Castle Day and you!

Would you like an OOG tour of the castle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Greetings folks!!! I was going to wait until closing ceremonies this weekend, but I'm too excited!

So, the rental will be on February 4th, Saturday from 4PM to 10PM. They rent it in 6 hour windows of time with the first hour for vendor/client setup and the last for vendor/client cleanup. So that gives us four hours of fun in a castle!

IG this will take place at Sir Jared's manor, Bloodworth Keep!

There is an event before us that ends at 3pm, so please do not arrive until 3:30.

It would help greatly if you arrived in costume and makeup.

4pm will begin logistics. After you're done, feel free to peruse the grounds IC, but do not go into the castle until we officially begin at 5pm. This would be great for picture taking time if need be or general pleasantries. If it's too cold, we will allow entry into the grand hall at 4:30. I don't want you outside freezing for an hour!

Here is where the poll comes in... We have the option of having 4 tour guides to take us through all the rooms of the castle and give us a real tour OOC.
OR... I can cancel the free tour guides if you think it will break immersion and would rather not have that at this event. The tour will be from 5-6 PM if we do.

Role-play shenanigans and dinner from 6-9.

For the actual event, are we confined to the grand hall, or can we tour much the same stuff as the official tour during the event (minus the descriptions the guides would give)?

Hrmm... they left that tidbit out... lemme call and find out tomorrow!

For me, that'll lean my decision a bit, along with the actual price. :) Can't wait to hear more.

If you want to get somewhere off limits, just tell them you're there about the tapestries. It totally works. I saw it on a movie once.

Don't think Cea and I will be able to make it, but if cost is in the ballpark of what was mentioned earlier in the year in an Interest-gauging post, I'm pretty sure we would fall on the "more game, less ooc" side. However, if there was an IG tour telling us about IG stuff... :D

I will volunteer personally to write the **** out of a ghost tour of Bloodworth Keep, site of the Battle of Gresham, the bloodiest battle in Acarthian history, and all the ghosts and curses lingering on that wretched palace of horrors as a result of the many conflicts it's seen over the years....

Trace

2 things swung my vote to No.

1) Trace's IC ghost tour offer.
2) After visiting castles in other parts of the world, American castles (especially in the West) just don't have much relative history. It's almost without exception, "This rich European brought stuff over to build a sweet estate for his American wife." Not to be too flippant, I'm sure there's some cool history, but probably not enough to override the game atmosphere.

I don't see it in that info, but Cost differences? assuming that a castle for 6 hours is a price scale we're not used to exactly for an event. Also assuming we're not to be doing fighting or anything and this will be an RP only event.

I'm doing some build cap planning with people and was curious: will this be an xp-generating event (seems like it from use of Logistics) and if so, how much (half day, full day, etc)?

Jesse, any idea on the reason "why" adventurers were invited to his keep?

Back