This Weekend

Payton (Bel)

Minnesota Staff
Unfortunately, one of the friends coming with to this weekend's event has not been able to get his Friday shift covered. This means we will not be able to come until Saturday. Will we still be able to partake? Also, is it possible to get a New Player Marshall to help us? This will be our first event.

It's not uncommon for people to show up late to events or miss a day or leave early. You can definitely still partake.

By the way, I've gotten slightly lost on the way to this site before - I think Google Maps just says something like, "turn left onto Paradise Drive, destination's on the left." There's a left turn just after you turn onto Paradise Drive that has a marker with the street number, 21930. If you take that path down, there'll be a castle on the left side and parking up ahead. Park in the lot and then head on in - there'll probably be folks outside who can point you in the right direction, but if not, just head on into the castle and look for someone that looks like they know what they're doing.

I'm not on staff, but I've been around a while. Do you guys have any specific questions or are you just looking for a little guidance? My general advice for this weekend, whether you're PCing or NPCing, is to pack warm, pack extra socks, and wear comfy boots. It's warm inside, but we'll be outside for long periods throughout the event and I think the warmest we can expect this weekend is about 30 degrees.

Thanks for the excellent advice! I think we are looking mostly for guidance, especially for Character Creation. I will be seeing one of the two friends I'm bringing with shortly, so I will post any specific questions we have!

Just a heads up from here on out you are probably going to get pretty limited responses on the forum as most of us are headed to the event and it's a fairly long drive for most folks.

Most game and Character related questions we'll be happy to help you with onsight and people are always more than happy to help you learn the game.

As for end time on Sunday we are usually wrapped up and headed off site by midday (noon or 1pm at the latest).

My advice is to make note of any questions you have and bring them with you to the game and we can help you out then.

-Rick Blatz, another friendly long time player.

Back