am not sure what that is, does it require NPC's and if so how do I volunteer?
I thank you for any help you may be able to give. I have emailed Mr. Jesse Grabowski but I am sure he is extremely busy at the moment.
Yours Sincerely,
Jamieson

The Feb 4th event is kind of a special one, as it has limited openings for both PCs and NPCs, and has a cost associated with even NPCing (not a normal thing). I'd recommend joining our Facebook page (linked below) which is far more active, and NPCing the March mod-day, as you'll get a better feel for the game.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alliancedenver/

The Feb 4th event is kind of a special one, as it has limited openings for both PCs and NPCs, and has a cost associated with even NPCing (not a normal thing). I'd recommend joining our Facebook page (linked below) which is far more active, and NPCing the March mod-day, as you'll get a better feel for the game.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alliancedenver/
Thanks PirateFox, I will do that, although I didn't see a March event on the web page.

It's still being finalized, but I believe it's March 10th or 11th.

Erg...11th or 12th. I can't read a calendar.

Official post from Acarthia Local Plot:

I am speaking ex cathedra, or to everyone except Josh Lee who speaks Latin, I will invoke the magic forbidden words, "Jesse said..."

For the March 2017 Mod Day, players may play each Player Character only once. You may attend 1 single mod as 1 character, and 1 additional mod as an alt. You may not attend more than 1 mod as the same character.

This is so nobody racks up double the XP on one single character, and throws off our cap levels.

The Game did consider the question: May I just go for roleplay purposes, with no XP earned? The answer is no. The trouble is that not earning XP gets really tricky if your character takes a death, or with the added question about a single PC racking up double the potential treasure that any other character gets. It opens up a can of worms which is a totally gross metaphor when you visualize it, and really, nobody wants that. It's just too sticky a question.

The Game apologizes to those players who are enthusiastic about more than one adventure opportunity, and eager just to play their character and have fun with friends. We wish we had a good solution to the logistical issues of XP, death, and treasure, but this seems like the most fair solution to everybody... Not to mention that it best allows the chance for the maximum number of PCs to find slots on mods and get to go at all. Sorry we can't accommodate everyone's wishes all at the time same time -- but we did consider this in detail.

Looking forward to writing for you for the Castle Day (although I will not be in attendance), and super-duper looking forward to the March Mod Day and the 2017 season!

Trace Moriarty
2017 Acarthia Local Plot

Did Jesse happen to say how payment would work for that? Pay twice to play twice? One payment plays all?

He did not say, but I am quite sure that payment will be per character, per module run, not "all you can eat."

T$

It will definitely be pay twice if that is your wish. Since we will have more slots than just Saturday, I am going to arrange to have both days like last year, the 11th and the 12th. This way, we might also get more NPCs to help out with each shift and on potentially different days.
Right now though, my attention is on castle day, but I will try to answer what I can in regards to mod day. We might also allow some folks to hang out and RP into the night just because we miss each other! Stay tuned for details on that...

Jesse

Back