Japanese Immersion Night

Weasel

Minna-san, akemashite omedetougozaimasu!!!!!

So i'm gonna do this in English the first time around so everyone gets it. It's come to my attention that there are several of us who have studied Japanese at some point or another and I keep hearing "I wish I could practice more...". Therefore, I'm interested in setting up a monthly Japanese immersion night at my place. The point of this get together is to hang out for an evening, watch Japanese movies, eat Japanese food and speak in nothing but Japanese!

If your interested:
Where: Exterminate Inc @ The Weasel's Nest (aka 13229 Linden Ave N., Seattle, WA 98133. Apt 401-B)
When : Saturday January 21st, 2012. From 6PM to 10PM.
Entertainment: Choice between Miyazaki's Nausicaa: of the Valley of the Wind or Howl's Moving Castle
Food: I will be providing Yakisoba noodles and chicken. I ask that everyone bring a veggie for Yakisoba, drinks, or dessert to share.

Please RSVP here on the boards or to my e-mail kmolin19@gmail.com. When you RSVP also post what you will be bringing so other people can plan accordingly.

Though I'm not going to ban anyone from this event for lack of knowledge I strongly recommend at least 1 year high school or 1 quarter college of Japanese language study or some kind of home study equivalent. If someone without previous study wants to give this a try I will be happy to teach as much as I can during the evening.

See you at Immersion Night!!!
Kirsten

Can I show up and pretend I'm Godzilla all night? Being that I don't speak Japanese, I would be speaking in monstrous-reptile all night instead.

Brad Lewis said:
Can I show up and pretend I'm Godzilla all night? Being that I don't speak Japanese, I would be speaking in monstrous-reptile all night instead.

No. But only because I don't want to be running around the house all night screaming about "Gojira" moving my lips 12 times per actual syllable spoken. :D

But you are welcome to show up as Brad.

Laenore said:
Brad Lewis said:

No. But only because I don't want to be running around the house all night screaming about "Gojira" moving my lips 12 times per actual syllable spoken. :D

But you are welcome to show up as Brad.
This is why I can't have fun :(

What if I convince someone else to show up as Mothra?

Okay. If there ends up being a Mothra too then I might be ok with it. Just no breaking the city (or my stuff!).

Back